• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone bought the Target version of the game and got the free strategy guide? I'm willing to trade a $5 Target gift card for the digital code.

Also people are claiming light armor is best for sign users because your stamina recovers faster without the need of the skill.

grave_danger

Neo Member
I think I suck at video games these days. I am regularly getting killed by stuff. Also the framerate on the PS4 does not help.

Thank God I didn't buy Bloodborne.

Chariot

Have we heard of any of The Witcher 3 devs after all these awesome reviews and and the great reception of players?! I would love to see or read some reactions from them.

The details and attention and, well everything that was poured into this game, it must be a extreme joy to have all this hard work paid off.
Probably busy having to read peole like this: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-up-quot-with-PC-buyers?p=1688063#post1688063

ffs, he literally god a masterrace avatar.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
I think I suck at video games these days. I am regularly getting killed by stuff. Also the framerate on the PS4 does not help.

Thank God I didn't buy Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is much easier than this game.

I've read the first two books and they are excellent. They sucked me right in and I couldn't put them down.

Thats great to hear Ill definitely pick them up. I love the whole universe

Question for anyone who has done the side quest called "The Volunteer."

I went to the city to get the paint but I don't see it anywhere in the area specified on the map. Is it bugged or am I looking in the wrong area?

dlauv

I don't think I've ever seen anything as beautiful as the swamps in too many games. Super perfect.

Th battle music down there is beyond fantastic too. I wish that it would play in more locations.

Spent the entire day exploring Novigrad and doing quest in the city. So good. Cities in RPGs are underwhelming 99% of the time, like how the big capital of the empire is 5 buildings, an empty plaza and a couple of huts. But nope, Novigrad actually is the real deal. So good.

iNvid02

Question for anyone who has done the side quest called "The Volunteer."

I went to the city to get the paint but I don't see it anywhere in the area specified on the map. Is it bugged or am I looking in the wrong area?

one of the regular merchants has paint for sale, just take a look at their inventory

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
装甲悪鬼村正;164835615 said:
Spent the entire day exploring Novigrad and doing quest in the city. So good. Cities in RPGs are underwhelming 99% of the time, like how the big capital of the empire is 5 buildings, an empty plaza and a couple of huts. But nope, Novigrad actually is the real deal. So good.

Indeed. To the point where it changes the pacing quite significantly. I'm so used to spotty little "cities" in RPGs with one dimensional quests. Novigrad, on the other hand, is a web. I know if I start questing there I'm going to lose hours without leaving the city walls. Pacing wise it's like a game in itself.

Caja 117

Not even close for me. BB is miles ahead of this in about every area.
The production value and visuals are amazing though.

I have a feeling once the visual splendor has worn off on people you will have a lot more retrospectives on how mediocre the actual gameplay is. I don't know if that happened with other games in the series but considering how they were praised for their new benchmarks in graphics first and foremost I wouldn't be surprised.

ugh, I hate when people use such term to describe something they dont like.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't think I've ever seen anything as beautiful as the swamps in too many games. Super perfect.

They're stunning.

w1etsyt.png

Visceir

Trying to make my way to some haunted house to clear it from monsters I stumble on a cave that leads me through this underground path, full of poisonous gas and wraiths, I fight my way through and get the schematics for a cool armor set. I get out of the cave through an illusion wall and find myself on top of a mountainside, with an intriguing large tree on top of another mountain in my view and a dragon-like monster circling underneath me.

Think this game finally clicked for me.

Would still much rather play as
Ciri
the whole game tho

owlbeak

This game has some of the most realistic looking forests I've ever seen in a game. They nailed it. I don't know exactly what it is, whether it's the density of the trees and foliage, or the light filtering through the treetops or what, but it's perfect.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan

Its of average quality. Perfect way to describe it.
I am making a video of me inputing the actions on the controller and then how long it takes Geralt to react. Plus how long it takes for him to switch animations when say doing a heavy attack and then dive rolling out of the way. Its pretty shocking. For me it feels like I am playing a character under water or something.

That to me is mediocre. To others its heavy and slower paced and methodical but thats just how I feel.

This game has some of the most realistic looking forests I've ever seen in a game. They nailed it. I don't know exactly what it is, whether it's the density of the trees and foliage, or the light filtering through the treetops or what, but it's perfect.

The forests are unbelievable. I love when its windy and you can the trees cracking all around you. Just excellent stuff

Sai

Simply ask her what's she's got to sell. She gives more coin for honeycombs then most other merchants.
There's no "collect 10 of these" Quest here.
Oh, I'll keep that in mind next time I run through the game. Could've used the extra coin.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feeling when you go to sell and notice you looted a relic sword. The text is so small I just spam loot everything and check it at a vendor so it's always a nice surprise finding an upgrade.

Caja 117

...I don't think we will go very far discussing subjective feelings of semantics.

That's the meaning of the word.

ok......

Its of average quality. Perfect way to describe it.
I am making a video of me inputing the actions on the controller and then how long it takes Geralt to react. Plus how long it takes for him to switch animations when say doing a heavy attack and then dive rolling out of the way. Its pretty shocking. For me it feels like I am playing a character under water or something.

That to me is mediocre. To others its heavy and slower paced and methodical but thats just how I feel.

Thats how you feel, perfect, doesnt make the gameplay mediocre. if You dont like it is fine, but others feels is great given past Witcher games, but if my opinion anyway, I just feel is insulting calling it mediocre and people havent noticed this because they still in the honeymoon period, instead of you just saying that You dont like it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i'm always unsure if i should hoard weapons/armors, sell, or dismantle. same with the "junk" items. my geralt is basically living in poverty because i opted to dismantle so many things instead of sell lol

any general tips on that?

artsi

Well honestly I agree with him, the gameplay itself is pretty mediocre IMO.

* Combat isn't anything to tell home about
* Movement is clunky
* Swimming is even more clunky
* Inventory weight and durability are frustrating
* Shops and economy are broken

But the art style, world, story, quests and music keep me playing.

I'm already starting to get annoyed at this game. Killed what I assume is the first boss, that was a pain in the ass considering dodging, rolling or parrying never worked. No idea how the parry works or whether it is ineffective against certain enemies, which would've been a good thing to put in the tutorial if it doesn't. Nearly lost half my health falling about 10 feet, health takes a while to replenish so combat usually devolves into running away for ten seconds, Sign usage basically turns into using the shield over and over because none of the evasive maneuvers work properly.

Not exactly a positive experience for my first Witcher game. Hopefully it'll get better.

Reebot

I'd guess the people who describe the combat as "slow and methodical" in a positive light aren't that familiar with the Witcher universe. Combat should be neither of those two things here.

Brockxz

Does anyone know if there is reduce experience gain with Death March difficulty? I have played about 15 hours, left White Orchid and still have only lvl5.

I'm already starting to get annoyed at this game. Killed what I assume is the first boss, that was a pain in the ass considering dodging, rolling or parrying never worked. No idea how the parry works or whether it is ineffective against certain enemies, which would've been a good thing to put in the tutorial if it doesn't. Nearly lost half my health falling about 10 feet, health takes a while to replenish so combat usually devolves into running away for ten seconds, Sign usage basically turns into using the shield over and over because none of the evasive maneuvers work properly.

Not exactly a positive experience for my first Witcher game. Hopefully it'll get better.

You wanna parry a griffin?

Chinner

Banned

this is definetly the game's fault, and not the players. why can't he parry it bro? how come he has to dodge so much? why isn't there like a qte or something and a dialogue system where blue text means good and red means bad?

i mean, come on/

Just finished Return to Croockback Bog

I'm don't think it ended well. Red Baron hanged himself out of grief, the curse was a trap and there was no way of saving the life of his wife. I decided to free the spirit which saved the orphans but damned the Baron's life at that moment. I could sympathise with every character involved in this quest ie; THe Baron, the murdered Dyrad, Anna and her daughter. The Red Baron was genuinely sorry for what he did. He was a cool dude when he's all sobered up.

Man the consequences really hit hard. I feel bad

Well apparently not but rolling or dodging didn't work either so I was stuck using the Shield Sign instead of something actually interesting.

this is definetly the game's fault, and not the players. why can't he parry it bro? how come he has to dodge so much? why isn't there like a qte or something and a dialogue system where blue text means good and red means bad?

i mean, come on/

What sort of passive-aggressive bullshit is this? I've got the Platinum trophy on Bloodborne, I'm not a fucking idiot.

Salsa

kinda starting to feel like I should leave some sidequests for a second 60fps / Death March playthrough whenever I upgrade my PC

thing is I won't know which are which, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom