• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons - Season 27 |OT| - Sundays at 8 on FOX | Pre-Show Marathons at 4 on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Yeah, there's an undeniable resemblance to Zia's look.
Although, Lisa's overdoing it with the eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara in this ep.

If they hook up Milhouse with Lisa they really should try to show the audience what sees in him. If they don't it just comes off as a lazy "here are two characters that have interacted romantically before" pairing. It'd be like marrying off the lovejoy daughter and Bart.

UberTag

Looks like we dodged a bullet. No Gamergate controversy here... Conrad was a legitimately sentient AI.

That said, this was pretty subpar for a Selman episode. I can only take so many unfunny Greek references and lame dance sequences.
On the bright side, most of the online/coding gags hit the mark. Loved the "that's still too much jail for Carl" line.

Tapejara

Yeah, the Greek subplot was mostly filler, but the tech jokes were great and I liked the Silicon Valley reference. Solid episode.

UberTag

So there's a new episode airing tomorrow. We've already likely seen the best thing from it (this week's couch gag) and the Golden Globes are on so I highly encourage you to watch those instead.

But, in case you want to PVR this or something, here you go...

TEENAGE MUTANT MILK-CAUSED HURDLES - Sunday, January 10th | Episode Production Code = VABF04 / Writer = Joel H. Cohen

BART IS HOT FOR TEACHER

FOX Promo - The New Teacher
Couch Gag - Retro 1980s Moonbeam City Parody
Clip #1 - Firm But Pretty
Clip #2 - A Lesson

Teenage_Mutant_Milk-Caused_Hurdles_promo_2.jpg
Teenage_Mutant_Milk-Caused_Hurdles_promo_1.jpg

Teenage_Mutant_Milk-Caused_Hurdles_promo_4.jpg
Teenage_Mutant_Milk-Caused_Hurdles_promo_5.jpg

Sofia Vergara ("Modern Family") Makes Guest-Voice Appearance

There's a new teacher (guest voice Sofia Vergara) at Springfield Elementary, and a captivated Bart tries everything to win her over. Meanwhile, Homer decides to buy a new brand of "milk," which causes early puberty, both for Bart (augmenting his wooing powers) and Lisa (whose small bout with acne opens her up to the world of makeup and popularity).

FXX Marathon Theme - Armin Tamzarian (3:00pm special start time)

Sweet%20Seymour%20Skinners%20Baadasssss%20Song.png
Barts%20Comet.jpg
Grade%20School%20Confidential.jpg
The%20Principal%20and%20the%20Pauper.png

tumblr_mzzga5Hgv11qh59n0o1_500.gif

3:00pm Principal Charming (S2E14 / 7F15 / 1991)
3:30pm Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song (S5E19 / 1F18 / 1994)
4:00pm The Boy Who Knew Too Much (S5E20 / 1F19 / 1994)
4:30pm Bart's Comet (S6E14 / 2F11 / 1995)
5:00pm Grade School Confidential (S8E19 / 4F09 / 1997)
5:30pm The Principal and the Pauper (S9E2 / 4F23 / 1997)
6:00pm Pranks and Greens (S21E6 / LABF18 / 2009)
6:30pm Yellow Subterfuge (S25E7 / SABF02 / 2013)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Early puberty? SOUTH PARK DID IT!

Joke aside, with this plot and all the "in the future" episodes, it really feels like the writers are desperate to change the status quo and age up everyone.

vypek

This is actually pretty good so far.

Yeah, not a bad episode. But its making me wonder, was there an official send off for Mrs K? I know Ned wore a black band to mourn her and they had a chalkboard for her but I can't remember if there was a story reason for her being gone.

UberTag

Yeah, not a bad episode. But its making me wonder, was there an official send off for Mrs K? I know Ned wore a black band to mourn her and they had a chalkboard for her but I can't remember if there was a story reason for her being gone.
Nope, that's all they did for her. Unless you count the time Ned stated that Homer killed Edna in Holidays of Future Passed before Marcia Wallace died.

vypek

Nope, that's all they did for her. Unless you count the time Ned stated that Homer killed Edna in Holidays of Future Passed before Marcia Wallace died.

Oh okay. I thought there may have been something else they did.

Also, the "Court date for Maggie" really got me this episode.

When that kid yelled "Is there a point to this?" to Lisa's speech, I laughed. That's the first time in months i've laughed at a new simpsons episode.

Tapejara

I didn't really care for the story this episode, but there were quite a few good jokes in there.

They did give a farewell in one episode's opening chalkboard scene, though I can't recall if that was for the character or Marcia Wallace.

Richie

Pretty fun episode, actually! I only watch like, 4 episodes per season at most, and decided to tune this just out of curiosity. I was rewarded with a half hour of nice jokes, several funny one-liners here and good pacing. The only misfired joke was Snake's skin carving (they should have left it at he picking the phone, laughed at that).

Is this the norm for the season? I may just watch more if so! Only have watched the canon Halloween episode, which was awesome, and the non-canon Halloween episode, which was anything but. Also watched Barthood which was a pleasant one.

Tapejara

Pretty fun episode, actually! I only watch like, 4 episodes per season at most, and decided to tune this just out of curiosity. I was rewarded with a half hour of nice jokes, several funny one-liners here and good pacing. The only misfired joke was Snake's skin carving (they should have left it at he picking the phone, laughed at that).

Is this the norm for the season? I may just watch more if so! Only have watched the canon Halloween episode, which was awesome, and the non-canon Halloween episode, which was anything but. Also watched Barthood which was a pleasant one.

Last week's episode (The Girl Code) was quite good, I recommend checking it out.

UberTag

I wasn't much of a fan of tonight's episode... although given the writer, the director and the premise it actually turned out much better than it had any right to. That's not saying I'd consider it good... but it could have been much worse.

I keep the OP current with my own personal episode rankings for the season so you can always refer to it if you're looking to seek out an episode or two you may have missed. Here's how I have them stacked up as of right now.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1. Halloween of Horror (S27E4 / TABF22) | Writer = Carolyn Omine | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
2. Barthood (S27E9 / VABF02) | Writer = Dan Greaney | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean

WORTH WATCHING

3. 'Paths of Glory (S27E8 / VABF01) | Writer = Michael Ferris | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
4. 'Cue Detective (S27E2 / TABF17) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Timothy Bailey | Showrunner = Matt Selman

FINE... BUT DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO WATCH THESE EPISODES

5. The Girl Code (S27E10 / VABF03) | Writer = Rob LaZebnik | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Matt Selman
6. Puffless (S27E3 / TABF19) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean

MEH

7. Every Man's Dream (S27E1 / TABF14) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
8. Friend with Benefit (S27E6 / TABF21) | Writer = Rob LaZebnik | Director = Matthew Faughnan | Showrunner = Al Jean

AVOID THESE LIKE THE PLAGUE

9. Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles (S27E11 / VABF04) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Timothy Bailey | Showrunner = Al Jean
10. Lisa with an 'S' (S27E7 / TABF20) | Writer = Stephanie Gillis | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean

MAY IT BE FOREVER DESTROYED ALONG WITH THE TALKING BAR RAG EPISODE

11. Treehouse of Horror XXVI (S27E5 / TABF18) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean

UberTag

We have yet another new January episode airing tomorrow prior to the annual Super Bowl sabbatical.

MUCH APU ABOUT SOMETHING - Sunday, January 17th | Episode Production Code = VABF05 / Writer = Michael Price

APU LOSES THE KWIK-E-MART TO HIS NEPHEW

Clip #1 - Don't Scrape Where You Eat
Clip #2 - Loosing Control
Clip #3 - Stereotype? Who's a Stereotype?

Much_Apu_About_Something_promo_2.jpg
Much_Apu_About_Something_promo_1.jpg

Much_Apu_About_Something_promo_4.jpg
Much_Apu_About_Something_promo_3.jpg

Utkarsh Ambudkar ("Pitch Perfect") Makes Guest-Voice Appearance

Sanjay passes his stake in the Kwik-E-Mart to his millennial son, Jay, who turns it into a hip, health food market against Apu’s insistence on tradition. Bart, whom Homer had convinced to give up pranking, is called upon to return to his trickster life and take down the new store.

FXX Marathon Theme - Nahasapeemapet-athon

tumblr_mzjzrrgvct1s1a2dlo1_540.png
tumblr_mzjzrrgvct1s1a2dlo2_540.png

tumblr_mzjzrrgvct1s1a2dlo3_540.png
tumblr_mzjzrrgvct1s1a2dlo4_540.png

tumblr_lifp0xNy0H1qh59n0o1_r4_500.gif
giphy.gif

4:00pm Lisa's Pony (S3E8 / 8F06 / 1991)
4:30pm The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons (S9E7 / 5F04 / 1997)
5:00pm Lisa the Simpson (S9E17 / 4F24 / 1998)
5:30pm Eight Misbehavin' (S11E7 / BABF03 / 1999)
6:00pm The Sweetest Apu (S13E19 / DABF14 / 2002)
6:30pm Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore (S17E17 / HABF10 / 2006)
7:00pm Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart (S23E15 / PABF09 / 2012)
7:30pm Covercraft (S26E8 / TABF02 / 2014)

UberTag

Uber, any thoughts on what we should expect?
Well, the promo clips this week come off really lazy. They've already given away 3:15 of a 21-minute episode before it even airs - and this is a Jean episode too, so I'm probably being generous with that 21-minute run time as we may have the full opening and a lengthy couch gag on top of that which could trim things down further.

The prevailing trend for episodes this production run (even the bad episodes) has been strong characterizations so I expect that to continue. I'm actually rather thankful for the effort they're putting in on that front even if the premises, narrative execution and jokes have been lacking. Voice direction seems to have been stepped up as well with only Harry's characters sounding off.

This week's episode is written by 'F Is for Family' co-creator Michael Price. His track record on the show has been rather inauspicious. His best episodes ('Tis the Fifteenth Season and Dangers on a Train) have merely been decent but they are narratively focused and aren't prone to padding and subplots that don't go anywhere so his strengths counter a lot of the weaknesses we've seen from the LaZebnik and Cohen episodes this month.

Given what's on tap ahead for the rest of Season 27, I'd argue this is the "safest" episode we're likely to see the rest of the way. Not expecting it to impress but it has a rather high floor. It'll be a Hank Azaria showcase... and Hank's a funny guy so I'm okay with that.

(We won't get the extra eyes that last week's episode had as FOX drew the early NFL slot tomorrow with the Seahawks-Panthers game so this episode won't benefit from the football lead-in that propped up the ratings for Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles. They really need to stop slotting subpar Cohen episodes into those coveted heightened audience spots. They present a golden opportunity with the mainstream crowd so they should be making more of an effort to get showcase episodes in there to make a solid impression on the casuals.)

Richie

Last week's episode (The Girl Code) was quite good, I recommend checking it out.

Appreciated!

I wasn't much of a fan of tonight's episode... although given the writer, the director and the premise it actually turned out much better than it had any right to. That's not saying I'd consider it good... but it could have been much worse.

I keep the OP current with my own personal episode rankings for the season so you can always refer to it if you're looking to seek out an episode or two you may have missed. Here's how I have them stacked up as of right now.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1. Halloween of Horror (S27E4 / TABF22) | Writer = Carolyn Omine | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
2. Barthood (S27E9 / VABF02) | Writer = Dan Greaney | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean

WORTH WATCHING

3. 'Paths of Glory (S27E8 / VABF01) | Writer = Michael Ferris | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
4. 'Cue Detective (S27E2 / TABF17) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Timothy Bailey | Showrunner = Matt Selman

FINE... BUT DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO WATCH THESE EPISODES

5. The Girl Code (S27E10 / VABF03) | Writer = Rob LaZebnik | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Matt Selman
6. Puffless (S27E3 / TABF19) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean

MEH

7. Every Man's Dream (S27E1 / TABF14) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
8. Friend with Benefit (S27E6 / TABF21) | Writer = Rob LaZebnik | Director = Matthew Faughnan | Showrunner = Al Jean

AVOID THESE LIKE THE PLAGUE

9. Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles (S27E11 / VABF04) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Timothy Bailey | Showrunner = Al Jean
10. Lisa with an 'S' (S27E7 / TABF20) | Writer = Stephanie Gillis | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean

MAY IT BE FOREVER DESTROYED ALONG WITH THE TALKING BAR RAG EPISODE

11. Treehouse of Horror XXVI (S27E5 / TABF18) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean

Tier two it is! Curious that we disagree so much with TMM-CH, given we agree on what are the best and worst of the season.

As for today's episode, eeeh, really expecting nothing from that premise, but could be a pleasant low key one, who knows?

What jumps at me is the glaring absence of "Homer and Apu" in that Apu-themed marathon. Or "Much Apu About Nothing", both of which actual Apu vehicles as opposed to "Lisa the Simpson".

Ahasverus

You know, I thought this season was going to be worse, it's been fine (not 21 tier tho) and the highs have been higher than years before. Could Al Jean go away, please, the show can still be good.

UberTag

Tier two it is! Curious that we disagree so much with TMM-CH, given we agree on what are the best and worst of the season.
That was a weird episode for me because they took the most absurd premise possible and played it relatively straight. The characterizations were decent (apart from Bart crushing on yet another older woman and thinking he could win her affection over Skinner) but both the plot and subplot didn't exactly go anywhere. Lisa's was largely fabricated in her own mind. A lot of the jokes were hit-and-miss. Sofia Vergara wasn't good. And the animation was subpar by Season 27 standards... both of the last two episodes had endless gags with both Homer and Bart sporting stupid looking facial hair as if it was the most hilarious thing ever.

The characterizations being solid was the real monkey wrench for me. Usually when everything goes off the deep end, those are the first thing to go but they've been consistently strong this last stretch which will make that episode more rewatchable than most.

UberTag

The voices on this ep are bad, Wiggum was bad, Krusty was bad, Apu was bad, Sanjay is wtf bad.
Always struck me as odd that the Simpsons never hired on a professional voice director like Andrea Romano. They always just have the writers play double-duty. Maybe it's due to the fact that the VAs make all the money and the last thing you want to do is cheese off someone that makes many times your salary but it does result in some episodes with patchy and inconsistent voicework.

I suspect audio engineer is the most thankless and trying job on the show. Nobody ever gives those guys credit and they're stuck cleaning up the mess.

Maengun1

I randomly watched this tonight. It was okay. I usually enjoy Apu/Kwik-E-Mart centric eps, I laughed at the Moe EZ Break mugs bit.

I really hate how far they go with overexplaining references now, seriously. Like they did Bart staring ahead and played the Clockwork Orange music....and it's an okay reference. Then he has to put on the eyelash thing to make it even more obvious for some reason. THEN Homer flat out says "this is from Clockwork Orange for anyone who still doesn't get it!" Ugh.

UberTag

I randomly watched this tonight. It was okay, I laughed at the Moe EZ Break mugs bit.

I really hate how far they go with overexplaining references now, seriously. Like they did Bart staring ahead and played the Clockwork Orange music....and it's an okay reference. Then he has to put on the eyelash thing to make it even more obvious for some reason. THEN Homer flat out says "this is from Clockwork Orange from anyone who still doesn't get it!" Ugh.
Overexplaining jokes is ALWAYS bad. It's NEVER good.
There needs to be someone in the writer's room who points out every instance of them doing that and braining them upside the head.
Unfortunately, that's not how things work under Al Jean's watch.
Instead they all laugh uproariously and pat each other on the back and then go off to dabble in their primary passion in life... speculation on box office grosses of major motion pictures.

Despite my negative candor, I rather enjoyed tonight's episode. Almost felt like Jean's intentional aping of a Selman-episode... right down to the non-existent couch gag.

I'm way behind on catching up, but I just had to drop in to layer in praise for Barthood. It's probably the first episode to illicit an emotional reaction from me on the level of Bart Gets an F, Lisa's Substitute, and Mother Simpson. Hell, I semi-teared up at the great reveal that Grandpa had passed, and the mural in Bart's shop. And I thought it was a great touch to elevate Bart's drawing ability found in his Graffiti, (and semi-touched on in Angry Dad) as what he was truly meant to do in his life.

I laughed real hard at Milhouse's "Is the cross not big enough?!". I did feel like Homer was painted in an overly thoughtless manner in regards to Bart having his emotional wants utterly ignored, but at the same time appreciated how they didn't tie up his relationship with him in a perfect little bow. Seeing the 'Simpson and Son' with Abe made it clear who turned out to be Bart's true male role model in the end. Overall the balance of humor and heart in this story puts it as one of the few episodes I place with the classics without question along with Halloween of Horror.

What a pleasant surprise this season has been so far. Even the stinkers get a decent chuckle from me. Looking forward to the remaining episodes.

UberTag

What a pleasant surprise this season has been so far. Even the stinkers get a decent chuckle from me. Looking forward to the remaining episodes.
The fact that we're just barely past the half-way point in this season and I already have 5 of the 12 episodes that aired in the "worth watching" section should speak volumes about how good of a season it's been.

Contrast that with the Season 26 thread where I had only 6 episodes in that group for the ENTIRE season. And only one strong recommendation among them whereas this season I already have two (Barthood and Halloween of Horror). I would contend that we've only gotten one episode that's been absolute garbage (THOH XXVI).

I've even gotten grief for not propping up other episodes. And we still have 10 episodes left to go. Season 27 is making quite the favorable impression.

UberTag

As today is Valentine's Day, I would highly encourage you to spend a romantic evening with your loved one and forego watching the Simpsons tonight.

Or you could always marathon The Walking Dead with your loved one and tune in for tonight's mid-season premiere.

Or you can seek out a classic Simpsons Valentine's themed episode like I Love Lisa.

However, if you're insistent on choo-choo-choosing to watch some new Simpsons this evening, there is an episode for you. I wouldn't bee your friend if I didn't temper your expectations in advance. John Frink boasts about as unremarkable streak for writing episodes as his namesake does for finding romance. Perhaps both those trends will change tonight.

So, in the interest of science, here is this week's episode preview...

LOVE IS IN THE N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4 - Sunday, February 14th | Episode Production Code = VABF07 / Writer = John Frink

PROFESSOR FRINK ATTEMPTS TO UNCOVER THE SECRET OF WOMEN

FOX Promo - Love is in the Air
Couch Gag
Clip #1 - Simpsons Valentine's
Clip #2 - High Up in the Sky
Clip #3 - Nostalgia

Love_Is_in_the_N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4_promo_4.jpg

Love_Is_in_the_N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4_promo_1.jpg
Love_Is_in_the_N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4_promo_3.jpg

Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.

FXX Marathon Theme - Moe'nly Hearts (3:00pm special start time)

tumblr_mjot9ae4TL1qh59n0o1_500.png

3:00pm Dumbbell Indemnity (S9E16 / 5F12 / 1998)
3:30pm I'm with Cupid (S10E14 / AABF11 / 1999)
4:00pm Mommie Beerest (S16E7 / GABF01 / 2005)
4:30pm The Seemingly Never-Ending Story (S17E13 / HABF06 / 2006)
5:00pm Eeny Teeny Maya Moe (S20E16 / LABF06 / 2009)
5:30pm Moe Letter Blues (S21E21 / MABF13 / 2010)
6:00pm My Fare Lady (S26E14 / TABF07 / 2015)
6:30pm The Princess Guide (S24E17 / TABF08 / 2015)

Joni

They seemed to have spent very little time in their a plot. The b plot looked like it had more air time.

Barrage

I've seen probably a handful of new Simpsons episodes in the last decade, but I enjoyed last night's episode. Focus on a less-covered characted like Frink can lead to a bunch of new options for stories. One line killed me (paraphrasing):

"Oh, Brandine. Of all the cousins I could have married...you were my sister."

UberTag

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by both plots last night... but some of the one-liners and jokes worked quite well. So it managed to surpass my meager expectations.

UberTag

My tendency to dial back expectations for episodes this season seems to be working out as we've had a pretty stellar run (by modern standards).

Tonight's episode - which seems by its premise to be a do-over of Season 13's The Lastest Gun in the West - has the potential to be really good IF the sensitive subjects it broaches (heroin addiction / homelessness) are treated deftly. The initial clips show promise and Omine has already delivered one knockout episode this season - albeit that one was showrun by Selman and not Jean (as this one is).

GAL OF CONSTANT SORROW - Sunday, February 21st | Episode Production Code = VABF06 / Writer = Carolyn Omine

BART TAKES IN A TALENTED HOMELESS WOMAN

Clip #1 - Making Bacon!
Clip #2 - Talented
Clip #3 - Gliding Silently
Clip #4 - A Powerful Enemy

Gal_of_Constant_Sorrow_promo_5.jpg
Gal_of_Constant_Sorrow_promo_3.jpg

Gal_of_Constant_Sorrow_promo_1.jpg
Gal_of_Constant_Sorrow_promo_2.jpg

Kate McKinnon (“Saturday Night Live”) and Singer Natalie Maines Make Guest-Voice Appearances

After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile, Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.

FXX Marathon Theme - Fame is Bittersweet (3:00pm special start time)

tumblr_mne4kmz3FM1s1clzao1_500.gif

3:00pm Colonel Homer (S3E20 / 8F19 / 1992)
3:30pm El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (S8E9 / 3F24 / 1997)
4:00pm Sunday, Cruddy Sunday (S10E12 / AABF08 / 1999)
4:30pm Alone Again, Natura-diddily (S11E14 / BABF11 / 2000)
5:00pm Behind the Laughter (S11E22 / BABF19 / 2000)
5:30pm I'm Goin' to Praiseland (S12E19 / CABF15 / 2001)
6:00pm Yokel Chords (S18E14 / JABF09 / 2007)
6:30pm Papa Don't Leech (S19E16 / KABF09 / 2008)

Meanwhile, Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.

Laughed out loud at this.

Holy shit, that song the homeless woman sang about her shopping cart was actually brilliant. Does anyone know where I could find a link to it?

Meanwhile, Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.

Laughed out loud at this.

Yea it was actually good and because of hearing Down To The River To Pray and Big Rock Candy Mountain( or something that sounded like it at the end) , I feel like watching O Brother, Where Art Thou?

UberTag

We have a new episode airing on Sunday.
And I'm rather enthusiastic about this one seeing how the script was handled by Dan Vebber... whose previous effort was the exceptional caper film parody, The Book Job, back in Season 23.
The preview clips are pretty amusing as well.
This is the rare combination of fresh modern premise that boasts potential that may also deliver on the pacing, jokes and execution front.

LISA THE VETERINARIAN - Sunday, March 6th | Episode Production Code = VABF08 / Writer = Dan Vebber

LISA INTERNS FOR A VETERINARIAN

Behind the Scenes - Recording w/ Guest Star Michael York
Clip #1 - Attention Please
Clip #2 - Getting Dirty
Clip #3 - Watch Your Head

Lisa%20the%20Veterinarian%201B.png
Lisa_the_Veterinarian_promo_2.jpg

Lisa_the_Veterinarian_promo_3.jpg
Lisa_the_Veterinarian_promo_5.jpg

Michael York (“Cabaret”) Makes a Guest-Voice Appearance

After performing CPR on a tased raccoon, Lisa discovers her calling to be veterinarian and becomes an intern at the local office, but learns a tough lesson when her neglected class hamster dies. Meanwhile, Marge moonlights as a crime scene cleaner for a little extra money, and the trauma of the gory scenes make her increasingly dead inside.

FXX Marathon Theme - Zootopia (3:00pm special start time)

tumblr_mf09jiiyJT1qh59n0o1_250.gif
tumblr_mf09jiiyJT1qh59n0o2_250.gif

tumblr_mf09jiiyJT1qh59n0o3_250.gif
tumblr_mf09jiiyJT1qh59n0o4_250.gif

3:00pm Dog of Death (S3E19 / 8F17 / 1992)
3:30pm Bart Gets an Elephant (S5E17 / 1F15 / 1994)
4:00pm Bart the Mother (S10E3 / 5F22 / 1998)
4:30pm Simpson Safari (S12E17 / CABF13 / 2001)
5:00pm Dude, Where's My Ranch? (S14E18 / EABF13 / 2003)
5:30pm The Burns and the Bees (S20E8 / KABF21 / 2008)
6:00pm The Squirt and the Whale (S21E19 / MABF14 / 2010)
6:30pm What to Expect When Bart's Expecting (S25E19 / SABF14 / 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom