• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Do we know if/when the day one patch is live on GOG Galaxy yet? Or is it going to be one of those things we have to download at midnight? Do we have any idea on size of the download either for this patch?

Savitar

Since my Ce is coming from the US and that's going to take awhile I'm considering actually buying a copy on steam. Go figure eh.

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED.

erawsd

Oh god, I just saw the censored/uncensored comparison and now I'm paranoid that my Digital version from EU store (AUS) is going to have stupid modern panties when it unlocks in 2hrs..

Only the middle east version is censored.

I feel you.
I hope it's just a dozen of mbs activation download.

Well, the activation download is suppose to be tiny but you'll also need the day one patch which'll probably be a few hundred MBs.

allftw

Neo Member
After fighting it, the game gives Geralt the choice
of killing Saskia/Dragon or just walking away. She lives if you walk away, though it doesn't look like it at first

Yeah all this is fresh in my head, I literally finished playing through both choices an hour ago.

Don't click if you don't want to know which choices import to the third game.

I don't think it works that way in W3. As far as I know the game doesn't let you choose whether you killed Saskia or walked away if you say that you went for Triss. So Saskia will probably be dead in both cases.

At least for the consoles I suppose save import on PC can change it.

Angel_DvA

That's OT is "fantastique" !!! You did a really good job and i can't wait to play this, I will use your save because I played Witcher 2 on 360 but I will play Wild Hunt on PC, thanks !

NesFe

I got the game a couple of days ago and I'm currently really enjoying it. One thing though, I feel like the durability of my weapon is decreasing very quickly.

i went into a dungeon early on (level 5 mission I think, I was level 4 )with my sword at 98% and after clearing about 80%, my weapon needed repairing. I had to clear the rest of the dungeon with a weakened sword. That's my only complaint so far.

Tovarisc

I got the game a couple of days ago and I'm currently really enjoying it. One thing though, I feel like the durability of my weapon is decreasing very quickly.

i went into a dungeon early on (level 5 mission I think, I was level 4 )with my sword at 98% and after clearing about 80%, my weapon needed repairing. I had to clear the rest of the dungeon with a weakened sword. That's my only complaint so far.

What level your swords were? I have been wondering if weapon loses durability faster if you use e.g. level 2 sword against level 8 monsters?

aravuus

You can fix em on the road though, right? With a consumable item of some sort

Time to buy some repair kit ;)

DryvBy

Anyone else have a shipment date of Thursday from Amazon if you have the collector's edition pre-ordered?

Oynox

Finally an OT! I was waiting since Friday, the day I had the game, to ask fellow Gaffers owning the game same questions.

So, does anyone know a place where I can get some smaragd dust?
In the hideout where the recipes were, there was only one portion located, but I need a second one to build the other sword

Got mine for ps4 last saturday and have 26hours play-time.

Playing on hardest difficulty and have to say it is challenging and thats how it should be played.

PS
A little tipp for new players on highest difficulty
Get to a magicstone place in the startingarea for your first skillpoint and lvl arrow parry. YOU have to get it on very hard or you die on every sidequest you encounter Archers. 2nd upgrade should be +500 vit passiv

So this is an 8PM unlock for us US east coasters right?

So many sites still reporting 7
1 am CET worldwide. The confusion comes from the omission of summer time.

May 19 00:00 a.m. BT (London)
May 19 02:00 a.m. UT (Moscow)
May 19 08:00 a.m. JT (Tokyo)
May 18 04:00 p.m. PST (Los Angeles)
May 18 07:00 p.m. EST (New York)

Anyone else have a shipment date of Thursday from Amazon if you have the collector's edition pre-ordered?
I preordered CE from Amazon.co.uk to a German address, and it still hasn't shipped.

This is what it say on my orders page:
Dispatch estimate: Monday, 18 May 2015
Delivery estimate: Wednesday, 20 May 2015 - Thursday, 21 May 2015

Btw,
Finally an OT! I was waiting since Friday, the day I had the game, to ask fellow Gaffers owning the game same questions.

So, does anyone know a place where I can get some smaragd dust? Got only one portion in the
hideout of the viper school
, but need two for both sowrds...
I think you could spoiler tag that part of your post, since it is kinda spoilerish.

DryvBy

I preordered CE from Amazon.co.uk to a German address, and it still hasn't shipped.

This is what it say on my orders page:

Mine is showing Thursday for shipping. Contacted their support and might just try again later because I don't think the guy understood that I always get my games on release date.

Not shipped either btw.

Mine is showing Thursday for shipping. Contacted their support and might just try again later because I don't think the guy understood that I always get my games on release date.

Not shipped either btw.
I really hope they ship mine today, and that it arrives before Friday, since that's the day when my family's leaving their home (where CE should arrive) for couple of weeks...

Mendrox

Got mine for ps4 last saturday and have 26hours play-time.

Playing on hardest difficulty and have to say it is challenging and thats how it should be played.

PS
A little tipp for new players on highest difficulty
Get to a magicstone place in the startingarea for your first skillpoint and lvl arrow parry. YOU have to get it on very hard or you die on every sidequest you encounter Archers. 2nd upgrade should be +500 vit passiv

PS just dodge, easily dodgeable

Boof

Are stores like brick and mortar stores like Target or Walmart releasing this at 8:00 pm today too or thats just online?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
fb_img_1431953262437qnrpg.jpg

got to play a little

Kosh

Not shipped either btw.

I ordered the one that comes with the comic. It says shipping today, delivered by 8pm tomorrow.

Oynox

I think you could spoiler tag that part of your post, since it is kinda spoilerish.

Sorry for that. I put some tags down there. Even though, I thought I already wrote it without spoilers. As soon as you find the place I am talking about (which is frankly said not difficult) you will find said ingredients and schemes. And luckily, my "spoiler" is nothing gamebreaking or story related.

And there is no viper school in the starting area of the game. It just an old hideout connected with a treasure hunt quest

Anyway, I am looking for a second portion of smaragd dust, I already got the inevitable one.

Thanks ColonialRaptor for the superb OT!

I had absolutely no interest in the Game nor did I read into a single Thread regarding the Game until this morning, when I woke up a bit early and had nothing better to do, than open up your OT.
And after browsing over the pictures and reading the Infos of the Game, I was really hyped for it and had to preorder the Game.
Thank God it gets released tomorrow, so I didn't have to wait for a long time. I went even so far that I bought me a Witcher Book for my Kindle to ease the itch.

So once again, thank you for giving me my RPG-Itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom