• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

I've used the website for years. I think someone just made a mistake when they put it up. It just annoys me because I wouldn't have bought a non-Steam version.

The email they sent says I need to download something called GOG Galaxy?

You Dont. You can download the files right off their website.

I'm going to bed and when I wake I will be able to play this at last. The wait has been excrutiating but I am no less excited than I was a month ago and I've been counting the days. It's hard to believe it's almost finally here!

TadkV.gif

I'm starting on the hardest setting and if I find it overly difficult then I'll reduce it mid way. Best way to figure out a difficulty IMO.

It's crazy. I thought this date was so far away. I don't doubt this last week of uni will be a mess lol

Anyone else ordered the PS4 version on Amazon and it says arriving Thursday? Just the standard version...not sure why I am not getting release date shipping like I always do with Prime.

pilferk

Neo Member
Just a very quick point of information (and maybe it's been made already....I'm still working my way through the thread):

I'm looking at my PS4 count down, and it says 11 hours 30 min. It's 7:30 AM and I'm on East Coast US time....that makes the unlock at 7 PM, not 8 PM, here. Right?

zkorejo

Is there yet any consensus regarding how the various difficulty settings compare? I know I'll be playing on at least hard (which I know isn't called that), as I'm sure normal would feel too unchallenging based on what I've heard, but I'm wondering if perhaps I should even go with very hard? How much more difficult is it, and in what way? Are there other differences beyond just combat difficulty? You lose the same "handholdy" stuff on both, right? I've beaten both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (and soon Bloodborne), so I'm not afraid of challenging combat, but at the same time I don't think I would want quite that level of constantly getting my ass kicked in a story-focused RPG like this. But I'm guessing even very hard in TW3 is quite a bit below Souls difficulty, right...?

I am doing the Normal mode. Havent tried Hard. But I suppose you should go for Hard (3rd difficulty level) if you want a challenge in every enemy encounter.

I prefer normal for the first playthrough. Its not like its a cakewalk at normal difficulty. It does get challenging at times, if you are going for enemies more than 3-4 levels above you.

Even a single werewolf at level 6 (I didnt have any specific oils to damage him at the time) gave me a hard time when I was at level 4.
Which was only 2 levels higher than me.

sunofsam

Just a very quick point of information (and maybe it's been made already....I'm still working my way through the thread):

I'm looking at my PS4 count down, and it says 11 hours 30 min. It's 7:30 AM and I'm on East Coast US time....that makes the unlock at 7 PM, not 8 PM, here. Right?

Time, how does it work?

Yes, 7PM EST

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Some people in chats during streams tough that W3 was harder than those games :D
But everyone is different, so that might not be the same for ya.

Anyway, you can alwyas change the dificulty if it's too hard or easy whenever you like I read.

Yikes. Maybe they just weren't used to the combat system though...? I found TW2 unforgiving as hell at first, was getting my ass kicked all over the place even at the first real encounter until it finally "clicked" (or rather, I learned about the importance of ROLLING EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES). Then it just got easier and easier from there. I know TW3 supposedly has a less awkward learning curve though, which is great.

Neonglitz

Banned
Hmph...2 days hype after 2 days another game another thread many will even leave this game midway and start another game. There are less people who play a game to enjoy rest play to showoff & I disrespect & hate the later.
There will be many who even don't now anything about the first two parts.

Are there any unpacking videos or pictures of the collectors edition strategy guide?

Hmph...2 days hype after 2 days another game another thread many will even leave this game midway and start another game. There are less people who play game to enjoy rest play to showoff & I disrespect & hate the later.

No need to be so bitter, each to their own.

aravuus

Hmph...2 days hype after 2 days another game another thread many will even leave this game midway and start another game. There are less people who play a game to enjoy rest play to showoff & I disrespect & hate the later.

Wtf

Do you get a steamkey if you buy this on gog by any chance?

No

Denton

Please, tell us more from your infinite well of wisdom.

thuGG_pl

Is that a collection of some random words?

SlBrdBk.gif

Do you get a steamkey if you buy this on gog by any chance?

GOG have their own Steam competitor, GOG Galaxy, so it wouldn't make sense for them to distribute Steam keys.
They give you the option to download a totally DRM free copy, though, which you can always add to your Steam library if you feel so inclined :)

Zakalwe

Banned

"Play to show off". What?

Regardless: why?

Newman96

Wish there was a way to tell a quests level before I take it off the notice board, keep picking up quests I'm way underleveled for!

That's a cool story, Dandelion.

Wait, if you turnoff both Undiscovered POI in hud options and filter them on the map they still show up? Thats weird.

Ok, I finally understand what happened.

The italian translation is a little bit off here, and a simple option became one of those riddle like question where yes is no and no is yes :D.

Changing the text language help me figured out how to change this setting.

So, dear italian gaffer, the right answer is Off/No

SZ5iPGr.jpg

Mendrox

Yikes. Maybe they just weren't used to the combat system though...? I found TW2 unforgiving as hell at first, was getting my ass kicked all over the place even at the first real encounter until it finally "clicked" (or rather, I learned about the importance of ROLLING EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES). Then it just got easier and easier from there. I know TW3 supposedly has a less awkward learning curve though, which is great.

I still roll or dodge in Witcher 3 all the time. Dodging just seems better, because you don't use stamina for it and you also dodge attacks easily. Game is not that easy if you are underequiped or just try to attack... it is more like Souls in that regards that you have to watch out and use the best strategy.

Sane_Man

Are you drunk?

OmegaDL50

so..the missing files that will be released on midnight are very small right?
i fear for the gog servers and my shitty connection :(

I feel you.
I hope it's just a dozen of mbs activation download.

They just DID a server test a few days ago in the form of a giveaway to test their new infrastructure they setup.

http://www.reddit.com/r/patientgame...rpatientgamers_were_giving_away_8k_copies_of/

I don't think they will run into any issues, They prepared for this more or less.

grimmiq

Oh god, I just saw the censored/uncensored comparison and now I'm paranoid that my Digital version from EU store (AUS) is going to have stupid modern panties when it unlocks in 2hrs..

Mawarup

Neo Member
Awesome OT and thank you to the one who created it. Excited for it but I have to end up leaving for work only to come home to be on the near hours of the unlock! How does parrying fare compared to W2? Anyone finding it easier to do so or is it the same? I had a hard time doing it in W2, though that might have been how it was controlled as I could never get past the tutorial in W2 because I couldn't parry.

Just reading through the OT, and apologies if this is a well known thing as I'm new to the witcher, but 'elder speech' is just Welsh isn't it?

OmegaDL50

You'd probably have a lot less stress if you played the way you want to play a game, and worry less how others play their games.

Is this what it feels like to go to work on the day of an anticipated release? Waiting all day knowing that others are playing the shit out of it.

mekes

Is there a huge load after the intro? Because I feel like the game has crashed, its been 10 minutes and the loading bar hasn't filled at all :s

Awesome OT

Hype level 9000, my PS4 is ready for this GOTY! I will play this game the whole year because there is too little free time for this huge game.

just watch it till it hits 0
when it hits 0 you can then play

not sure what time it is there, but that sounds like 7pm to me ... wherever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom