• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

thundr51

As far as crafting, when you disassemble stuff at your level it becomes "basic" whatever. Put a stack of 5 basic in the main crafting grid and it'll upgrade them to imperfect.

Mobility training is back in your starting hub. If you're a Templar it's in the big building where you did your initial weapon training. You're looking for a merchant called something like "Mobility Trainer." To get your tier you'll need around 100k. If you're short let me know and I may be able to toss you some cash.

As far as the zombies, most of the hook is in the story of the game so make sure you watch all the cutscenes and talk to everyone. Beyond that, I assume you've been taking the main and side quests and not just doing the story quests? By now you probably should have fought the Draug and possible one or two other mob types along with 3 or 4 types of zombies if you were on as long as it sounds.

My play time is kinda sporadic, but feel free to friend Ezekiah, my main and an Illluminati, and S-Tone, my Templar.

Stumbled over the materials thing by mistake. I have about 70k so I guess its time to do some grinding. One thing I do like about this game is the fact that I feel like I don't need to have a party to finish quests...at least so far...

vaelic

Banned
wth.....

Ihine_picture013.jpg

Nice, gonna skim over their TSW Archives through the day. Signed up for the 3 day trial--now that I've gotten a weekend out of it, plus this 3 day trial (hopefully 5 day, if I complete enough missions!), I think I'm ready to put down the $50 for it.

derFeef

Gamescom presentation P1/2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTtTGhw5YU

edit: oooohhh that Orochi stuff in Tokyo looks super sweet.

edit2: rocket launcher looks badass. Really nice touch that you just can't buy it, but you have to earn it and you can upgrade it.

Raids will have 10 players. I like that!
demo begins here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJXdzbHilU#t=108s
Woah it looks fantastic.

2c1e67ac.gif

edit3 with echo of no one caring:

8feb903d.jpg
d64dadc5.jpg
ee4610a8.jpg

b11461d6.gif

8e43747c.gif

1325ac31.gif

The rocket jump should be higher ;)

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Finally bought and started yesterday. Having problems with talismans and weapons not disassembling. I read that this is a bug that seems to plague lower Q equipment. (?)
Anyway this bug is making me not want to play for the time being.

The writing and story for this game is really good though.

I'm not that interested in the Rocket Launcher but I am excited about auxiliary weapons in general and can't wait for the Chainsaw.

The raid looks amazing! Was that only the first boss they showed? I hope they automate the LFG tool more and add the raid to it, because I have my doubts about being able to get 10 gaffers together. >_<

Finally bought and started yesterday. Having problems with talismans and weapons not disassembling. I read that this is a bug that seems to plague lower Q equipment. (?)

Occasionally it would get bugged out for me and I would have to remove and replace the item into the assembly window to get it to work. Other than that, I haven't really had any problems with it and I do a tons of disassembling/crafting.

derFeef

I never had problems with disassembling itself. Maybe you try to disassemble the starting weapons or something?

I'm not that interested in the Rocket Launcher but I am excited about auxiliary weapons in general and can't wait for the Chainsaw.

The raid looks amazing! Was that only the first boss they showed? I hope they automate the LFG tool more and add the raid to it, because I have my doubts about being able to get 10 gaffers together. >_<

Well we can't even get 5 people together :(
GW2 is around the corner and I fear we lose even more.

edit:
One thought about the Raid. I doubt it's the first encounter, maybe it's just the first glance at the boss. I am sure we are going to fight those spiders and flying things.
Having only one encounter and this long walk before would be a bit weird.

thundr51

I've been having this problem as well. I thought it was just me. I bought a gun from the 'occult weapons dealer' in London just to disassemble and it wouldn't let me, never even equipped it. I also have a pair of hand guns and a bunch of old talismans, etc that I just finished using and I couldn't disassemble them as well. Should I have been able to disassemble that stuff? Is there anything you can't disassemble? I desperately need to clean my inventory.

derFeef

Yeah you guys are trying to disassemble weapons that just can't be disassembled :)
You can't buy a weapon from a vendor and then get materials out of it.

I've been having this problem as well. I thought it was just me. I bought a gun from the 'occult weapons dealer' in London just to disassemble and it wouldn't let me, never even equipped it. I also have a pair of hand guns and a bunch of old talismans, etc that I just finished using and I couldn't disassemble them as well. Should I have been able to disassemble that stuff? Is there anything you can't disassemble? I desperately need to clean my inventory.

There is a bank in London where you can store your items if you need to clean up your inventory. You can also purchase more inventory (and bank) space with in-game currency.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you guys are trying to disassemble weapons that just can't be disassembled :)
You can't buy a weapon from a vendor and then get materials out of it.

Hmm...I have this problem with equipment dropped from quests or mobs too.

derFeef

AWww, but understandable :(

As you may know, this week has been a challenging one for everyone at Funcom. We initiated a process of reducing costs after the launch of The Secret World and this has naturally affected the production schedule as we work on readjusting the team and our internal development processes. As such, we have had to give ourselves a little more time to wrap up Issue #2 and the new release date for this update is September 11th, 2012.

We appreciate your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are definitely eager to get this update out the door so that you guys can finally get your hands on that awesome rocket launcher! We will also continue to push out regular content like announced before. This small delay is merely due to the re-organization and assessment of processes that has been initiated. We are working hard to get back on track as soon as possible.
http://thesecretworld.com/news/issue_2_release_date

dubq

Was just coming here to post that! :p

My new PC just came into the office today! Can't wait to get 'er home and start re-downloading TSW (among other games).

xeris

Bummed about the Issue 2 delay, but that's okay since I haven't had time to play anyway! Moving and such! :(

I've been too busy to be on much lately myself and I'm going out of town for 4 or 5 days centered around next weekend so while I don't like that they're moving it back I wouldn't have gotten to it anyway till then.

Bummer, but makes sense. I feel really bad because I haven't played in two days as I just finished Sleeping Dogs (though have one more trophy to get), started PC Dark Souls, and currently playing Way of the Samurai 4. I got a friend from work hooked on the game so I did a few missions with him the other night. Hoping to see some Templar GAF on next time, I haven't seen anyone at all in a week or so.

This will be the game I play on downtime, transitional phases, and when I'm feeling a true spirit of the occult and Lovecraft. So I shouldn't feel bad.

derFeef

I had 2 day no-PC vacation, was pretty good :)
Maybe I'll wait for Issue 2 to hit, with the Lifetime I have no time presure at all.

thundr51

Hoping to see some Templar GAF on next time, I haven't seen anyone at all in a week or so.

When have you been on? I've been playing this game like crazy sine I got it last weekend.

Just curious, where can I get some Templar gear? I've been running around in the same rags for some time now and its getting pretty old.

Btw, I've been adding to the cabal storage, finding plenty of stuff I can't use, maybe some of you can...or at least of some use to noobs. I got a bunch of gl4 glyphs if anybody wants them.

When have you been on? I've been playing this game like crazy sine I got it last weekend.

Just curious, where can I get some Templar gear? I've been running around in the same rags for some time now and its getting pretty old.

Btw, I've been adding to the cabal storage, finding plenty of stuff I can't use, maybe some of you can...or at least of some use to noobs. I got a bunch of gl4 glyphs if anybody wants them.

Im usually on in the later hours, 10PM Eastern and later. Do you mean official Templar faction gear? You should get some stuff as you rank up in the faction. Check the Multi section in your dressing room. Or go buy some clothes in London :p

Deepo

Hello GAF!

I've been playing this game now and then since launch, but have mostly been waiting for some performance increases to the engine and some bug hunting from Funcom before I jump in fully. It feels like it runs well enough now, so I'm thinking I'll fire it up and try to get somewhere.

I'm playing a Illuminati on Arcadia currently, but I was hoping to join the GAF cabal, and I notice most of the Europeans seems to be Templar. So I'm considering just starting from scratch again.

Edit: I added my character to the spreadsheet. Hoping for a Cabal invite and to see some of you in-game!

derFeef

That's a shame. Maybe F2P is really the right way to do, even if that means that I was wrong that they would never go F2P. But then people kept constantly suggesting that with a lot of snark...

derFeef

I don&#8217;t think they are going for TLJ, more like iOS/Android/Facebook games.

A thing they have no experience in? Well they did the TSW facebook game, but still.
Ragnar was quasi teasing TLJ Kickstarter on twitter last week with tons of retweets regarding adventure game Kickstarter projects etc.

I hope they don't go that direction, they have much more to offer imho.

Funcom probably projected around a million sales based on Age of Conan's launch, and with a purported 50 million dollar budget for Secret World, it seems like they missed their sales mark by quite a bit. With only 200,000 copies of the game sold, along with about 2 months of subscription fees and supplemental store sales, they are probably only about half way to recouping those costs, especially once you take into account all those hidden fees like the cost of distribution, publishing, data centers, continued development, customer support, etc.

Selling 200,000 copies of game would indicate a success in most cases but with the amount of time and money spent on this game, Funcom may be in trouble.

That's a shame. Maybe F2P is really the right way to do, even if that means that I was wrong that they would never go F2P. But then people kept constantly suggesting that with a lot of snark...

I think B2P will be the future for polished AAA MMO titles and largely in part to Guild Wars 2's success. They pre-sold over 1 million copies on the publisher's online store alone and are on track to probably sell around 3-4 million before the end of the year. Having played the game the entire weekend, I can't see how any future MMO can ask for any kind of subscription after this, without at least being leagues ahead of Guild Wars 2, which is going to be a difficult challenge in of itself, because the game is fantastic. I almost feel guilty not paying a subscription for it.

A down economy and increased energy costs in many areas, especially in the US, along with increased competition, not only in the MMO market but in the games and entertainment industry in general, is probably changing perceptions about what is acceptable to continue paying for.

I think The Secret World has a chance to reposiition itself in the market if it were to reconsider converting to a B2P or F2P model. They already have the infrastructure built into the game. I think with a lower boxed price, more additions to the item store, and all the new content coming with the raid in October and new zones in early 2013, it would be a good time to relaunch the game with a new payment model, especially while it is still early in the title's life cycle. The challenge would be dealing with current subscribing customers and lifetime subscription owners as well as the perception of changing their payment model which many people view as failure.

derFeef

It won't be easy. If they make the switch a lot are going to call fail and some might even jump ship. Staying with sub can maintain a small userbase but that might not be enough to have the constant content packages. I have no idea how they are going to manage all this with only 50% of their staff :/

Carcetti

Well, whatever they do, I'm wishing them luck. People clamored for a different, challenging hardcore MMO and got it together with excellent writing and unique quests. Of course doing what people want seems to be a kiss of death.

derFeef

Goddamn I love those. Nassir cracked me up really good indeed.

Well, whatever they do, I'm wishing them luck. People clamored for a different, challenging hardcore MMO and got it together with excellent writing and unique quests. Of course doing what people want seems to be a kiss of death.

The industry is not fair, sadly.

I think I may have jumped to conclusions on what this all means for TSW specifically. I don't regret my purchase or subscription at all, and am excited for the future of the game. I just hope they can bring in some new people.

Sad business.

However, I must say, I'm currently waiting for my Galaxy GTX 670 arriving tomorrow. I'm particularly excited to see how TSW looks/runs with max everything :)

thundr51

Couple of questions.
My weapon ql is 7-8; is there a particular area I should be in to find weapons? Currently I'm in the blue mountain region.

Any tips on pvp, thinking about giving it a shot for some leveling but im only ql5.

Who do I need to talk to to get things out of the cabal bank? I added a toolkit by mistake and it won't let me remove it. Also there is a lvl6 talisman in there I could use...if its still available &#55357;&#56842;

derFeef

QL 7 - 8 drops should be Egypt.
Just join the Fusang for PVP, it will boost your stats if you are too low, plus you can choose the armor type on the map screen to get more HP, heal, dps etc.

derFeef

I liked the bit about gaining Vampiric abilities from unlocking the achievement related to killing vampires. That sounds interesting.

I'm pretty excited about the Halloween event. Should be good stuff.

Yeah, curious what that is exactly. Have you two moved on? I read you heavily enjoy GW2 so I fear I have lost the last supporting man here :(

Yeah, curious what that is exactly. Have you two moved on? I read you heavily enjoy GW2 so I fear I have lost the last supporting man here :(

We will be playing Secret World pretty casually from here on out. I don't see much reason to continue logging in regularly once we complete the story content, but hopefully we will be back time-to-time for the monthly updates and events. I would love to do the raid but not sure we will ever find a group for it, and definitely not looking forward to grinding Nightmares with PUGs for 10.4 gear. The Cabal has been pretty lonely.

Carcetti

I seem to be never on at the same time as anyone else. It's hard for me to also just 'hop in' to check out if anyone's online as the initial load time for the game feels like a year.

Top Bottom