• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Bleh, the new patch crashes more often than 1.02. I averaged maybe one crash per 10 hours on it but I've crashed 4 times in maybe two hours now. All of them happened in conversations too.

Shouta

Man, since I haven't been doing the main quest as much, I've been leveling slow so the level 13 weapon designs I have are just sitting there and they're Relic level ones, lol.

Quen is seriously the best Sign early on because you don't have the resources to pick off enemies easily so it turns into a brawl with the monsters. Quen saves you so much when you miss your dodges.

They also need to tweak the base deterioration rates. They're really fast now. Also, is there a respec option?

How do I upgrade my persuasion skill? I can't select certain dialogue options due to it being low.

Upgrade Axii for some more options, I believe.

realcZk

Man, since I haven't been doing the main quest as much, I've been leveling slow so the level 13 weapon designs I have are just sitting there and they're Relic level ones, lol.

Quen is seriously the best Sign early on because you don't have the resources to pick off enemies easily so it turns into a brawl with the monsters. Quen saves you so much when you miss your dodges.

They also need to tweak the base deterioration rates. They're really fast now. Also, is there a respec option?

You can buy a potion from
Kiera
that will allow you to respec, costs 1000 orens.

BraXzy

Has anyone tried tinkering with SweetFX? Some of the presets on the usual site look alright but have the typical over sharpened look.

When I get time I think I'll have a go myself messing around with it, I think a slight reduction in green colouring and a bit of extra sharpening would be nice.

They're so insanely big though. I mean yeah, in practice it's not literally one big open world. But Novigrad + Velen is phenomenally huge. As big as an open world needs to be. And it's one of two.

Yes. TW2 creates an autosave of the complete end game state.

Yeah, I'd get the complaint if the individual areas weren't that big but we're talking about such massives sizes here that one of them could've been the whole game and nobody would bat an eyelash.

They're so insanely big though. I mean yeah, in practice it's not literally one big open world. But Novigrad + Velen is phenomenally huge. As big as an open world needs to be. And it's one of two.

Yes. TW2 creates an autosave of the complete end game state.

OK, thanks. I picked the highest number auto save, hopefully that was the right one.

ironcreed

Banned
8ZD4sE4.jpg

Nice.

iNvid02

So I remembered someone asking whether or not you can find monsters that are stronger than you randomly out in the wild. Earlier I was just exploring stuff and I came across this hill. At the base of it was a level 14 Wyvern, and at the top was this thing which was level 19. I was only a level 11 when I killed it. For anyone that wants to know, it's a
Cyclops

yeah i was checking out some question marks in velen and came across a
basilisk and wyvern
in close proximity to one another, saved my game and gave it a shot but got rekt.

Sorian

Banned
A friend made a version-independent weight mod if anyone's interested. You just drag and drop the contents of the zip file to your bin\x64 folder and it makes all the items weigh a value of 0.01. It should work on future updates of the game unless some significant changes are made to how the game calculates item weight.

Release: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/releases/latest

Source code: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/

Quoting for later, thanks.

Thanks to whoever talked about the cat school upgrade. I have all light armor and the 100% crit chance boost plus maxing out my light attack makes me kill things so easily. The
werewolf
got taken out in 10 seconds.

how are you guys going through equipment like butter. You dont need to kill everything in sight. I crafted a velen long sword and i have been using it for 3 hours and its only at 80%.

Hristi

A friend made a version-independent weight mod if anyone's interested. You just drag and drop the contents of the zip file to your binx64 folder and it makes all the items weigh a value of 0.01. It should work on future updates of the game unless some significant changes are made to how the game calculates item weight.

Release: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/releases/latest

Source code: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/

There any way to increase the chance of finishers like decapitation?

realcZk

Um,
What if she is no longer part of my game?

Yeah that's a good question, as she's sorta unavailable for me as well. Hopefully its purchasable from other merchants, I wouldn't think it would be unique to her, but I'm not sure. Have you checked any herbalists?

Shouta

Fuck. Left already.Hopefully there's another option.

Well, if you finished that quest line...
And had her go to Kaer Morhen, then maybe she'll be there? That's assuming I'll get to go there sometime in the game. I assume maybe some other Alchemists will have it as you meet them. At least I hope, lol.
I'm past that part too so that's what I'm hoping. D=

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, I'd get the complaint if the individual areas weren't that big but we're talking about such massives sizes here that one of them could've been the whole game and nobody would bat an eyelash.

Yep. I honestly prefer it this way as well. As they were able to give us a lot more of the world. It is an absolute monster and a meticulously crafted one at that.

Is it just me or does the difficulty ramp up significantly
after you get past the 'tutorial' area and commence the main storyline
?

I have no clue where to go right now because it seems everywhere I do go there's packs of enemies who can easily destroy me.

Well, if you finished that quest line...
And had her go to Kaer Morhen, then maybe she'll be there? That's assuming I'll get to go there sometime in the game. I assume maybe some other Alchemists will have it as you meet them. At least I hope, lol.
I'm past that part too so that's what I'm hoping. D=
Yeah that's me as well right now. We should be able to.

Bytes

Can anyone help me out, please?

I am currently at
Fyke
island, doing the
Towerful of Mice
quest. I found a spot where Geralt says I can use the
magic lamp
, but no interaction prompt appears, nor can I find the item in my inventory. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Jolkien

I am currently at
Fyke
island, doing the
Towerful of Mice
magic lamp
, but no interaction prompt appears, nor can I find the item in my inventory. Does anyone know what I need to do?

He probably auto equipped it because you have a pocket spot that was empty. Check the bottom of your radial menu.

friday

I finally beat the quest!! Patience is absolutely required for this quest. Wraiths are quite annoying on Death March.

Don't know if your talking about Family Matters or not, but that one wave fight was pissing me off. I don't have issues dodging most of the enemies so far, but wraiths are a pain. They seem to have a long range.

benzy

I am currently at
Fyke
island, doing the
Towerful of Mice
magic lamp

Equip the lamp, the same way you equip a torch, bombs, and crossbow. Then use the lamp by pressing R1 (ps4 vresion)

realcZk

There any way to increase the chance of finishers like decapitation?

I think he might eventually setup the mod so that theres a config file where you can put in any function name that the game's scripts call like "GetItemMaxDurability" or "GetItemWeight" and then the value you want them to return. If theres a function that will affect the chance of decapitation you could definitely include it there if it works similarly.

There is a trophy in the game that gives you +10%

Tacitus_

The fuck, 4 crashes within an hour. Three clean CTDs and now topped off with a complete lockup. Game was running like a dream before I updated the game and video drivers.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Couple hours in and how in the hell the do I heal? Should I be crafting potions, or buying bread/food from the merchants?

Use food/drink until you find the ingredients to craft the swallow potion. The potions will autorefill when you meditate, as long as you have alcohest in your inventory.

educator

I'm rather confused about (side quest spoiler incoming)
'Thou shall not pass'. I met the shady merchant but ultimately got his brother killed which made him not give me a pass into town. The quest tells me to find a new way to receive a pass, but does not show where.

Anyone know what and where I should go?

Shouta

Is it just me or does the difficulty ramp up significantly
after you get past the 'tutorial' area and commence the main storyline
?

I have no clue where to go right now because it seems everywhere I do go there's packs of enemies who can easily destroy me.

It's because the world opens up and you can encounter all kinds of strong critters. I actually really like that the world isn't sectioned off into areas where the monsters are of a certain level. I ran into a Dragon circling overhead already thanks to this, lol

I really wish you could get a compass on the hud. I don't want the minimap, but I would like to know what is north.

Set the map to not rotate. It'll always point North that way.

Tukker

I caved, I got 9999 carry capacity now :D. Fuck travelling between spots just to sell your loot. Thats such a waste of time. I wanna explore and have fun not play inventory management simulator.

Ferrio

Banned
Funny how you start to get used to the weight of the character. I don't really run into shit anymore...except if I'm swimming.

ironcreed

Banned
'Thou shall not pass'. I met the shady merchant but ultimately got his brother killed which made him not give me a pass into town. The quest tells me to find a new way to receive a pass, but does not show where.

A guard over to the left of where you found the merchant will give you a quest. Check the board there for the Woodland Beast contract.

demon326

Ha, that quest... Funny one.. Solution in spoiler:
Go further down the road(stay in the camp), there is a Nilf captain that has a quest for you(check the notice board to be sure) and finish it, upon finishing the quest you should receive a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom