• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

Carcetti

Just came back and tried to get the chainsaw but... I think my quest bugged. I can't talk to the doc to give him the meat. Anyone have this problem or solved it?

SRTtoZ

Welp just bought. I was debating between GW2 and this but for 15 bucks I figure'd i just buy both! Downloading now. Anyone know the most populated server?

syko de4d

Videochat Interview with Funcom Game Director Joel on mmorpg.com! (Plus some info on Issue #6!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8FIWa7dH4Ds

is one hour long, is not only TSW. Is about all important tsw news this week, like the Ashrons Call 2 rebirth oO ^^

And they talked a little bit about the Lego MMO. Still no Info how it would be but you all remember the layoffs at Funcom some weeks after tsw? 95% are back again in oslo for Lego MMO ;)

hamchan

Made a character, joined Dragon. Don't really know what Dragon's goals are other than some weird nonsense about true order underlying chaos or something. They are Asian though and there was a hot woman that invited me to her bedroom, so I support this faction!

Just added myself to the spreadsheet.

Liking the game, just trying to find a control setup I like. Feels awkward right now, but its been quite awhile since Ive played a game like this. I'd like an invite to the GAF Cabal. Illuminati, name is DiscoCat

noonche

Well this game makes a terrible first impression. My first character had invisible arms when I got into the game so I had to remake her. Now, I started the first mission (for the templars), had to quit part-way through, and now when I come back to it, it starts me over at the beginning, but I can't make any progress since it says I already have the mission. What. The. Hell.

Miletius

Thinking about jumping in again. Never did play Roadstar all that much. Probably gonna remake a char, either Dragon or Illuminati.

Started last weekend, pretty fun I'm on quest # No Idea so many in Kingsmouth though a popup came and told me to try some dungeon...Like it so far started fist/ar but switched to Fist/Blood to complete the starter deck (Illuminati). Meant to go tank but I forgot what did what so when I got the fist ended up going healing. Have to play around more though since right now the skills are terrible at healing basically just dps with a weak shield that heals.

derFeef

TSW_Issue5_cover.jpg

The End Of Days information. Sweet :)
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/blog_the_end_of_days

Amneisac

I have a key for sale (sorry, can't give it away, need the money!), but I bought it for a friend during the $15 Amazon sale so that's what I'll sell it for. First person to send me a PM gets first crack at it.

Key for sale if anyone wants it - just asking for $15 PayPal.

Dunlop

Is it going to transition to where it will be obvious that I need to leave Kingsmouth?

Just got the 30 quest pop-up to try the dungeon and seem to be running out of quests

derFeef

Is it going to transition to where it will be obvious that I need to leave Kingsmouth?

Just got the 30 quest pop-up to try the dungeon and seem to be running out of quests

Just try it out, you can always walk into the other areas. If nothing else, the main story missions should lead you out of Kingsmouth, but that's often too early since people tend to do all of them first instead of mix it up with sidemission. On what tier is your main mission?

Xyber

I was thinking of buying this, but I would like to know if the code from Amazon.com will work on my European account? I have $10 in gift cards on my account so it would be pretty cheap for me (missed on on the sale by just a few hours..).

syko de4d

Example of TSW awesomeness:

Tyler Freeborn = The New NPC in Issue 5, a Blogger who mysteriously disappeared.

This is his real Blog
http://www.monstersofmaine.blogspot.ca/

His last Entry in 2010, before he disappeared

For those who don't believe me. For those who laugh at me... I have the evidence. And I will put it right here, where the world can see and judge for itself.

Soon.
There are dozen of comments, some of these people has there own BLogs like:
http://heartsoffour.blogspot.de/?zx=b7985c902c9e45a3 (one of his Entrys has a commant from a ficitional FBI Agent, lol)
This Blog is about a Girl, murdered in Kingsmouth 2010, only 3 days before the last entry of Tyler Freeborn in his blog.
The murdered Girl has her own Twitter and Blog
http://harleyquin-haley.blogspot.de/?zx=e642dfd0a668f3ad
https://twitter.com/Hah_hah_haley

This is just.... amazing, stuff that maybe only 100-500people will see but they just do it for the awesomness :)

confuziz

Banned
Saw this on Steam (because of the f2p). I'm into MMO's but I don't know anything about this.

So to put it short, I like FPS and i like MMO's, is this something for me? How popular is it, compared to Gw2?

derFeef

Restarting the launcher fixed it for me.

GAF chat channel:
#SecretGAF

Type in /chat join SecretGAF

Note that you have to add the channel to the window once you opened it (small plus sign).

To join/add channel automatically:

- Go into your "The Secret World" folder.
- Go into or create a "Scripts" folder.
- Create two files in there named "auto_teleport" and "auto_login" without any extention.
- in both files add two lines:
Code:
delay 5000
/chat join SecretGAF
- Launch game!

docbon

GAF chat channel:
#SecretGAF

Note that you have to add the channel to the window once you opened it (small plus sign).

- Create two files in there named "auto_teleport" and "auto_login" without any extention.
Code:
delay 5000
/chat join SecretGAF
- Launch game!

Noice. Just need people to populate it now.

Lucifon

GAF chat channel:
#SecretGAF

Code:
delay 5000
/chat join SecretGAF
- Launch game!

Done :)

Xyber

I was thinking of buying this, but I would like to know if the code from Amazon.com will work on my European account? I have $10 in gift cards on my account so it would be pretty cheap for me (missed out on the sale by just a few hours..).

Anyone? :(

Dunlop

Healed Polaris today was pretty fun. We wiped a few times on last boss learning phase 2 but other than that was pretty straight forward.

What heal spec are you using?

I was leveling as blades/pistol and then followed a guide for pistol/blood but it was painful

I was able to heal Polaris barely but I had no aoe heals and had to click spam my spells more than any MMO I have ever seen

Not really so fun...

What heal spec are you using?

I was leveling as blades/pistol and then followed a guide for pistol/blood but it was painful

I was able to heal Polaris barely but I had no aoe heals and had to click spam my spells more than any MMO I have ever seen

Not really so fun...

Running as Fist/Pistol at the moment though I've changed like 3 times already >_>;.

I ran the whole thing with just Nurture (healed ~80 + 13/s for 10 sec Hot) and surgical steel which is a resource consumer that would heal around 240-300.

No AoE heals, just threw hots around and spammed the tank.

derFeef

I guess Blood/AR or Blood/Fist is the best healing combo.
And remember to put on some healing talismans to be really good at healing.

Considering giving Hell Rising a shot today since I'm almost done with Savage Coast (Did the hotel, story quest, lighthouse, John Wolf, Academy, Amusement Park) and finishing off the Red Dale hub. But everything says you should be QL5 and most of my talismans are still QL4 do you think it will matter? (I have tokens to buy either 2 minor or 1 major from the vendor)

Update: Ran it fine, no idea what was going on for some of the fights though heh

Coverly

So this game is totally amazing. Picked it up when it went B2P and have steadily played here and there. I picked up AR so I could go healer, but I've only grouped once and I really don't know how to heal with that rifle. I also don't know where to get better weapons in the first town starting area (the one with the fog). I've just been wearing quest rewards and a good weapon drop.
Still, I'm really liking the game a lot. I've been doing a character that doesn't run unless she needs to and it's slow but fun. You get more time to take in the atmosphere and I'm not really in a rush to level up or leave the area.
One thing that I'm really loving about the game is the quest variety and what happens during quests, many of them are really amusing. And the ones labeled really hard are actually really hard lol (died a lot to them). So far my favorite quests have been the one where you track the octopus boxes to the river to a lol-finale and this one, where the whole song playing while you got there made everything very cool.
I think my only real question for now is how do I drop a quest? I have this mayan quest that says to learn more about the morninglight but I think it might be too hard for me at this low level. I would like to free up that slot for a different quest. Unless learning about the morninglight is manageable. How long is that quest?

So this game is totally amazing. Picked it up when it went B2P and have steadily played here and there. I picked up AR so I could go healer, but I've only grouped once and I really don't know how to heal with that rifle. I also don't know where to get better weapons in the first town starting area (the one with the fog). I've just been wearing quest rewards and a good weapon drop.
Still, I'm really liking the game a lot. I've been doing a character that doesn't run unless she needs to and it's slow but fun. You get more time to take in the atmosphere and I'm not really in a rush to level up or leave the area.
One thing that I'm really loving about the game is the quest variety and what happens during quests, many of them are really amusing. And the ones labeled really hard are actually really hard lol (died a lot to them). So far my favorite quests have been the one where you track the octopus boxes to the river to a lol-finale and this one, where the whole song playing while you got there made everything very cool.
I think my only real question for now is how do I drop a quest? I have this mayan quest that says to learn more about the morninglight but I think it might be too hard for me at this low level. I would like to free up that slot for a different quest. Unless learning about the morninglight is manageable. How long is that quest?

You can buy basic weapons from a vendor or pick them up as quest rewards, are you using two weapons or only one?

AR heals by leeching as you do dmg, you just select your groupmate you want to heal as the defensive target, but I think you need to buff it quite a bit by grabbing a lot of the leech/dmg passives and split the gear between attack rating and heal rating. Not sure how viable solo AR healing is early on, from the forums it seems to be what people like endgame though so you can add to the dps.

You can't drop quests, if you were to pick up another of the same type you can "pause" a quest and to start it again you need to go to originator.

If it is the morning light one after stopping in Egypt for a hot second, they have booths in the main towns (Seoul, London, NY) that you just pick up a manual from. You might be able to do it from the Morninglight camp in NW Kingsmouth.

Coverly

You can buy basic weapons from a vendor or pick them up as quest rewards, are you using two weapons or only one?

Just one. What do you recommend for the starting area? Right now I'm just soloing but I want to be healing oriented for when I finally do group.

AR heals by leeching as you do dmg, you just select your groupmate you want to heal as the defensive target, but I think you need to buff it quite a bit by grabbing a lot of the leech/dmg passives and split the gear between attack rating and heal rating. Not sure how viable solo AR healing is early on, from the forums it seems to be what people like endgame though so you can add to the dps.

Right now my healing leech is really puny, I guess it ramps up later because right now I can barely keep myself alive.

If it is the morning light one after stopping in Egypt for a hot second, they have booths in the main towns (Seoul, London, NY) that you just pick up a manual from. You might be able to do it from the Morninglight camp in NW Kingsmouth.

ah. Ok i'll check that out. I did find that camp in kingsmouth but I didn't look for a manual. I'll give it a second look, thanks. Where is the morninglight in london just in case?

Just one. What do you recommend for the starting area? Right now I'm just soloing but I want to be healing oriented for when I finally do group.

Right now my healing leech is really puny, I guess it ramps up later because right now I can barely keep myself alive.

ah. Ok i'll check that out. I did find that camp in kingsmouth but I didn't look for a manual. I'll give it a second look, thanks. Where is the morninglight in london just in case?

If you want to stick with AR as main heal, maybe blood? I'm still pretty new myself to the game. My understanding is the 3 main "heal" wpns are fists, AR, and Blood magic.

Fists is most traditional healing, hots or direct healing (I run fists for my character who ended up a healer)

AR is the dps/leech healing more dmg = more healing!

Blood is mitigation via barriers and heals surrounding them (heals on placement, break, etc).

Later on I think most people use 1 heal and 1 support but given the gear dependency of AR healing (from what I gather) you probably want to go two heal wpns first then switch to AR/support later.
-----------
Don't remember really where the booth is in London I think near the central park. I know in NY it is in the park near the warehouse/agartha entrance though.

derFeef

There are those white Venice guys in every location where you can exchange your mission tokens with new weapons and glyphs. There is one right outside of the sherrif station in Kingsmouth, just check the map. Also be sure to equip healing Talismans if you want to be a good healer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have a key for sale (sorry, can't give it away, need the money!), but I bought it for a friend during the $15 Amazon sale so that's what I'll sell it for. First person to send me a PM gets first crack at it.

Key for sale if anyone wants it - just asking for $15 PayPal.

Is that $15 key still available, perchance?

This event is awful, did they turn it off or change it yet? In the middle of fighting some mobs and be down to like a quarter life to have some mayan zombie fucker pop out of the ground to attack and kill me. If I go through this garbage and finish the event or whatever, do they stop coming out?

This is an awful idea for an event for new players to deal with who are just trying to quest and a yellow enemy randomly attacks you in the middle of your quests

Eugh, does anyone have experience with the "Authentication failure. Please not that passwords are case sensitive"-error?
Can't login (and I've made sure I got the right username and password), and after a quick google it seems it's related to people upgrading previous trial accounts or something.

Top Bottom