• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frillen

Probably my biggest gripe thus far. I've met two bosses with health regeneration, including one in the main quest. The one in the main quest also had minions spawning, so that's two of the worst boss cliches in the same boss battle. Good lord what an annoying boss battle that was.

valkyre

What I dont like about the combat system in W3 is just how unpredictable is the reaction of Geralt to my commands.

I am playing on Death March and I have to say that this unpredictability makes the combat not as much enjoyable.

If I order Geralt to perform a normal attack the result will vary, supposedly depending on the location/distance of the enemy and such.

But this is bullshit as far as I am concerned. Certain enemy types are way too fast so by the time you give the order to attack, to the time its executed the distance might have changed greatly. Which would be ok if Geralt performed the same move all the time.

Instead Geralt can do from a simple fast slash to a roll+pirouette+slash 1-2 secs later from the time the command is input...

This kinda sucks hard. It makes the combat sloppy, it makes Geralt's reaction unpredictable and it pretty much makes certain encounters with a lot of targets a mess. A mess full of rolls, pirouettes and slashing the air at nothing. Geralt could take from 0 (instant) to a full 1-2 secs to perform his actions and at that time he is vulnerable to enemies. Dying because Geralt wants to do pirouettes and jumps before slashing while enemies swarm him, is stupid and unfair.

Dont misunderstand me , I am in love with the game, it is massive and a proper RPG with an amazing world, but at the same time I have to acknowledge that Souls/bloodborne games have something that no other game has: The best fucking combat system ever to grace the videogame world.

danowat

Banned
Yes, it is. Lots of good loot, and places of power..

Stumbled upon my first place of power, white orchard cemetery?, I was still Lvl 1, and a nasty ghost came out who was Lvl 7, so I just legged it!!!, also, is there something under the cemetery?, there is another ? mark a few metres away from it........

Where can i forge weapons? Willis can't do weapons i think...

He can

I have the right ingredients to craft some armour, but when I go to the quartermaster in nilfgaardian garrison it's not their to craft.

artsi

I got my hopes up, but apparently that locks all the messages/UI stuff to gamepad controls instead of KB/M controls. I wish there were a way to lock it to KB/M instead. It's funny because I get the keyboard/mouse control scheme changed message every time and I don't even have a gamepad plugged in.

Try changing the value to 1 (or 3 if it doesn't work).

Hammer24

Banned
Stumbled upon my first place of power, white orchard cemetery?, I was still Lvl 1, and a nasty ghost came out who was Lvl 7, so I just legged it!!!, also, is there something under the cemetery?, there is another ? mark a few metres away from it........

There are several more places of power.
The one you found is connected to a quest - so wait until you get this quest!

Is there anyway to turn off the food icons in the HUD configuration? Only thing I want to see is my health bar when I need to. Turned off enemy health bars though so I'll see how that goes lol

Edit: Nevermind, dissapears at full health like the healthbar

Probably my biggest gripe thus far. I've met two bosses with health regeneration, including one in the main quest. The one in the main quest also had minions spawning, so that's two of the worst boss cliches in the same boss battle. Good lord what an annoying boss battle that was.

I know what you're talking about, I had to go treasure hunting for a new sword just to get through that.

artsi

holy shit my witcher jumped off from like 2.5 meters height and lost 3500 hp. He really is a freak.

Yeah I jumped from about 2 meters to a beach (with smooth sand!) and he lost 80% of his health bar. Don't know if it's because I played on Death March but I think it shouldn't affect drop damage.

danowat

Banned
Yeah I jumped from about 2 meters to a beach (with smooth sand!) and he lost 80% of his health bar. Don't know if it's because I played on Death March but I think it shouldn't affect drop damage.

There is a large windmill between the first town and the garrison, there is a big piece of wood blocking the stairs, if you jump at it, you start to slide up it, and then BOOM it shoots you into the air, and then death.....

-GJ-

I sold my starting gear and weapons as I found some better gear pretty early on. Now people are telling me I've made a huge mistake since it's some of the best gear available once you upgrade it. There's no way to buy it back. It's there anything I could/should do except for restart the game?

ChanMan

Oh man I'm happy they didn't change Dandelion's voice, it was spot on in The Witcher 2. The loading screen narrator sounds like some old man which made me scared that they changed his voice into... that.

That actually is Dandelion he is just older as the narrator. His voice is younger in game of course.

I have no idea how to play Gwent and don't really want to learn. Why didn't they just rip off triple triad?

You have to have a specific number of monster cards in your deck. You draw 10 cards from your deck at the start and can discard and redraw your choice 2. You take turns playing one card each, your faction leader including. Monster cards are played to one of three fields, depending on their 'role' as infantry, archer, or artillery. Fields can be targeted by special weather effect cards that reduce all cards of that field, for both players, to 1. Pass when you're done playing cards, either because you've won the round or because you're allowing your opponent to win. When one player passes, the other can keep playing cards as long as they like. You win a round by having a higher combined attack value than your opponent once you've both passed. You win the game by winning two rounds.

Despite that small mountain of words the game is extremely straightforward and you'll have a firm grasp of the basics within probably a minute of fooling around with it. There's not a very large barrier to entry, here.

aku:jiki

It's pretty much Hearthstone, with less strategy.
Nah, Hearthstone is pretty much Magic and I know how to play that very well. I had no idea what was going on in Gwent. Maybe I wasn't paying attention but it seemed stupid and annoying to me.

The idea of having a CCG inside the game that Geralt can collect and play is awesome, though.

Blizzard

Banned
Did you try setting it to 1 instead of 2? Idk if that will actually work as I havent tried it, but if 0 means both, and 2 means controller only, then...just maybe 1 means keyboard only?
The reddit reply said that 1 didn't work for precisely that situation, sadly. I haven't tried it myself yet.
Try changing the value to 1 (or 3 if it doesn't work).
3 is a good idea, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom