• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

derFeef

Sounds alright, will watch tomorrow.

Basically the player can switch targeting modes using T (remappable of course) and the camera will switch to a 3rd person over the shoulder camera, and a reticule will appear in the middle of the screen. Players can control the placement of the camera by zooming in or out while in the regular mode - once they push T they are locked into the distance that they chose.

While in reticule targeting mode, hovering the reticule over a target will select that object/person/monster as your active target. You fire off abilities as normal, but if you don't aim at the target, you will clear the target.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...ecret-World-The-New-Game-Director-Speaks.html

About the animation system re-vamp:

It is a process that will take some time. The plan is to roll it out in stages as best we can. So we'll start with "first impressions" animations such as the basic combat, movement and jumping (oh yes jumping) and then work our way through the more detailed stuff. I can't honestly put a timeframe on it but I will say that improving the first impressions of the game and combat is one of my priorities as Game Director, and therefore this is a priority for me as well.

Sad that it's just happening now, always difficult to draw more players into a MMO, even if it improves a lot.

Logged in to check out the Halloween content and will probably finish up the quests tomorrow if I have time. I also checked out the new store items and had to buy this awesome ninja outfit:

aI8Yj.png

derFeef

Finished the first part of the Halloween quest, was good :D
Second part is tougher, third part is group fight! maybe we can arrange something?

Finished the first part of the Halloween quest, was good :D
Second part is tougher, third part is group fight! maybe we can arrange something?

That would be great. Unfortunately due to time zone differences, I think this Saturday or Sunday is the only time we could coordinate. What's your Steam ID?

Effect

Have not notcied much difference, always people here and there, especially at the new mission locations, but that could be because of the event.

Thanks. Guess I'll see for myself soon as well. I really want to get back to the story to be honest if I'm i'm alone while doing that so be it. Going to try and make an effort though to be more social then I normally am in a mmo to tackel some of the dungeons. I think I only did the first one and it was a lot of fun. Normally I don't like the dungeon crawl in mmos but that was different.

derFeef

Just woke up. Will be ready shortly, after some breakfast. Can we complete this with just 3 people or do you think we'll have to try and pick up 2 more?

I read that it's possible with 2 or 3 people, but then I am not fully loaded QL10 yet. let's just try I guess :)
I think it would be silly to lock it to QL10 people only etc. for such an event.

Vodh

Holy shit, the cat god looks awesome on the cover of the issue... Maybe I should resub, I loved the theme and mood of this game...

derFeef

Sadly you don't interact with him that much except fighting him, love his look too. For a seasonal event the questline was quite well realized but I still missed some dialogue for him.

Arksy

Anyone still playing this? Are the servers still bustling? I was interested in trying this out since it's on special on steam.

Hey fellow TSW Gaffers,

I have a one year sub to The Secret World to give away! Thought i'd help out someone in here who wants to play but who doesn't have the cash to do so.

hit me up, either in PM or even better in this thread. Or if you can think of another member you think deserve this :)

I have a key given to me by Funcom that will create a one year sub. I'm on lifetime sub myself and thought it'd be nice to give something to Gaf :)

Carcetti

I still play but... I went to face tailor... the face looked okay in that light, but in normal gameplay I look hideous. Plus I don't have a mill of cash to spare for a fix. I feel like one of those celebrities that put too much silicone in their lips and ended up as freaks.

zugzug

is curious did the halloween event have stuff that can only be gotten during halloween?

that Catgod looks very good in the video.

syko de4d

Big trouble in Bug Apple trailer/video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAR6J3mO4VA

Too bad we will never get a GAF raid together :(

man the trailer is really nice :D

i must thank again keyboardcat for the one Year Sub :)

The quests are still amazing and miles better than everything you have ever seen in any other MMO.

Register on thesecretworld.com and

"Try it free for 3 days, and get an extra 2 days and 1200 bonus points if you complete 30 missions!"

TRY IT! :D

KuroNeeko

I really hope Secret World makes it. A few months back I was on the fence between Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World. I went with GW2 mostly because of the lack of a subscription cost, but I fully intend to try this once things settle down a bit.

It really looks like a lot fun.

Pretty nice update! Reticule combat is interesting but it feels kind of awkward with melee weapons. Not being able to map any attacks to the primary mouse buttons doesn't help. It's also slightly annoying that your camera doesn't lock when you go into menus while using this targeting mode. I'm pretty happy with the new quests, PVP changes, and the ability balancing. It looks like healing will be a bit easier and I can finally rid my tank build of Escalation. I really need to get that chainsaw!

syko de4d

i already got the chainsaw but i have a problem with it. like 90-95% of my hits are glancing hits with the chainsaw.
I have no idea why, the Weapon is QS10 and i am only in the first desert area with mobs way below QS10.

pixelat3d

Not sure if anyone is still playing this, but i'm going to try and hodgepodge together a group for the new raid, so i figured i'd post here as well as reddit and see what we can scrape together.

(reddit link for people who would prefer to organize themselves there):
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheSecretWo...e_interested_in_creating_a_group_for_the_new/

Players should have at least 10.1 QL gear, and be able to use mumble. Just reply with your role and in-game name and what day/time works best for you and we'll see if we can organize something. Or hit me up in game, i'll be on Pizzy

Top Bottom