• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own the PS4 version, but in today's Giant Bombcast, Danny O'Dwyer (from Gamespot) mentioned that clearing the PS4's cache helped his technical problems in the Witcher 3. No idea how it's done, but it might be worth a try if you're being utterly beset by issues.

I don't own the PS4 version, but in today's Giant Bombcast, Danny O'Dwyer (from Gamespot) mentioned that clearing the PS4's cache helped his technical problems in the Witcher 3. No idea how it's done, but it might be worth a try if you're being utterly beset by issues.

but need to know how thats done and wtf i cant even play this game it just sits on load forever

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jesus, trying to lvl to 3 before taking on the Griffen... Dont fuck drowners. Shit I suck at combat. Tips?

Oh dammit. I chose off because I thought On would choose a default world state for you. Maybe I should restart. Only a couple hours in.
Do it. I found out I picked the wrong choice after I finished the prologue :/

Btw, prologue end spoilers -
that griffin fight was really easy on Blood and Broken Bones. I was expecting more of a challenge.

Tain

Anybody run into weird control issues on PC?

I'm currently fighting the (early spoiler)
griffin
on Death March and out of nowhere I suddenly can't roll or dodge. And if I enter the blocking stance, Geralt doesn't stop blocking when I let go. It's really, really weird, and it actually persists when I restart the game. Sometimes the battle is jacked up on load, other times it works fine and then gets jacked up mid-battle.

Jesus, trying to lvl to 3 before taking on the Griffen... Dont fuck drowners. Shit I suck at combat. Tips?

Don't forget the fundamentals: dodge and pirouette. Get an attack or two in, then prepare for their counter-attacks. Don't be greedy. Use signs where appropriate. Igni can be useful, as can quen. There's probably some alchemy/crafting things you can use to help against both of them - check the bestiary entry for more info.

Good luck.

Majukun

try to pick then one at the time,use the "shield magic" before combat..they are extremely weak against the fire magic...dodge a lot

I suck at combat. Any tips? I feel like approaching it like a Zelda will end up getting you killed

Stay on your guard and pick your approaches. Short dodge is great but don't use it if there are too many enemies around though. Also remember than there isn't really invulnerability with the dodges, all you're doing is getting out of the way.

Also, quen is your best friend.

jett

D-Member
It's really something how despite thinking that this game controls like butt and the combat is some third rate shit created in a bubble where no other developer ever designed an action game, I still enjoy my time with the game.

CDPR, you weirdos you. How do you do it. Every time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
try to pick then one at the time,use the "shield magic" before combat..they are extremely weak against the fire magic...dodge a lot
Hop dodge or roll? Holding parry I seem to get stunned on weapon impact then someone else damages me instead, should I be timing parry with attacks?

Majukun

Thanks, I'll check the menus again when i play next.

also,diferently from the previous game,you automaticaly refill your alchemy items (bombs included) every time you meditate as long as you have some alcohol..so you don't have to craft them multiple times

Majukun

Hop dodge or roll? Holding parry I seem to get stunned on weapon impact then someone else damages me instead, should I be timing parry with attacks?

hop dodge is enough if only one attacks...if a group is going towards you,go with fire + roll with a..if they begin to combo you,it's over
oh,and most of the time you find an explosive barrel near group of drowners..you can use that by lightning it with some fire
omg whats the best shit to use for healing god damn this bread does shit all.

meditation XD

Carm

So, can you get the wraiths to respawn in white orchard? I need emerald dust and its way to expensive at the vendors, kinda silly I still have the starting silver sword at what I think is the last thing you do in WO.

robotrock

Banned
Just dropped the difficulty to easy. Combat seems a bit tougher than Witcher 2 for me and less fun. Maybe it's because I'm playing with a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard.

KorrZ

I'm finding hard difficulty a bit easy actually. I'm taking down level 7 enemies at lvl 3 with relative ease. The only real difficulty is when you get ganged up on.

Just dropped the difficulty to easy. Combat seems a bit tougher than Witcher 2 for me and less fun. Maybe it's because I'm playing with a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard.

I found it to be the opposite, which is interesting. I'm having an easier time with The Witcher 3's combat, and am doing better with the game in general.

If it gets a lot harder, I'll likely drop it, though.

Kosh

PSA: For those on PS4 that get stuck at the loading screen after the two intro movies, turn off your PS4 then turn it back on. At least that worked for me. Good luck.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's really something how despite thinking that this game controls like butt and the combat is some third rate shit created in a bubble where no other developer ever designed an action game, I still enjoy my time with the game.

CDPR, you weirdos you. How do you do it. Every time.

Seriously, the combat is such a disaster, no parry feedback, geralt moves like a boat, the soft lock and hard lock are all over the place. The AI can even be exploited to the point where they can't hit you back reliably. Man the combat really is shit, but it's like endearing how shit it is.

But goddamn the rest of the game is so incredible it makes it hard to stay mad at the game.

Tain

Control bug happens even with my gamepad unplugged and when loading from a different saved game. God, this blows. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is it normal to be constantly poor? I never have much currency.

Jsheldon

So, can you get the wraiths to respawn in white orchard? I need emerald dust and its way to expensive at the vendors, kinda silly I still have the starting silver sword at what I think is the last thing you do in WO.

Just take on the monster and use funds/sell extras after the fight. The upgraded silver sword is NOT needed for easy griffin fight

Robiin

Holy crap it's 3 AM. Open world game curse. Mainly been clearing out question marks and hunting contracts before fighting the griffin. It's been really fun and there's so much ahit to do, but the combat and movement is wonky!

jett

D-Member
Lol yes. Get bee hives and sell them.

Omg the swimming controls, worst than superman 64.

Oh lawd.

Oh lawwwwwwwd.

Swimming in this game is really nostalgic to me. Takes me back to the N64 days where most devs were completely ignorant on how to move a character in a three-dimensional place. CDPR, you legends you.

I'm enjoying the combat on Death March. It kinda feels like Bloodborne at this difficulty since you absolutely have to time your attacks well between dodging/sidesteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom