• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So I was out but DVRed some of the memorable eps.

Homer Badman...how the fuck has that ep become more reverent?

Sideshow Bob Roberts was even more on the nose. There were some lines out of there that could describe this last election to a scarily accurate point.

tumblr_mczjzjgpYW1qg52ruo3_r1_500.png

I noticed there's this trend of everyone never speaking about the episode's events again or doing something "so this never happens again."

Remind me when did the episode about the real Principal Skinner air?

mreddie

"Let me get this straight, you took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it against the Harlem Globetrotters?"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I noticed there's this trend of everyone never speaking about the episode's events again or doing something "so this never happens again."

Remind me when did the episode about the real Principal Skinner air?

Season 9.
It airs Monday at 5:30 EST, 4:30 CST

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow. I never knew there was a theory about that.

I think it was more that an early plan for the series (back in the Ullman shorts) was that Homer was Krusty, and that Bart hated Homer but loved Krusty. Creating an odd dynamic like that. Of course, this didn't pan out.

Just like Marge secretly being a rabbit.

vypek

I think it was more that an early plan for the series (back in the Ullman shorts) was that Homer was Krusty, and that Bart hated Homer but loved Krusty. Creating an odd dynamic like that. Of course, this didn't pan out.

Just like Marge secretly being a rabbit.

Comes from the same place that theorized Marge was really one of Matt Groening's rabbit characters from Life in Hell and her ears were hidden by her hair.

My mind is blown right now. Had no idea about this. Thanks for that comic strip as well. And I'm glad that dynamic didn't pan out.

I wish they would stop playing that salt clip for the promo. It's a terrible joke.

Yeah. There are sooooo many better scenes to choose from.

DJ88

My mind is blown right now. Had no idea about this. Thanks for that comic strip as well. And I'm glad that dynamic didn't pan out.

Same here, holy shit.

I'd love to know if there were any more theories or connections similar to those.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This has to be one of the more unflattering portrayals of another country/people in the entire Simpsons line up. In the best way possible of course but damn they don't ever really lay off Australia the entire episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom