• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

Lasthope106 said:
In the Witcher 1, you receive upgraded weapons and armor as a result of completing certain quests, so I guess I was expecting the same in this game.

Fair enough, though you can find better equipment as loot and quest rewards, so I don't know why you still had the starting items. >.>

Lasthope106 said:
In the Witcher 1, you receive upgraded weapons and armor as a result of completing certain quests, so I guess I was expecting the same in this game.
You didnt look at your inventory 15 hours into the game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kyaw said:
It will probably a sizeable expansion pack.

I want it to be free though but i doubt it.

Something sizable would be nice. I like the little missions they do, but I want something meaty.

In fact, they should just work on an expansion pack that overhauls chapter 3 and makes it an actual chapter instead of a cliff note.

Salaadin

EatChildren said:
Something sizable would be nice. I like the little missions they do, but I want something meaty.

In fact, they should just work on an expansion pack that overhauls chapter 3 and makes it an actual chapter instead of a cliff note.

Something that picks up right where Chapter 3 ends would be ideal. Maybe theyre preparing something now for us PC players so that itll be on disc for the 360 version to help knock off one of the major reviewer complaints about how the game ended.

Kyaw said:
Alvin was never important or significant in the grand scheme of things/politics.
And no one probably even knew that he was the grandmaster except you.

Ummmm, I thought everyone realized that? It's subtle but it's pretty obvious if you're paying attention IMO.

As for the Witcher 2, a meaty 10 - 20 hour expansion would be so clutch. I don't want a 2 hour DLC mission that I can play through in one sitting.

Finally finished this up, I have to say I did enjoy the game and the writhing was great, got me fully into the world but something is just missing and I swear I thought I was halfway through and all of a sudden I was finished, I wanted much more.

Kyaw

Sir Garbageman said:
Ummmm, I thought everyone realized that? It's subtle but it's pretty obvious if you're paying attention IMO.

As for the Witcher 2, a meaty 10 - 20 hour expansion would be so clutch. I don't want a 2 hour DLC mission that I can play through in one sitting.

As i said, people from the Witcher world might not know that.

Of course we (the players) know about it.

Kattbuss

Damn! This game really ended
on a high note!
Both story-wise and gameplay-wise.
The combat really started clicking with me once I started playing it more like Arkham Asylum when before I was just pounding on dudes.

Now I'm going to start my Roche playthrough and backup my main save to use in Witcher 3, I'm betting some of my choices are going to come back to bite me in the ass.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Witcher 2 2.0 Dev diary.

- Technical + gameplay enhancements
- New, more immersive tutorial
- Dark Mode - new difficulty setting comparable to insane but with new "dark themed" equipment and the ability to save
- Arena mode, which is "arcade like", and looks hell lot like Die by the Sword arena with high scores (Facebook integration)
- Free
- Release date: September 29th

Helmholtz

Keiician said:
Witcher 2 2.0 Dev diary.

- Dark Mode - new difficulty setting comparable to insane but with new "dark themed" equipment and the ability to save
- Arena mode, which is "arcade like", and looks hell lot like Die by the Sword arena with high scores (Facebook integration)
- Free
That's...disappointing.

Exuro

Arena sounds awesome. A little disappointed that it doesn't have any graphical enhancements but this is still pretty cool.

Tokubetsu

Dev continues to improve game you already paid for....people disappointed.

j399Y.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Keiician said:
Witcher 2 2.0 Dev diary.

- Free

I wouldn't watch that video if you haven't played the game yet.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JaseC said:
People were expecting another Enhanced Edition.

Pretty stupid expectations this early on.

Still, Arena mode does not interest me, neither does 'dark mode', so colour me a bit disappointed. Hopefully this new tutorial mode will complete the first part of the game, and CDP can focus on expanding the shitty third chapter.

Kyaw

Arena mode looks interesting. I know i'm going to get my ass kicked with like 20 draugs surrounding me...

Might replay a 'perfect run' with the dark mode.

Maladict

Neo Member
Wow both dark mode and arena mode looks awesome. Hopefully dark mode will adjust the difficulty so it stays challanging throughout the game.

Looking good. I'm keen on that dark mode if they can rebalance the latter half of the game.

They hinted at more story elements present in that mode. Wonder what it is.

Tokubetsu

toasty_T said:
Looking good. I'm keen on that dark mode if they can rebalance the latter half of the game.

They hinted at more story elements present in that mode. Wonder what it is.

I swear I spotted some enemies in the arena that I don't remember from my runthroughs.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
2.0 is looking pretty good. It might be time to start planning a third playthrough.

Tokubetsu said:
I swear I spotted some enemies in the arena that I don't remember from my runthroughs.

Those dog things are definitely new. Hope they aren't just dropped somewhere else and we get a new quest/area.

When I do play it again I'll probably go with Roche again. About that, is it possible to
uncover the conspiracy and not have to kill that room full of dudes to get Seltkirk's armor? Also, is it possible to figure out that Roche heads the conspiracy on your own?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
watched the trailer.

that's terrific. The third playthorugh is imminent.

And what makes it all sweeter is that I hoped that somebody makes an arena mode after CD RED releases mod tools but they made themselves!

Also what about these dark "themes"? I've been thinking a lot about difficulty levels lately and I thought that increasing difficulty level should correspond with changing the tone of the game. For example when you look at the faces of people in Metro 2033 they look unreasonably healthy while they all should be dead pale after life spent without sun. But if you make people look ugly it might not gel with target audience. Same with the plot. You can do much more twisted, dark plot if you are not limitated by the fear of people being frustrated by it. But if you limit it by the mode 95% won't ever touch you won't get bad reviews and all that stuff and you'll reward hardcore players at the same time.

If they do something like this.... well, at least partially...

Dries

Could some kind fellow here tell me what kind of settings and performance I will get with this setup? Gonna buy this setup soon for this game and Crysis!

Processor: Quad Core Intel Core i5 2500K (3.3GHz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z68X-UD3H-B3
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics card: ATI 6950 or GTX 570 (haven't decided yet)
Hard Drive: 1 TB

Solo

Dries said:
Could some kind fellow here tell me what kind of settings and performance I will get with this setup? Gonna buy this setup soon for this game and Crysis!

Solo said:
I have a 570 and 2500k, and I got 40-50 FPS @ 1920x1080 w/everything* turned on and everything on Ultra. And performance has apparently improved with each patch. In other words, it will run fantastic for you.

*except uber sampling

Carry on my wayward son!

Dries said:

You should have no problem running everything on Ultra at 1080p above 30 fps. No ubersampling though. That setting will destroy any single card in the market.

Dries

Solo said:
Carry on my wayward son!

Lasthope106 said:
You should have no problem running everything on Ultra at 1080p above 30 fps. No ubersampling though. That setting will destroy any single card in the market.

Fuck yeah, this makes me happy. Thanks, guys.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
2.0 is a bit underwhelming for me, since I was hoping it would include a significant DLC quest or expansion. Arena mode could be fun, but I'd rather do some real questing with a plotline and characters and all that shit. I'm not even against paying for it.

Maybe they're gonna wait until the 360 version is out to release an expansion, but I don't wanna wait that long dammit.

Solo

Or perhaps they will not do any expansions, but rather run right into The Witcher 3 while the engine is still cutting edge.

oktarb

Can anyone recommend the must have mods? I installed he weight reduction one as I hated having to toss things. Anyone have any others they consider great?

Kyaw

Solo said:
Or perhaps they will not do any expansions, but rather run right into The Witcher 3 while the engine is still cutting edge.

I like that idea.

They won't probably start on anything until they've finished the 360 port.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Solo said:

I would be all for this if it didn't mean I'd have to wait another 2 or 3 years for more Witcher. I'm fiending for more and I don't think I can last that long.

Tokubetsu

Solo said:

This is what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping the ending in DARK mode has a teaser for Witcher 2: Are Those Nilfgaard Ships? or somehting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom