• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have finished the White Orchard chapter:

Is it possible to avoid killing the bandits/deserters who attack you in the bar? I tried to sheath my weapons, but they would be immediately unsheathed right after. 99% sure you have to kill those guys... which is too bad.

I don't think it can be avoided.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Is it possible to avoid killing the bandits/deserters who attack you in the bar? I tried to sheath my weapons, but they would be immediately unsheathed right after. 99% sure you have to kill those guys... which is too bad.

I think it's possible, if you choose the right dialog. I chose to buy them a drink, and they accepted. Afterwards, I could leave, with no problems. I chose to go over to them and spam talk to them, they got up, then I had to either run, or fight. If you're already in the situation where they're ready to fight, I think you have to, or run.

EDIT: I didn't try running, so I don't know if they're still aggressive when you come back.

Speaking of that section:

Vesemir is a total badass! He cut two guys in half with one swing in my game. No idea if it can be avoided though.

Number45

Man this thread move fast! :eek:

Has there been any word on the PS4 broken Gwent tutorial crash thing or should I just decline when I play later?

Question for those who have finished the first area
White Orchard

Is there a way into the locked windmill? It's the only place I haven't figured out and I want to move on.

Acinixys

GAH that werewolf in that Neillen mission is a real son of a bitch. I clear the room, keep a steady hit rate on him but sometime after the midpoint it starts to regen its health faster than I can hit it. I keep the blade oiled and have Devils puffballs and fire hits going out but I can't get him below the last quarter of health.

AFAIK you have to
craft a silver bomb so he stops regening. Its the only way to beat him . Im also stuck on that quest because I have no idea how to craft it. Im hoping you find out later. I just left him under his house.

Question for those who have finished the first area
White Orchard

Is there a way into the locked windmill? It's the only place I haven't figured out and I want to move on.
No there isnt

benzy

ooyaef.gif

Beefy

Just seen my first Earth elemental near some guarded treasure. The thing had ?? as it's level so I just ran, but it looked a good design tho.

AFAIK you have to
craft a silver bomb so he stops regening. Its the only way to beat him . Im also stuck on that quest because I have no idea how to craft it. Im hoping you find out later. I just left him under his house.

No there isnt

Damn that's a shame. Thx anyway.

Leveling up takes quite a long amount of time in this game. It's not a problem for me but I certainly am getting used to it compared to other RPGs.

NeonBlack

Towerful of mice question

Could Graham had lived? I think there was an option to bring her to him instead of vice versa but I didn't think it was a good idea to let her off the island. I feel kinda bad bringing him to his death.

Damn that first griffin fight was a challenge for me. Took 6 tries to finally beat the griffin.

I managed to beat him my first try, but this was after doing everything I could in White Orchard. Including dying *a lot* while fighting drowners, deserters, ghouls and wraiths.

I was down to a sliver of health before stunning him and scoring a critical hit.

Melchiah

Its way better than DA:I

But Bloodbornes combat is smoother

If you like BB and DA I say go for it

There have been 3 patches since release already

So the game should quickly get all the small niggles polished out

Yeah, The Witcher 3 definitely has a much more deliberate pace to the combat, which takes some getting used, especially when coming from something like Bloodborne, which thrives on having really tight and responsive controls.

Thanks for answering. I guess I'll give it a go tomorrow, and sell it if it's not to my taste. It does sound very promising that it's supposedly better than DA:I, which was one of my top games last year.

Can you change hairstyle without shaving your beard? Think I wanna change to the shaved sides hairstyle I saw in screenshots, but I'm not willing to sacrifice this beard

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
AFAIK you have to

No there isnt
Argh, that's frustrating.

Sorian

Banned
Towerful of mice question

Could Graham had lived? I think there was an option to bring her to him instead of vice versa but I didn't think it was a good idea to let her off the island. I feel kinda bad bringing him to his death.

No, you made the right call. If you do it the other way, Graham still dies and you release the pesta out into the world.

Pachimari

Oh my goodness this game looks ballers! And that's only on High on my PC. Love it so far but haven't played much more than until White Orchard and skipping all cutscenes. Gotta start properly tomorrow.

Cathcart

Hmm, might have to stop reading the thread. I know "there's a tower full of mice" isn't a huge spoiler but it's the kind of thing I'd just like to come across rather than walking around with a list of things I know are going to happen at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was that small Witcher 3 patch on steam the patch with a bunch of fxes someone made a thread about days ago?

Ghost23

The swamp area is a framerate mess on consoles. Glad I'm done with that area for now(story spoilers)
Until I help Baron find Anna. Doing it for the gold.

Lingitiz

Should we have a separate thread for the PC mods/tweaks coming out? Would be nice to have them in one place instead of combing through the OT.

Just reached Ard Skellig. That whole moment was very evocative of the Mexico scene in RDR. Amazing atmosphere and a welcome change from Velen. The track that plays is incredible.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Should we have a separate thread for the PC mods/tweaks coming out? Would be nice to have them in one place instead of combing through the OT.

I don't know if the mods would like yet another Witcher thread. lol. I would like a separate place to find them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom