• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection |OT| Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
2u9oftk.jpg

-Overview-

The Sly Collection™ features three PlayStation®2 action-packed classic hits; Sly Cooper® and the Thievius Raccoonus®, Sly 2: Band of Thieves® and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves® fully remastered in high definition. The Sly Collection™ sees the mischievous raccoon and his gang of eccentric friends pull off daring heists on a sneaking mission in this entertaining platformer adventure. Packed full with mini-games and thrilling missions from across the globe, The Sly Collection™ masterfully blends stealth, thievery, combat, strategy and exploration into one huge world. All 3 games can be played in 3D.

720p resolution and a smooth 60fps

ported by: Sanzaru Games

-Release-

US: November 9th, 2010

AUS: December 2nd, 2010

EU: December 3rd, 2010 -

-MSRP-

$39.99 / £29.99

-Box Art-

9F8v6.jpg
FQ06b.jpg

-Move-

sex8A.jpg

The Sly Collection will include minigames that support PlayStation Move. There will be 4 custom minigames, one for each character: Sly, Bentley, Murray, and Carmelita. The minigames will also be playable on a standard controller. They can played solo or with multiple players. There will be no use of Move controllers in the rest of the game.

Treasure Snagging with Sly
Click X on falling icons and 'pull' them in with the Move to gain points

Bentley RC Race with Bentley
Move the cursor to navigate a helicopter through rings to gain points, avoid bad rings.

Guru Dart Shooter with Murray
A simple light gun style game where you shoot bad guy targets and avoid innocent targets

Interpol Target Practice with Carmelita
Fire a gun at a moving cursor, follow it as it circles and swirls across the screen

shut off your DS3 before you start the Move games, or they wont work

-Trophies-

FGMZR.jpg

The Sly Collection will have 3 Platinum trophies, one for each title

Each game will have a full set of trophies, comparable to a single retail game.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Mini games

trophy whores rejoice

-Media-

Youtube

E3 Trailer
Story Trailer
Sneaky Gameplay
TGS Trailer
Launch Trailer
Introduction Gameplay
HD Playthrough

before and after

L4E29.jpg

S9bcN.jpg

JkNgp.jpg

wV5dX.jpg

yMjKX.jpg

8hiyC.jpg

-Opinions-

Metascore
1jiG7.png

Examiner - 5/5
Sly Cooper didn’t deserve the fate that it was handed to it in the last generation, and this is a way to set things right. The Sly Collection is a must-own for PS3 owners starved for excellent platforming action and don’t have the means to play Super Mario Galaxy 2. With three top-notch experiences in one budget-priced package, Sly 4 will have a lot to live up to.

Gamesradar - 9/10
As a collection, this is both a great deal and a much-deserved reintroduction to a fantastic set of seemingly forgotten games. If you’ve never experienced the Sly world before, this is the best possible way to see and play it - all in one place with copious Trophies for each title.

Eurogamer - 9/10
The HD updating has been handled magnificently, which is a pleasant surprise after the faintly botched Prince Of Persia collection. The colours are bright and rich, the frame-rate is super smooth (this is a technical term), and the edges and textures are as sharp as you'd expect for something running in 720p. It doesn't look like a PS2 game as much as it looks like your most nostalgic, wayward memory of a PS2 game, and there's probably an important distinction to be had there.

Shogun Gamer - 9/10
With a faithful port of the three Sly games, the Sly Collection is simply a must have for gamers who were fans of the series back in the PS2 days. And for those who never got into the adventures of Sly & the gang then I implore you to check out the Sly Collection as all three games provide an amount of variety never matched in other platforming games and especially isn’t present in this current era which is flooded with everything but good platforming games.

IGN - 8.5/10
Should you buy The Sly Collection? Yes, absolutely. Even if you've already played all three games (and I've found that most people seem to have played one of the games and missed the other two), this is a series worth revisiting. You get to see the history of Sucker Punch as a developer, you get to play some of the best platformers of last generation, and you get one of the greatest bargains in video games since The Orange Box.

Game Trailers - 8.4/10
Sly never achieved the critical mass of Mario, Sonic, or even Ratchet, but his games have aged especially well.

IfHBB.gif

In case you're wondering about the thread title...

TripOpt55

Was totally going to pick this up and my PS3 died today :( Once I get it fixed I'll be getting this right away. Excited to do those Master Thief Challenges again.

Salsa

I wonder if they'll bring Sly back after this.

Like in a fourth game i mean. This + Heroes on the move make it seem like they are pushing the character for something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:

Like in a fourth game i mean. This + Heroes on the move make it seem like they are pushing the character for something.

I hope so. After iNfAmOuS 2, I expect to see Super Punch make Sly 4.

RustyO

None of these games ever hit my radar the first time round for whatever reason.

Speevy said:
One of the best platforming series ever, so glad another generation gets to play it.

Came in to ask if any good, first reply gave me the answer. :lol

Mush

RustyO said:
None of these games ever hit my radar the first time round for whatever reason.
They were always rarely seen outside of Ratchet's and Jak's shadow. It sucked too, they we're just as good, if not better than ND's and Insomniac's offerings last gen.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I wasn't into the series until I replayed Sly 1 like 1.5 years ago and had a blast with it, but I think all the people who missed out before will like it.

it really is a great 3D platformer, and I can definitely say that at least Sly 1 holds up really well

it still looked kinda good on PS2 so I can only imagine that HD 16:9 Sly will be super nice

Ezalc

Mush said:
They were always rarely seen outside of Ratchet's and Jak's shadow. It sucked too, they we're just as good, if not better than ND's and Insomniac's offerings last gen.
I've always seen Sly as on par with the first few RC games. They are both amazing. Can't really comment on JnD games but they always gave me the impression that after the first game they were trying too hard to be edgy.

Just an amazing series, I'm against the grain in that I think Sly 2 is the best one, mostly because the second half of that game is just fucking amazing

Cesar

Banned
Absolutely fantastic games. Very tight controls which makes the platforming very fun. People should buy this.

GitarooMan said:
Just an amazing series, I'm against the grain in that I think Sly 2 is the best one, mostly because the second half of that game is just fucking amazing

Agreed it was really fun but I'm strong supporter that 1 was the right hallmark of stealth platforming among them all. I wonder if I'll be able to 100% part 1 again.

The_Dude

Absolutely loved the first, but the second one bored me to tears. It'd be awesome to have the first one in HD, though, so I'll probably end up picking this up on sale.

Speevy

Banned
The complaints leveled at parts 2 and 3 were along the same lines as those brought up against other games with multiple gameplay mechanics. Too much diversity, not enough classic platforming.

But trust me when I say that this series is as straightforward as it gets, especially compared to your typical game from this generation.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
so...any ideas for the subtitle? Normally I might be able to fit in some clever reference or something but no luck so far.

something referencing the games that also takes note of 60fps or HD or whateve

Roxas

SalsaShark said:

Here's the description of the Sly 3 Platinum trophy...

A Real Honor

Unlock every trophy in the last adventure of Sly Cooper...The last?
:D

dwebo

The trophy list link doesn't work. I might rent this, but three full length games sounds like too much to slog through.

Hige

Went through the series a couple years back, fantastic games. Sly 2 and 3 get a lot of hate but they're still pretty good, though 2 is a little slow in the middle around chapter 5 or 6. Buy this game people!

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Will be getting this. Only briefly tried the first game no PS2, and have been wanting to get them ever since, but for some reason I never did. Now is the perfect time to rectify that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
dwebo said:
The trophy list link doesn't work. I might rent this, but three full length games sounds like too much to slog through.

fixed.

turns out the site that I referenced for trophies is banned on GAF

Super Punch?

yep they just changed their name to Super Punch

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait. :D

Do you need a banner for the OP? I can make you one.

Synless

I have this and the Ico collection preordered for day one. I've never played the Sly series so I hope it's good.

Mush

Synless said:
I have this and the Ico collection preordered for day one. I've never played the Sly series so I hope it's good.
Do you enjoy good games? Great, you should be right at home with this collection.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Mush

ULTROS! said:
Needs like the GAF logo on his buckle or something, but other than that, good job.

OT's don't bother me because when I browse GAF I have all images turned off to save bandwidth :lol

ULTROS!

I can't picture edit properly on a broken mouse pad and I'm currently in class. ;(

Top Bottom