• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Not for a looooong time. Though the third Treehouse of Horror seemed to imply with the line "there goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality". But being Treehouse of Horror, it was non-canon.

Wow so all the way in season 4 and not even canon. Interesting.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One of my favorite details in the first ToH is James Earl Jones having a role in every short. Going from a small cameo as the mover, to a slightly bigger role as Serak the Preparer, and finally as the narrator of the Raven.

"Do you get HBO?" "No that would cost extra" Haha

PR_rambo

Banned
1223462.gif

Fairly certain they did not time shift the marathon two years ago. Hence it has led to some confusion.
Sucks for the West coast crowd to be left watching an echo.

:/ yeah, I'm way behind everyone it seems like. At least I was able to catch it from the beginning because of the time.

These seasons are timeless. I literally just heard a story today about Aretha Franklin dragging the national anthem out like Bleeding Gums did in that gag.

UberTag

The one thing that always stands out to me when re-watching Season 2 is the caliber of voice acting. Between Bart Gets an "F", Bart vs. Thanksgiving, One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish and Lisa's Substitute this cast is acting their asses off.

I've gone so far as to simply listen to some of these episodes that I've watched over a dozen times without the visuals just to focus on the quality of dialogue. It's scary good.

The comedy gets better in later Classic era seasons as the show finds its form but I'm not sure the acting standard set here has ever been matched in the 26 years that followed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Remember that falling scene being longer on Bart the Daredevil

You're probably thinking of the version shown in the first clip show episode. They added an additional scene which shows Homer falling after the ambulance crash.

Akim

Banned
God I love this show. Such a bummer to me that none of my friends or family like it. No one gets my references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom