• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Very Worst Movies of the Decade (holy crap I need to see all of these)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst movie I have seen this past decade is Screwed (2000) starring Dave Chappelle and Norm MacDonald (my favourite comedian along with Chris Rock and Dennis Miller). The film is atrociously bad. Has anyone else seen it?

Mr. Sam

Oh, just remembered the first movie I ever considered walking out of (I had a friend with me who refused to leave):

Fun-With-Dick-And-Jane.jpg

Abysmal.

Jak140

I agree with everyone saying Elephant belongs on the list. That and Catwoman are the worst movies I've ever seen.

Not sure it had a theatrical run but:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2i6njfp.jpg[IMG]

Looked so damn bad i was curious to check it out. I was not disappointed:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X4_ZjRNzhk]tribute[/url] some scenes maybe NSFW

Saw Battlefield Earth again. It was bad but not as horrendous as some here made it out to be. The idea of humans regressing back only to rediscover their lost knowledge, effectively making them the real aliens (that sense of awe that comes when films portray first contact) in a way, was a neat idea on paper. In that sense, it reminded me of The Time Machine (classic film).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
All legitimately bad movies, no reason to argue with that list.

Regarding The Room, it's one of the few bad movies I've seen that really does live up to the idea of "so bad it's good". I've watched it all the way through on DVD and watched the youtube clicks countless times, it's a downright hilarious movie even if it wasn't intentional. Funnier than most comedy films.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Tommy is a self aware mastermind, especially after the Tim and Eric episode with him.

EDIT - Oh, I'm responding to a list from last January. Nice bump, I should pay more attention.

My screenwriting prof in University wrote Alone in the Dark and decided to screen the movie and do a live commentary over it. He was also the writer of M.V.P 2 (Most Vertical Primate).

canadian crowe said:
My screenwriting prof in University wrote Alone in the Dark and decided to screen the movie and do a live commentary over it. He was also the writer of M.V.P 2 (Most Vertical Primate).

Should have dropped that class

MetalAlien

Banned
House of the Dead was awesome because when you saw the house it was clearly 1/2 scale or something and they made no effort to hide that... :lol

BattleMonkey said:
Should have dropped that class

He said I had 'natural instincts'.

He said Uwe Boll was terrible, and changed his script. If I remember correctly he wanted it to be less serious (I haven't seen the whole movie without live commentary).

He also said he was with Ben Affleck in the Vancouver strip club where he was caught by paparazzi, which lead to his break up with J.Lo.

All in all money well spent on the course.

Paznos said:
No one has said House of a 1000 corpses???? still can't believe how bad that was.

I actually think that movie had a lot of potential - the first half or so is quite good. Accept it as a campy, fun, silly kind of horror movie, with some fairly grotesque and serious moments, I think there's plenty of redeeming qualities to be had.

It does lose a lot of momentum beyond the 1-hour mark, though.
I don't understand why Dr. Satan is depicted as though he's a character from a science fiction comic book instead of the "creepy surgeon" they depict earlier in the film, for instance, among other gripes.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
The Room is easily one of the greatest theater experiences you will ever have in your life. Infinitely quotable, so fucking terrible.

Nothing is worse. Nothing.

And yet . . nothing is better. :lol

WillyFive

Mr. Sam said:
Oh, just remembered the first movie I ever considered walking out of (I had a friend with me who refused to leave):

Fun-With-Dick-And-Jane.jpg

Abysmal.

Huh?

That one was great. Not really funny, but it was a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom