• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Very Worst Movies of the Decade (holy crap I need to see all of these)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many times I've watched it the Bratman Begins thing still makes me laugh. Easily the best one.

"BFFS! AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HA!" :lol :lol :lol By that point I lose it and just can't stop the tears of laughter.

Mar

I was unfortunately subjected to Meet the Spartans at a friends place once before a party got into full swing. While everyone waited for more people to arrive the movie played on a giant television that you couldn't escape from.

I honestly believe it to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Oddly, everyone else in the room thought it was hilarious.

JGS

Banned
Mar_ said:
I was unfortunately subjected to Meet the Spartans at a friends place once before a party got into full swing. While everyone waited for more people to arrive the movie played on a giant television that you couldn't escape from.

I honestly believe it to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Oddly, everyone else in the room thought it was hilarious.

They are subconsciously my kind of people although I will not admit this even to myself.

So ashamed at finding Spartans funny...:(

Of those, I've only seen Alone in the Dark and Battlefield Earth. It's incomprehensible to me that there were 9 theatrical releases worse than AitD, worst shit I've ever seen

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I haven't seen any of these movies!
Where are Elephant and Paper Heart?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
OK. I finally saw the After Last Season trailer.

What.in.the.fuck.

I don't need to say more. =|

so last season was just a way for the Director to swindle some money and not an attempt at actually making a good movie. I believe this is the kind of loophole Uwe Boll exploited also

border

Rash said:
The Goods. Argh!

I always have low expectations for comedies these days, because most of the time they are either completely sucky or mediocre-at-best. But...wow. The Goods, while probably not as gut-wrenchingly retarded as the Meet the Spartans-esque parody movies, was so bad I wanted to demand my money back after stupidly seeing it in theaters.

The Goods had any number of big laughs.....it wasn't that great as a whole, but I loved the woman who wanted to fuck the 10-year-old guy....and Will Ferrell trying to distance himself from a purple dildo as he plummeted to his death :lol

Jeremy Piven also had one of my favorite lines in recent comedy history: "Party back at the Hacienda Courts. Everyone is welcome -- no guys."

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Messypandas said:
so last season was just a way for the Director to swindle some money and not an attempt at actually making a good movie. I believe this is the kind of loophole Uwe Boll exploited also

Uwe Boll used a (now-closed) loophole in German law to reclaim losses back on a movie.

border

Messypandas said:
I think he's just a newbie and probably got swindled/overcharged by a lot of experts preying on a first-timer.....he just doesn't wanna admit it or make a stink about it. He may just be lying about the budget anyway, because nobody's interested in distributing a $100,000 movie.

Alone in the Dark was brutal. It was barely funny. House of the Dead was hilarious. It had an awesome script:

Rudy: You did all this to become immortal. Why?
Castillo: To live forever!

Bloodrayne was even better, in terms of horribleness. I swear Michael Madsen was drunk and reading cue cards for the whole movie. Amazing.

I watched Bratz onDemand with my sister, and we had a great time making fun of it. In my opinion, that doesn't make you a "worst movie of the decade." The worst movies are the ones so bad that you can't wring an ounce of enjoyment and/or goodness out of them no matter how hard you try, e.g The Girlfriend Experience.

Aaron

Jive Turkey said:
How are you talking about After Last Season's horrid MRI set and not mentioning the ceiling fan above it?
Probably because it's made of paper. I've never seen an MRI room with exterior windows either, but seems silly to point out in this context.

Pulgo1

I'm sure it's been said but, The Happening. Also, Lady in the Water. They both made me want to stab myself in the eye with an icepick.

AnnHog said:
Paul Blart Mall Cop should really be on this list. I can't believe my friend recommended this piece of shit movie to me. The plot is unbelievably boring and I didn't laugh once. Only redeemable part was that heather graham was in it.

No way. It's a really shitty movie, but there's no way it's one of the worst of the decade.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Bisnic said:
I can't watch the trailers, but man... After Last Season... just looking at this is enough for me to not want to watch it.

afterlastseason.jpg-772515.jpeg

This poster looks like what happens when a Temperpedic mattress commercial has sex with the actors from a Mentos advert.

AnnHog said:
Paul Blart Mall Cop should really be on this list. I can't believe my friend recommended this piece of shit movie to me. The plot is unbelievably boring and I didn't laugh once. Only redeemable part was that heather graham was in it.

I'm about to make it worse for you...
Heather Graham wasn't in it

jakncoke

Banned
I've seen 4, 5 and 8. I concur they belong on a list such as this.

Delta Farce
Mr.Woodcock
The Happening

And many others should make an honorable mention

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Bisnic said:
OK. I finally saw the After Last Season trailer.

What.in.the.fuck.

I don't need to say more. =|
My jaw was agape the whole time. They couldn't even make a good TAGLINE for it.

These must be movies that made it to theaters correct? I've seen far worse direct to DVD movies than any of these on the list. Alone in the Dark is crappy funny bad, not horrible boring awful bad.

Kozak

Banned
If I had to watch "After Last Season" I'd have to hurt myself.. At least "The Room" attempts to be interesting.

Jasoco

Banned
Hate to say it, but I actually liked Battlefield Earth and Dumb and Dumberer for what they were. Bad movies.

But I also saw Meet the Spartans and wish I hadn't. So...

N4Us

Only movie on the list I saw (besides the Room, lol) was Dumb and Dumberer. I made it about 20 minutes into the movie before I gave up. All I even remember was Shia Lebouf in an animal costume.

Worst movie I saw this decade was Black Horizon, looking it up I guess it was called Stranded but released to DVD in the former name. It starred Ice-T for about, um, five minutes, and from what I remember the rest of the movie was about guys stuck in a space elevator. I don't know. There's tons of other awful movies I saw but that one always sticks out in my mind as the worst of the bunch.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Count Dookkake said:
The worst film is a mediocre one.
Truth. A really bad film can still be enjoyable. But the worst experiences are with films that don't attempt to do anything other than the bare basics. Hellboy 2 was shit because of this. It was like putting a 4 piece puzzle together. Everything needed was told in the first 10 minutes, everything happened in perfect fashion, nothing really disagreed or felt wrong, and it was just completely boring for that reason.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
It's funny BF:E getting so much shit, considering Avatar is basically the same plot but with good Fx (if BF:E had a budget, I don't know where it went to).

Paznos said:
No one has said House of a 1000 corpses???? still can't believe how bad that was.

woh woh, hey now.
it wasn't particulary a good movie but it certainly wasn't in the list of the worst movies of the decade

jakncoke

Banned
Paznos said:
No one has said House of a 1000 corpses???? still can't believe how bad that was.

Perhaps because not all of us thought that. I'm of the opinion that is was neither bad nor good. merely average.

vani77a said:
balls of fury.

I can see where you are coming from, but people have to remember, this isnt just a list of bad movies. These are movies that lack a reason to exist and defy logic. Only select bad movies fall under this category.

Count Dookkake said:
The worst film is a mediocre one.

I'll modify this: the worst film is a boring one. Bad films can often be very entertaining through unbelievably shit direction, script, acting etc. whereas mediocre run-of-the-mill films often don't entertain in any way at all: normal direction, normal acting, normal cliches = boring.

Sometimes though there are interminably bad films in terms of direction, acting, script which are also interminably boring and not entertaining at all, and they are the worst movies ever made.

Therefore, a film like Battlefield Earth does not deserve to be on this list because it is entertaining, whereas After Last Season, from the trailer, seems to completely justify itself as abysmal.

A couple of days ago, I watched Thor: The Hammer of the Gods. This is a low budget film on Thor and werewolves, and stood no chance of being good, but it had the possibility of being entertaining. Unfortunately, it was mediocre, boring and a complete waste of time.

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
So, does "After Last Season" actually exist in a watchable form, or is there just the trailer? I really want to try and watch this, especially after seeing the not so special effects.

The website links to where they sell it on Amazon.

I just ordered it :eek:

besada

Banned
I saw Super Babies, and can confirm that it is indeed an incredibly bad film. You can derive some enjoyment from it, with a room full of people and the intoxicant of your choice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom