• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem on my end is I can play all those on the PS3. Investing $350 into a system for games I can already play is silly.
A lot of PC gamers pay $350 to get better graphics cards, doesn't affect what games they can play, just makes the games they can play, better. This is the same thing. I'm pretty sure most multiplat games that come out over the next few years will also be ported to PS3 and XBox 360, even after PS4/XBox 8 are out. But I'd pay for a next-gen system to be able to get superior graphics and controls, which are both likely to happen on the Wii-U.

Okay, here's what we'll do.

We'll use the IRC for lives reactions during the conference.

We'll do a 10 people Skype convo AFTER the conference for post-conference reactions. How's that?

1. BY2K
2. Anth0ny
3. AceBandage
4. kami_sama
5. THACHITS
6. CrAzYLeGzLU
7. Rösti

3 spots left, so be quick!

When is this? Since I don't have my day off (FFFFUUU) so it'll have to wait until at least after 3:30PM EST. :( Maybe I can make a surprise appearance during school, I asked and they'll give me time to watch the conference.

Linkhero1

I think we've talked a lot about what we do want to see at Nintendo's E3 conference, but what DON'T you guys want to see? I'm talking about in terms of software. For example, you don't want them to spend 10 mins demoing a third party port, though, I know they probably won't do such a thing since they have the software showcase to do so.

I'm hoping we don't see a Wii U Fit, Wii Fit U or something along these lines this year.

The problem on my end is I can play all those on the PS3. Investing $350 into a system for games I can already play is silly.

Well if you're going to buy a Wii U for first party and some third party exclusives, why not also buy ports as well? You already will have the console by then and the chances of having exclusive content in the ports is pretty high.

TheChits

I think we've talked a lot about what we do want to see at Nintendo's E3 conference, but what DON'T you guys want to see? I'm talking about in terms of software. For example, you don't want them to spend 10 mins demoing a third party port, though, I know they probably won't do such a thing since they have the software showcase to do so.

I'm hoping we don't see a Wii U Fit, Wii Fit U or something along these lines this year.

I don't want to see any remakes or hd collections, unless it is a kingdom hearts hd collection exclusive to the wii u

I don't want to see any remakes or hd collections, unless it is a kingdom hearts hd collection exclusive to the wii u

I do, Nintendo fans are missing out on oodles of HD collections, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, DMC, Basara, etc.

Give me a Klonoa HD collection with the first from Wii and the second from PS2, hell Paon beefing up the second to Wii level would be icing on the cake. :D

Pikmin 1 & 2 would also benefit from this for Pikmin 3, hell just wait to do Pikmin Trilogy.

Okay, 4 groups, 15 minutes each, 4 people + the host.

I´d stick with 4 to 5 people and we vote the people in that we would like to hear.

So when we have a september conference, there could be an other NintenGAF Cast, another one for launch... An ongoing series (For bigger events) with (hopefully) regulars.

But thats just my 2 cents :) Whatever you will decide on. I will propably like it :)

"Next Retro game should beeee..."

"The NintendoGAF Game - The waiting for E3"

See your Mii checking NeoGAF like 500 times a day. Witness anonymous developer comments being treated as absolute fact while way more credible rumors, that sound more optimistic will be harshfully dismissed.

Witness when the BAN HAMMER is swung whiping out 3 fellow NintenGAFfers who couldn´t keep control.

Check NeoGAF on the Upad while your Mii checks NeoGAF on your TV!

And all of it in glorious HD.

Only on WiiU

Linkhero1

Don't say that! They are going to announce a new f-zero at e3. You just have to believe

It's very hard to believe after not getting one this generation. I'm just going to pretend like there won't be one coming out, so I don't end up being disappointed this E3, next E3, the E3 after the next E3, etc. :(

I want a Mario Sunshine HD remake. That's one of my least favorite games in the main Mario series. But I know I went into it wanting Mario 64 2, so i'd like to give it another shot without putting those expectations onto it. Of course Nintendo would have to release a controller with analog triggers, and I don't know if there's a good chance of that happening.

japtor

Don't say that! They are going to announce a new f-zero at e3. You just have to believe
Can I believe that if they make one it won't be as good as GX? Honestly that's why I want a remake (with enhancements, HD, online, leaderboards, etc) as much as anything else.

Linkhero1

And when GAF goes down?

I bought these bad boys for a reason

2hT3G.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
Tinychat is an awesome venue for live events with a ton of people. Especially during the livestreams.
At least, it was during the world cup. Watching a match on TV and seeing 100s of people live-commenting on and discussing every move the players make is pretty awesome.

I suggest creating one of those.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else kind of excited to see what Nintendo has in store for online with the Wii U? Granted, their previous track record isn't great, they've still made some improvements with the 3DS' online system.

I'm excited to see if Nintendo can really nail a great online experience or not. I'm also really interested in how they'll handle the online store, as both the Wii Shop Channel and the eShop have still been a bit too difficult to navigate for my liking, I'm hoping for something a bit easier.

Lyude77

Hopefully GAF won't shut down, but the random outages lately make me think it will. I'll probably join you all in the IRC (if/when it does).

TheChits

Because people who have been banned don't deserve to join the conversation.

Come on man. Some of those guys have been participating in speculation leading up to e3 for a whole year now. Just because they got banned doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to join in on the fun

Linkhero1

Because people who have been banned don't deserve to join the conversation.

That's ice cold. Everyone's free to do what they want. If the conversation isn't taking place on GAF then why's it a bad thing? They're banned from GAF but not banned from communicating with GAF members.

methodman

Banned
That's ice cold. Everyone's free to do what they want. If the conversation isn't taking place on GAF then why's it a bad thing? They're banned from GAF but not banned from communicating with GAF members.

once they're banned from GAF, they have their tongues removed and their hands cut off.

Anyone else kind of excited to see what Nintendo has in store for online with the Wii U? Granted, their previous track record isn't great, they've still made some improvements with the 3DS' online system.

I'm excited to see if Nintendo can really nail a great online experience or not. I'm also really interested in how they'll handle the online store, as both the Wii Shop Channel and the eShop have still been a bit too difficult to navigate for my liking, I'm hoping for something a bit easier.

Yup, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised, as we were w/ Wii's channel menu when it was first unveiled and everyone was saying nintendo weren't competent enough to design a decent system menu.

Can I believe that if they make one it won't be as good as GX? Honestly that's why I want a remake (with enhancements, HD, online, leaderboards, etc) as much as anything else.

I personally hated GX, so I'd be very happy if it were very different. I mean, the gameplay started great, but the balancing was WAY off, the game went from fun to frustrating very quickly.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yup, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised, as we were w/ Wii's channel menu when it was first unveiled and everyone was saying nintendo weren't competent enough to design a decent system menu.

I hope you are right.

Also, I hope nintendo realizes how key this stuff actually is, and sadly I'm not at all confident in their abilities.

abasm

I personally hated GX, so I'd be very happy if it were very different. I mean, the gameplay started great, but the balancing was WAY off, the game went from fun to frustrating very quickly.

Do you mean the single-player stuff? Or just the general control of the vehicles?

While I do find GX to be patently unfair in single-player, it is one of the most mechanically satisfying racers I've ever played. I still bring it out every few months to challenge my old time-attack scores.

Elfteiroh

These links should really be put in the OP... Just for keepsake.
Also the graveyard will have to be updated now. :(

"The NintendoGAF Game - The waiting for E3"

See your Mii checking NeoGAF like 500 times a day. Witness anonymous developer comments being treated as absolute fact while way more credible rumors, that sound more optimistic will be harshfully dismissed.

Witness when the BAN HAMMER is swung whiping out 3 fellow NintenGAFfers who couldn´t keep control.

Check NeoGAF on the Upad while your Mii checks NeoGAF on your TV!

And all of it in glorious HD.

Only on WiiU
HaHAhA! So Meta. I like it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom