• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

For anyone struggling with needing to use a lot of swallow potions/food, instead of always using consumables, upgrade your quen tree to allow you to use it as a shield to regain vitality. The first upgrade kinda sucks because it drains a lot of stamina as you use it, but the second and third upgrades are pretty good. Whenever I get low on health I just pop the shield and let an enemy heal me back up. I hardly use swallows now unless I'm fighting a strong monster or something.

Bloody baron is one of my favorite character ever. Great writing and the voice actor's delivery is perfect.

He looks and sounds soooo much like Mark Addy / Robert Baratheon from Game of Thones. It's not the same voice actor, but I wonder if he was a big source for inspiration. So many similar mannerisms.

Yes, Yennefer is at least 94 years old. How much older n W3, I do not know. Grandpa Geralt and his harem of magical grannies. But we do not know how old Triss is. Probably not a youngling either.

Oh yes, that would be so amazing. Especially if the take what they did in Witcher 3, just overhaul some things like the combat system and give us a bigger and changed open world. That would be so amazing.

Are sorceress immortal? So they just use magic to keep in shape?

frontovik

Banned
I've just finished the Baron storyline in Velen - awesome writing & character development, I felt emotional on more than a few occasions. Kudos to CDPR's writing team! I'm looking forward to more emotional rollercoasters.

I chose to kill the tree spirit and re-united the Baron with his family. His men are now causing trouble as the Baron is away with his wife though...

Out of curiosity, for those who have finished the main storyline, what level were you when completed it?

Shy

Do any of you fine people know where i can get those armour pieces that have the long skirt bits. (like the ones they showed in a lot trailers.) i'm still in velen. please

I've just finished the Baron storyline in Velen - awesome writing & character development, I felt emotional on more than a few occasions. Kudos to CDPR's writing team! I have a feeling there will be more surprises to come.

I chose to kill the tree spirit and re-united the Baron with his family. His men are now causing trouble as the Baron is away with his wife though...

Out of curiosity, for those who have finished the main storyline, what level were you when completed it?

I made the biggest mistake
letting that tree demon go
too late now though Im way too far into the game to change it.

Do any of you fine people know where i can get those armour pieces that have the long skirt bits. (like the ones they showed in a lot trailers.) i'm still in velen. please

Look up Redanian Halbendier's armor. I forgot where I got it tbh but its something you might like. I believe its somewhere around Novigrad.

boskee

game crashed when i almost killed the final boss... i get like 5 crashes a day on ps4...so stupid

Perhaps your PS4 is overheating. I only had the game crash once for me, during Gwent on day 1. I am playing it close to 16 hours a day and had no other crash.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So a little question/discussion for those that have completed the Bloody Baron main quest
So after you find him after he hanged himself, Geralt has a little mono-log where he talks about picking between evils, and he didn't know the choices of freeing the children would eventually get Anna killed. So is there a choice you can make where she lives? I chose to let that tree spirit live and transformed into the horse, because he seemed like a lesser evil than I thought the witches to be, but did anyone kill the tree spirit for the witches? Does it change that story at all? Also I chose the doll with the flower pinned to it, pretty sure that was right, but anyone know what happens if you pick the doll with the bead?

I killed the tree spirit which lead to all the kids in the swamp dying, but Anna survives. Baron doesn't hang himself either, he leaves with her to try and find a healer.

Also that town is fine though the one guy cuts his ear off for the witches, I heard they all die if you free the tree spirit.

Threw a bomb at a drowner from my boat and the bomb practically vaporized the drowner.

v6pu159.png

This game has either shooting stars, or UFO's
0nlGilS.png

fuukkkkkkkkkk my life

work decided to keep me overtime and I cant go back home and play Witcher 3 till much later.

AM I EVER GONNA BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME LOL :(

Maximo

Don't mind if this is Geralts last game, im actually interested in the other Witcher schools and their Witchers. As far as im aware we have only really seen Witchers from the school of the wolf ?

Don't mind if this is Geralts last game, im actually interested in the other Witcher schools and their Witchers. As far as im aware we have only really seen Witchers from the school of the wolf ?

Just about every Witcher is dead and there's like 3-4 Witchers left in the world as far as we know. Geralt is pretty much THE legendary Witcher on his own, which is why everyone knows him.

There are three from the Snake School in Witcher 2 (
Letho and his two cronies, Serrit and Auckes
). There was another Witcher in the first game named Berengar, but looking him up on the Witcher wiki he was apparently a Wolf School guy, too. I agree it'd be really cool to see what went on at the other schools; the way they talk about not getting along with their rival schools could make for some interesting stories.

Jebral

I don't get why everybody hates equipment degradation so much! It's really not extreme at all and it adds to the feeling of preparing for things. To me, anyway.

Anyway, just hit level 10 so I have 6 skill slots with 2 mutagen slots. Used a potion of clearance to set my skills up properly, crafted some good mutagens, crafted some good armor (that matches!) Now I feel like a boss :)

carlsojo

I don't get why everybody hates equipment degradation so much! It's really not extreme at all and it adds to the feeling of preparing for things. To me, anyway.

Anyway, just hit level 10 so I have 6 skill slots with 2 mutagen slots. Used a potion of clearance to set my skills up properly, crafted some good mutagens, crafted some good armor (that matches!) Now I feel like a boss :)

I find new stuff so fast that I barely notice it. When it pops up I'm like oh guess I should switch swords.

Gav47

Just about every Witcher is dead and there's like 3-4 Witchers left in the world as far as we know. Geralt is pretty much THE legendary Witcher on his own, which is why everyone knows him.

Perhaps they could do a prequel, I think I remember reading that the reason there are so few witchers is because there are very few monsters left to hunt. It'd be cool to see Kaer Morhen and the other schools in their hay day.

so it seems all you have to do to refill potions is meditate and have at least one alcohol in stock? that seems really easy.

once you initially create something through alchemy, you don't have to use up those components again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom