• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Itchy and Scratchy Land on the West Coast. One of the best episodes of the entire series.

Hey look, another west coaster (seriously we're prob the only ones in here)! One of my favorites as well, took awhile before I understood the Westworld homage.

I wanted this place to be real so bad, just ya know without the killer robots :p

giphy.gif

UberTag

People will. I'm sure they have has several written letters thinking about the children as well.
There's a solution that pleases everyone. Run the old-school episodes without being cropped in their original 4:3 ratio and then sell ad space for where the black bars would normally reside so ads can run while episodes air.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit! Enjoy your death trap ladies!"

Guy Incognito

vypek

Family guy has stolen so many of these jokes.

I wonder if the scene with Marge having trouble getting into the bathtub was what inspired something similar in Family Guy.

The joke that always sticks out to me though is from Two Dozen and One Greyhounds where the puppies are stealing Homer's food before he can eat it. Same thing happens with Peter when birds are in his beard.

B.K.

Family guy has stolen so many of these jokes.

Animation is built on plagiarism. If it weren't for someone plagiarizing the Honeymooners we wouldn't have the Flintstones. If someone hadn't ripped off Sergeant Bilko, there'd be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound, Chief Wiggum, Yogi Bear? Hah! Andy Griffith, Edward G. Robinson, Art Carney. Your honor, you take away our right to steal ideas, where are they gonna come from?

vypek

Animation is built on plagiarism. If it weren't for someone plagiarizing the Honeymooners we wouldn't have the Flintstones. If someone hadn't ripped off Sergeant Bilko, there'd be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound, Chief Wiggum, Yogi Bear? Hah! Andy Griffith, Edward G. Robinson, Art Carney. Your honor, you take away our right to steal ideas, where are they gonna come from?

Partially relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8AYjK7ldmc

Ecotic

I remember in high school we watched a propaganda film about eggs in home economics class, it made me think they were so healthy.

vypek

Lemon of Troy at 3AM? Gonna miss that but Fish Called Selma, 22 short films and you only move twice are tomorrow as well and 2 dozen and 1 greyhounds is at 1AM and lisa's wedding is coming up

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Homer: Guys, can I join?

Number 1: No Homers

Other Homer: Heyuk yuk.

Homer: 😔

Hilarious.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I forgot we get a quick cameo shot of the French guy who almost seduced Marge from the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom