• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Which countries have gotten really pissed off by the SImpsons?

Brazil I know.

Brazil was mad because of that episode where the child was missing and Homer was kidnapped?

Also, was that a reference to Australia's Cane Toad problem?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The HD episodes just don't do it for me. I think that's where my viewing will stop.

UberTag

Brick Like Me is pretty deep into the HD era so they started becoming unfunny before that. They had been HD for years before that episode.
And they had become unfunny long before they went HD.
(Brick Like Me is pretty great, though.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The HD era started halfway through Season 20.

Holy shit it's been that long.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
IMO the unfunnyness started right after The Simpsons Movie.

vypek

And they had become unfunny long before they went HD.
(Brick Like Me is pretty great, though.)

Agree wholeheartedly. I can actually handle the unfunny SD episodes better though. The visual style is just more appealing to me. Brick Like Me definitely turned out better than I had expected it to

vypek

Random thing/thought: when I was a kid, to differentiate Patty and Selma I went by their hair either being a whole "puff" or having a "split"

Holy shit at the Bart scenes. I thought I was remembering wrong with Bart showing a giant ass in the town hall and they never showed it again. Thank you FXX.

Haha, McBain Let's Get Silly always gets me.

"Here's my Woody Allen impression. I'm a neurotic nerd that likes to sleep with little girls."

"Hey, that really sucked!"

Throws grenade and you still thick framed glasses shot on-screen, lol.

mozfan12

Banned
Man I really wanted to get some heavy gaming done this long weekend but I've spent all my free time watching the Simpsons.

The future eps always make me think about some alternate universe where The Simpsons had more continuity and the characters actually grew up.

vypek

The future eps always make me think about some alternate universe where The Simpsons had more continuity and the characters actually grew up.

More future episodes have a continuity. With Bart marrying Jenda and having kids and divorcing and Lisa having a child with Milhouse but keeping in contact with Nelson. The stories for those versions of them span a couple episodes or more I believe.

Cannot wait for the song on this. Burns actually has some good outfits and the lyrics from that random woman who works for Burns always stuck with me

This phrase stays as true now as it did then!
Yep :)

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
They're really pushing the AC movie during the marathon.

Yeah, I would hope for a future ep near the end of the show's run where it remains present day, but the characters are at their "correct" age vis-a-vis their birthdates. Not likely, but it'd keep the episode focused on character-based jokes instead of Futurama business.

Akim

Banned
BscU4m2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom