• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Ladies and Gentlemen I present the class acts with the power and keys to run this country.

When you think about it, we've already Trumped ourselves long ago with the absolutely corrupt and opportunitisic dick bags we keep voting in to run this ship. No wonder it's finally fucked itself and is sinking.

A ship of lies, BS and fat big boy wallets finally oozing with the stench of death and decay.

Embarrassing that this is how our LEADERS of the country act and behave, yet people stupidly STILL VOTE THEM IN.

pswii60

Yeah, seemed like an elaborate ruse to earn the keys to No. 10, blow off the referendum and achieve Prime Minister status.

Well, safe to say he flopped it.

Now himself, Cameron, Osborne and the lot have flocked into some kind of hiding with not even a murmur to come from them.
It's the weekend, they're all catching up on OITNB.

PJV3

That won't stop them. There's a group of Labour MP's who're determined to get Corbyn out no matter what.

His only chance to stay in power is take them all out back and shoot them.

Lol.

The new leader can then go back to a more pro EU position and create a load of UKIP MPs.

The party is fucked whatever it does.

SuperSah

Banned
It's the weekend, they're all catching up on OITNB.

image.php

SuperSah

Banned
Anyways, when do you guys think we'll see the next advancement in whatever the hell's going on? Maybe on Monday or in a few days time?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That won't stop them. There's a group of Labour MP's who're determined to get Corbyn out no matter what.

His only chance to stay in power is take them all out back and shoot them.

first time I feel like Corbyn has actually done something about those people though. Didn't even let him resign just straight up sacked him. That definitely sends more of a message.

Lime

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/just-how-bad-will-brexit-be-and-can-it.html

Post by Simon Wren-Lewis, Oxford Economist, about the impact of Brexit, worth reading.

He's written some very good, very interesting stuff about Brexit over the last few weeks.

Interesting.

For this to happen three rather difficult but not impossible things have to happen. The first is that the Labour leadership need to stop talking about ‘respecting the will of the people’ and focus on how the Leave side are already owning up to their lies and false promises. The second, and perhaps most difficult, is that Labour need to form a united front on the basis of a Remain ticket, involving the LibDems, Greens and SNP. This is the only way the Conservatives and most of the tabloid press will be defeated. Third, the new Conservative leader has to be forced to hold a general election before Article 50 is invoked.

[...]

Could you persuade Corbyn, Farron and Sturgeon to form an anti-Tory, pro-Remain alliance? Right now, as the horror of the Leave vote and a Johnson led Tory government become apparent, I think many party members could be convinced to do so, and that might put enough pressure on their leaders. It is, as far as I can see at the moment, the only way that Brexit, a right wing government led by our own version of Donald Trump, and perhaps the break up of the UK can be avoided.

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/just-how-bad-will-brexit-be-and-can-it.html

Post by Simon Wren-Lewis, Oxford Economist, about the impact of Brexit, worth reading.

He's written some very good, very interesting stuff about Brexit over the last few weeks.

Cheers. Quite interesting.

I feel there will be a Gen Election before Article 50 but I could well be wrong. I feel there will be a semi coalition that would ignore the referendum...

I think almost the more significant electoral thing will be majorities and that sort of thing in the future like 2/3 on 75% or something like that.

To live where?
Greece, Italy, Portugal, Poland, Spain?

The only country worth leaving the UK for in the EU is Germany. You speak dutch?

And when the EURO implodes, (and it'll be soon) you'll come running back to Blithely.

Dutch wouldn't help you much in Germany, where they speak, lo and behold, german. Not to mention that if you're qualified english might even suffice there.

Audioboxer

Corbyn needs to scorch the earth with some of these labour MP's. Outright dissent and slander on national TV and opportunitisic career advancing bullshit. There was a women on earlier yesterday he should have kicked the door down on on live TV and kicked her ass to the curb.

They deserve to be sacked and then they can go join the Tory party where they belong. Or UKIP. Or quite frankly strapped to that pig we are sending Cameron on to Panama.

In other words Corbyn is growing some balls and it's about time.

pulsemyne

Wow Hilary Benn just got the sack from the shadow cabinet.

Oh I'm a little bit late.

Benn is popular within the parliamentary party so expect some resignations.

nOoblet16

I feel there will be a Gen Election before Article 50 but I could well be wrong. I feel there will be a semi coalition that would ignore the referendum...

I think almost the more significant electoral thing will be majorities and that sort of thing in the future like 2/3 on 75% or something like that.

I like all of this.
Except for the fact that Labour will lose again because Corbyn is a wimp, eventhough I love his policies as a leftist.

Aki-at

I think it will.

This is my family's major worry because they remember a time before I was born and when Britain was openly racist.

Skinheads trying to break into our home, racist students at school, signs saying "No dogs, no blacks" now I don't think we're going back to this level of bigotry behaviour but for my family who were around when it was acceptable old worries resurface.

SuperSah

Banned

This would be fantastic, really.

There really is a lot at stake.

Bobnob

This is my family's major worry because they remember a time before I was born and when Britain was openly racist.

Skinheads trying to break into our home, racist students at school, signs saying "No dogs, no blacks" now I don't think we're going back to this level of bigotry behaviour but for my family who were around when it was acceptable old worries resurface.
I'm 40 and don't remember any of that.I'm calling bullshit.

Lagamorph

Does Corbyn actually believe that EU membership is worth fighting for? After all he is a Bennite unlike Hilary Benn.

Corbyn has always been anti-EU and almost certainly voted to Leave.
He only 'campaigned' for Remain because he was forced to by his party, and he gave it the absolute bare minimum he thought he could get away with.
He's also one of the people who called for Article 50 to be invoked immediately on Friday morning.

SuperSah

Banned
He only 'campaigned' for Remain because he was forced to by his party, and he gave it the absolute bare minimum he thought he could get away with.
He's also one of the people who called for Article 50 to be invoked immediately on Friday morning.

Hopes dashed of that multi-party union then :[

Yeah the idea that Corbyn would suddenly challenge all the lies of leave and form a cross party pro EU coalition seems like some sort of fantasy.

pulsemyne

The parliamentary party knows there really is only one horse in town that could win them an election. Dan Jarvis. They know it, the press knows it.

nOoblet16

Wow Hilary Benn just got the sack from the shadow cabinet.

Oh I'm a little bit late.

Benn is popular within the parliamentary party so expect some resignations.

Haha...love it.
Never liked the guy, his father must have been disappointed in him if he was still around.

Breakage

Yeah, this leave vote has definitely galvanised the racists/far-right.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've been away from current events and needed to get my head in a good place as it's been coming out in the wrong ways recently.

What's going on? Anything happening?

Yeah, seemed like an elaborate ruse to earn the keys to No. 10, blow off the referendum and achieve Prime Minister status.

Well, safe to say he flopped it.

Now himself, Cameron, Osborne and the lot have flocked into some kind of hiding with not even a murmur to come from them.

I think it's quite fitting that the man who played the fool was ultimately played for a fool.

Embarrassing that this is how our LEADERS of the country act and behave, yet people stupidly STILL VOTE THEM IN.
It really has been an embarrassment for the country. Well on the bright side, we've still got Chilcot to look forward to...oh.

Biggzy

I've been away from current events and needed to get my head in a good place as it's been coming out in the wrong ways recently.

What's going on? Anything happening?

Basically, Pandora's box has been opened and no one knows what the fuck to do about it.

kmag

Couldn't the Eu if minded invoke article 7 to suspend the uk based on an anti democratic failure under article 2?! Article 7 has wide latitiude because it requires 1/3 of the countries to agree along with the parliament and the commission

The U.K. has had democratic process which they're effectively ignoring which while it's a massive leap is in the article 2 purview

Maztorre

I'm 40 and don't remember any of that.I'm calling bullshit.

You're probably a touch too young and missed the very worst of it. The Tories' candidate was elected in Smethwick in 1964 on the back of the slogan "If you want a nigger for a neighbour, vote Labour". Then you had signs on establishments saying "no dogs, no blacks, no Irish", and the endorsement of apartheid in South Africa.

Arksy

Couldn't the Eu if minded invoke article 7 to suspend the uk based on an anti democratic failure under article 2?! Article 7 has wide latitiude because it requires 1/3 of the countries to agree along with the parliament and the commission

The U.K. has had democratic process which they're effectively ignoring which while it's a massive leap is in the article 2 purview

No. Not even in the slightest, if they tried we'd go straight to the ECJ who would injunct the matter and since they take so long to even hear a case, it'd give us years of negotiating time.

kmag

Why is Dan Jarvis seemingly such a popular replacement choice for Corbyn? Because he is ex military?
He's got a compelling personal story, talks well and is essentially the sort of cunt who'll appeal to middle England in the same way Blair did although he doesn't appear to be nearly as devious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom