• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

I dismantled my starting armor (kaer mordhen?) before I realized it was upgradable 3 levels. Anyone know how to get another one?

Hristi

I think he might eventually setup the mod so that theres a config file where you can put in any function name that the game's scripts call like "GetItemMaxDurability" or "GetItemWeight" and then the value you want them to return. If theres a function that will affect the chance of decapitation you could definitely include it there if it works similarly.

There is a trophy in the game that gives you +10%

That would really be awesome if it works that way. Yup just got it from that boss.

PreFire

I agree, especially with the swimming. Which is ridiculous.

Thought I was alone on this. Swimming sucks balls

I'm scraping the ground when trying to swim forward.

Why can't they just make it so you press the swim button and he goes forward instead of doing nothing

Staf

Ugh, i love this game but... I'm stuck in a cave on a main story mission, died like 20 times which is super frustrating with the extremely long loading after each death. I'm only level 5 but i think i've got a weak ass build as well, focus on the shield and stun signs.

Don't have a save before i went down to this cave either. Think i'll give up for the night. Give it a few tries tomorrow again and i'll just restart the game if this continues.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Thought I was alone on this. Swimming sucks balls

I'm scraping the ground when trying to swim forward.

Why can't they just make it so you press the swim button and he goes forward instead of doing nothing

I end up shimmy zig zagging, or swimming directly into the ground, or backflipping like I'm trying to summon my inner dolphin.

Furyous

You can buy a potion from
Kiera
that will allow you to respec, costs 1000 orens.

Thanks to whoever talked about the cat school upgrade. I have all light armor and the 100% crit chance boost plus maxing out my light attack makes me kill things so easily. The
werewolf
got taken out in 10 seconds.

Thanks guys for the info! Am I the only one that lurks this thread for good tips?

Enough lurking for info. It's time to contribute!

The merchant in White Orchard near the guard post sells saddlebags if you need them. Also, Sun and Stars is really useful. It replenishes vitality 10 points per second in the day and regenerates stamina one point per second during combat. You can loot in front of guards. Just wait until 12:47 AM when everyone is asleep and not guarding their posts.

*EDIT*

Saw someone ask about finding Saltpeter earlier. Complete the Devil in the Well side quest. Take the reward or decline it then go talk to the herbalist. She gives you 50 crowns and boatload of herbs including four Saltpeter plants.

---

I'm struggling to make Witcher 2 decisions. Is Triss alive in Witcher 3 if Geralt doesn't save her? Is there an easy way to find Dwarven spirit? I changed my mind and decided to grind potions before leaving White Orchard. Which two potions would you make between Cat, White Honey, and Specter Oil? Where can I find Mahamaken spirit?

Where's the DLC horse armor located?

foxtrot3d

Banned
On PC? Identical. Rock steady 30fps at 1440p/Ultra no Hairworks.

Anyone else find the side content lacking? Sure, it's head and tails ahead of shite like Skyrim, but there's nout memorable, and nothing lasting more than 10 or so minutes so far. Maybe it'll change further into the game, but I miss the days where RPGs had side quest-chains that'd rival those of a modern RPGs main quest.

How far are you into the game? I can tell you the content is pretty substantial and meaty some of them so good and long that I have to check that they are actually side quests and not main quest lines.

Don't know if your talking about Family Matters or not, but that one wave fight was pissing me off. I don't have issues dodging most of the enemies so far, but wraiths are a pain. They seem to have a long range.
Exactly the quest I'm talking about. I don't think Wraiths should be put in a group; it just needlessly frustrates the player since wraiths can constantly teleport. The mission story wise it is awesome though. Character development and lore tidbits. Enemy encounter leaves a lot to be desired.
I am Valen level 5. I hope this is the right thread.

Does anybody know an effective way to make money and a way to get silver ores?
I'd like to know this too. The amount of money you get is insulting low while things are expensive.

All these complaints about crashes post patch are worrying, game was running like a charm for me, I'll have to see how it goes tonight.

boskee

That moment when you realise that the Rotfiend you just killed is about to explode, your HP is at critical low and you roll back just in time. Phew.

Exactly the quest I'm talking about. I don't think Wraiths should be put in a group; it just needlessly frustrates the player since wraiths can constantly teleport. The mission story wise it is awesome though. Character development and lore tidbits. Enemy encounter leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd like to know this too. The amount of money you get is insulting low while things are expensive.

The story, lore and characters are infinitely better than the combat.

It's the only thing keeping me interested. The combat is a chore.

Kaversmed

Wait you can upgrade armor? Where?

I would like to know this as well. Is there any way to see if a certain piece of armor is upgradable?

Also, fuck Wraiths!

I've not seen any upgrades, but I assume it is a diagram for an enhanced version of the armor, where one of the base materials is the lower leveled armor.

Ahh that's cool! Again, how do I know if a certain piece of armor I have will be upgradeable later? I can't keep it all in my inventory :D

ironcreed

Banned
How is a towerful of mice just a side quest. holy this game!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13092-1402997213-12-did-littlefinger-predict-the-ending-to-game-of-thrones-season-4.gif

Shouta

Ugh, i love this game but... I'm stuck in a cave on a main story mission, died like 20 times which is super frustrating with the extremely long loading after each death. I'm only level 5 but i think i've got a weak ass build as well, focus on the shield and stun signs.

Don't have a save before i went down to this cave either. Think i'll give up for the night. Give it a few tries tomorrow again and i'll just restart the game if this continues.

Shield is like the most important skill early on. Are you in that Velen main quest cave?

I want to play gwent, but I'm getting my ass kicked by the most insane cards.

A card that summons all similar named cards, so instantly the other person has 50 strength in one turn.

MihowZa

Banned
The Baron and his fellas are damned affable in one scene and laughing and joking and completely rude and willing to kill the next, can't tell if bad writing or nuanced.

It was for me,
until my choices led to me having no choice but to kill her after the romantic evening.
This game does not mess around.

Same thing happened to me. I made myself a promise that I'm not reloading my saves for any choice-based consequences, and I'm sticking to that.

After installing Patch 1.03 the game crashes when I start it, a black screen pops up for a second and back to Windows.

I repair the game and says everything's fine.

It was for me,
until my choices led to me having no choice but to kill her after the romantic evening.
This game does not mess around.

How did you end up killing her? For me
the quest ended with me tracking her to Fyke Island and convincing her to go to Kaer Mohren

Shouta

Yeah that's the one.

Ah, then you should be able to handle it if you only go in when your shield is up and focus on dodging enemy attacks while weaving in a few strikes as necessary. Which section are you having trouble with in that cave?

Dahbomb

Got this game on PS4.

I have got the loading screen hang up. I tried 3 methods so far:

*Booted the game up first time with the online patch installed. Resulted in a very long opening loading time, stuttering cutscenes and then the loading screen hang up.

*Used the turn off PS4 and unplug cord trick. Didn't work.

*Uninstalled the game, turned off my internet connection and re-installed the game without the day 1 patch. Same issue, still hangs at the loading screen right after the opening cinematic.

Anything else I can do? Should I try to install the day 1 patch now? At least the game boots quick now.

ironcreed

Banned
the quest ended with me tracking her to Fyke Island and convincing her to go to Kaer Mohren

I followed her to Fyke as well after I woke up. From there I told her that I felt used and hated two faced snakes (choose that you do not like her anymore). Then I demanded that she hand over the records and she attacked, leaving me no choice.

Staf

Ah, then you should be able to handle it if you only go in when your shield is up and focus on dodging enemy attacks while weaving in a few strikes as necessary. Which section are you having trouble with in that cave?

First it was the water hag which i got passed with the help of Igni after like 10 tries. Now it's the damn wraiths that are butchering me.

I think I chose the "You used me" option. Which led to Geralt insulting her hardcore, which pissed her off, so when I told her I couldn't let her take those, she only ever decided to attack me. I wasn't given the option to send her anywhere.

Acinixys

They're so insanely big though. I mean yeah, in practice it's not literally one big open world. But Novigrad + Velen is phenomenally huge. As big as an open world needs to be. And it's one of two.

Im not even upset about the map not being connected

Just running around White Orchid made me feel like I was in a living world WAY more than Skyrim or DA ever did

The fact that you can walk for 5 minutes and encounter nothing but wilderness is freaking amazing.

Also, hot damn I love this games sound track

That sound bite that plays when you complete a quest

mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

I followed her to Fyke as well after I woke up. From there I told her that I felt used and hated two faced snakes (choose that you do not like her anymore). Then I demanded that she hand over the records and she attacked, leaving me no choice.

I think I chose the "You used me" option. Which led to Geralt insulting her hardcore, which pissed her off, so when I told her I couldn't let her take those, she only ever decided to attack me. I wasn't given the option to send her anywhere.

Well, shit.

Yeesh!
I should go back to meet her at the tower, I continued elsewhere after I woke up.

GravyButt

So do the potions refill automatically during meditation even if you dont have anymore ingredients? Normal difficulty btw. Still level one and just did the devil by the well quest and food wasn't really cutting it. I did do it in my first try though, yay me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom