• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

Started playing the game on PS4. Got stuck in a corner 5 minutes after starting the game, it then crashed twice in the span of 40 minutes. Rough start.

BLunted

Banned
Anyone else's GOG Galaxy client showing a 19-hour-long unlock time in the game's library page? Wonder what's going on with that.

Yeah, mine says 16 hours, but assuming that is just a glitch, as Galaxy is still in beta. The storefront has a countdown clock as to when it unlocks.

So does anyone know if the XP is similar to W2 or have they made it even harsher? In W2, you'd barely see the XP bar move with each kill but it did move if you paid attention.

I just don't want killing random mobs to feel utterly pointless. As long as I'm getting something... (And, no, stupid hides I can sell don't count! You always end up with like 3 billion gold you can't really spend on anything in every RPG. I need dat XP nectar.)

I've been playing the game over the weekend on the 2nd to hardest difficulty setting and you don't score that much XP from killing random enemies out on the road at all, but I'm chalking that down to the difficulty I'm playing on.

abundant

I've been playing the game over the weekend on the 2nd to hardest difficulty setting and you don't score that much XP from killing random enemies out on the road at all, but I'm chalking that down to the difficulty I'm playing on.

IIRC, it's like that for all difficulties. You're going to get the bulk of your XP through side/main quests.

RDreamer

Oh man, today's the day!

I haven't been this excited for a release since MGS4.

The second this unlocks I'm playing like 6+ hours straight. Taking off tomorrow for more, too!

Oynox

The LE is amazing - from the quality of the statue down to the incredible playing cards. I´m so fucking glad I bought this!

I was interested in Gwent only... but I did not want to pay a fortune, just for a game. Hopefully, I will find someone selling Gwent separately.

Mikeside

The LE is amazing - from the quality of the statue down to the incredible playing cards. I´m so fucking glad I bought this!

I was so upset to cancel my LE order and go standard, but I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and proposing, so the money is probably better saved for that. Ahh well, at least I've got my Steam pre-order unlocking tonight.

Hammer24

Banned
I was interested in Gwent only... but I did not want to pay a fortune, just for a game. Hopefully, I will find someone selling Gwent separately.

I´d say good luck to that plan. The cards are an art book by themselves - if someone sells them, then probably for a premium.

erawsd

Hmm, sure it wasn't a part of a quest? I haven't been receiving xp for killing random monsters (I dont think)

In one of the early Q+As they said that you gain exp from killing monsters until you've filled in all their weaknesses on the Beastiary. I've never seen it mentioned again but since some people are saying they do get exp and others are saying they don't, I wonder if that is still the case.

I have a physical preorder, but now that I see the game will be unlocking at 7pm edt I'm thinking of going digital. I was gonna go to the midnight release since there's gonna be a rainstorm tomorrow morning. Ugh, I dislike doing digital for new games though:/

For anyone playing on PS4, are the framerate/pacing issues bad enough to suggest waiting for another pitch in the near future? I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I don't mind some slight framerate drops, but stuttering from framepacing issues will drive me mad.

No stuttering on my end. Only in the comic video sequences but i think thats when it loads from the BD-Drive

robatw

Yo i am really frustrated. What can you do when you are in a very long linear questline with no potions? (I used every potion on an enemy i fought for like 15 minutes) The difficulty is just all over the place and you never know if you can beat an enemy easy or if it takes 10 minutes.

I def. don't want to load a savegame from like 1 hour ago. I think i am fucked.

patapuf

Yo i am really frustrated. What can you do when you are in a very long linear questline with no potions? (I used every potion on an enemy i fought for like 15 minutes) The difficulty is just all over the place and you never know if you can beat an enemy easy or if it takes 10 minutes.

I def. don't want to load a savegame from like 1 hour ago. I think i am fucked.

Set the game to medium or easy. Meditate. You regain full health.

Take note that enemies don't scale to your level. If you encounter a badass monster that can kill you easily you probably want to run away and come back later.

Enordash

Took an avatar. Hopefully no one has claimed it yet. I'll change it otherwise.

I have an extra code for a PC copy of the game. If anyone here wants it, PM me a funny joke and it's yours.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
AtVB07d.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wait, you have been playing it all this while?!

I wish :(. We received retail PS4 code today, so I fucked around with it a bit at a mate's. Played about an hour. Already know I'm going to completely lose myself in the game. It feels so, so good to play.

viveks86

unlocked and playing on an Aussie PS4.

Early countdown was real.

K9E9l04.jpg

o_O

I wish :(. We received retail PS4 code today, so I fucked around with it a bit at a mate's. Played about an hour. Already know I'm going to completely lose myself in the game. It feels so, so good to play.

Nice! So close!!! I'm a little worried that I'm not going to have enough headroom for ini tweaks at 4K. PCGH benchmarks are way off Nvidia's :/

robatw

Take note that enemies don't scale to your level. If you encounter a badass monster that can kill you easily you probably want to run away and come back later.

I play on medium, i know about meditate. The thing is i am stuck in a completely linear questline. there is no way to run back. (that questline is pretty bad too)

I don't know man. Besides i had crashes, framedrops and worse loadingtimes after death than bloodborne.

Started playing the game on PS4. Got stuck in a corner 5 minutes after starting the game, it then crashed twice in the span of 40 minutes. Rough start.

Dont even need that. You can recover potions if you have any kind of alcohol and meditate. It refreshes all potions and bombs.

I played 26h on hardest difficulty and died 2 times.. because i never played witcher 2 and had to find out the best early strategi / skills xD otherwise the difficulty is ok ;)

K_B

I'm kind of regretting preordering the physical when the digital copy unlocks at 8 tonight. It may be for the best as I absolutely would have blown off the work I have to do to play this game.

Raptor

For anyone playing on PS4, are the framerate/pacing issues bad enough to suggest waiting for another pitch in the near future? I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I don't mind some slight framerate drops, but stuttering from framepacing issues will drive me mad.

God damn it, I have the mouse cursor on the checkout button but if therei s stuttering I will wait instead.

:(

Someone ccould tell me if this si anywhere close to how FarCry 3 was on 360? a stuttering mess.

The downgrade thread is depressing. Why I spent time in their is beyond me. I guess I just can't take the waiting. Also, for anyone playing it. I've basically been playing bloodborne for a month, so it's the game im coming hot off. What difficulty should I play on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom