• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else know how to level up, like I'm not sure if fast is the right word, but fast? Basically it seems to make the game extra difficult if you aren't the right level for a quest, and I find it slightly annoying that you don't level naturally with the main quest. I am just glad the overworked is so fun to explore otherwise I would be pissed.
Main quests.

Radec

Anybody else know how to level up, like I'm not sure if fast is the right word, but fast? Basically it seems to make the game extra difficult if you aren't the right level for a quest, and I find it slightly annoying that you don't level naturally with the main quest. I am just glad the overworked is so fun to explore otherwise I would be pissed.

Get the serpent sword, it has a bonus exp.

Tacitus_

I think the trade-offs are good.

I think it's a reasonable trade-off, but it feels awkward for now since I've been wearing medium armor before.

I want to see how ursine chest armor with feline boots, feline gloves, and feline pants. To combat the nasty stamina regen. If you ever have the time and armor do you mind showing how it looks.

I'd have to find the recipes first so it'll be a while. Enough running about for today.

Is it just me or are the horse races seem way too easy to the point where they're no fun? I've done quite a few and every time I have to do one it's just boring.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I bought this on Amazon. It says that I should have gotten a World of Witcher Compendium with it? Is it digital? Or is it an actual book that comes with the game because I don't appear to have it?
It should be a small phamplet inside the game box, that comes with the manual and the world map.

Question for those who've beat the game, so obviously major spoilers.

I was kind of in between things when I beat it so I may have missed something perhaps, but it seems both Ciri and Geralt are dead? What happened to there being room for a sequel around Ciri?

Would be cool to see an armor with fur around the neck

o2BQ5kP.jpg

foxtrot3d

Banned

I was kind of in between things when I beat it so I may have missed something perhaps, but it seems both Ciri and Geralt are dead? What happened to there being room for a sequel around Ciri?
Wait, did you actually beat the game? There are 3 distinct ending outcomes, what did you get?

My hunt for the Enhanced Griffin gear has taken me a while. Started in Novigrad, sailed the entire west coast of Velen and then a trek through the swamps. My no fast travel rule is certainly extending my game time.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

There are multiple endings and outcomes. It all depends on choices you have made during the story.

In my ending:
they both lived.

Auctopus

Oh my god, is this Katakan glitch in the Now or Never quest for real?

30 hours progress and now I'm jjst stuck in the sewers until project red can fix it?

CHC

Shit I'm not gonna be able to play all week, out of town on vacation.

I think I'm outta this thread, the temptation of clicking spoilers is just too great....

Salaadin

Funny how in a game about killing monsters, its taking me hours to find a Monster Eye :p

I dont have any other eyeballs to dismantle either. Any ideas? Nothing seems to drop eyes. I know I get them from Nekkers but, now that I need Nekkers, I cant find them anywhere. I would swear that there was a slew of them by Codgers but theres nothing.

Auctopus

Yep, it's real. Unbelievable.

I don't care how much they pack in the standard edition, Ive never encountered so many game breaking bugs in one game.

Ghost23

Funny how in a game about killing monsters, its taking me hours to find a Monster Eye :p

I dont have any other eyeballs to dismantle either. Any ideas? Nothing seems to drop eyes. I know I get them from Nekkers but, now that I need Nekkers, I cant find them anywhere. I would swear that there was a slew of them by Codgers but theres nothing.

Drowners drop eyes as well. Go to the area west of Oxenfurt. You'll find plenty of drowners.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I don't care how much they pack in the standard edition, Ive never encountered so many game breaking bugs in one game.

If you're not playing on Death March then just bring down the difficulty.

You can also stack a lot of buffs, wait until
Triss
hits the mob bringing it's shield down, you hit it with Igni and go ham on it. It's an annoying fight with the current glitch but it's very doable.

Forkball

Is this a glitch. The shrine isn't there?

witcher3%202015-05-24%2010-53-11-76.png

witcher3%202015-05-24%2010-52-57-65.png

The red arrow under the marker means it's below you. Maybe there's a cave somewhere.

I completed the Baron quest. Major spoilers
I killed that thing in the tree. After releasing the pesta I thought maybe I should stop releasing horrors onto the world, plus that thing seemed evil. It whispering to me when I approached the hill was creepy as fuck. How do you trust something like that? I then met the crones. Oh god. So they basically they made Anna take care of those orphans so the witches could eat them? Oh god. When that one was playing with the legs... oh god. I told the Baron and he wanted to march down to the swamp and take his wife back. Seemed like a suicide mission, but I decided to tag along, why not. Fought a trillion drowners and then some huge ass monster called a fiend. Baron is taking his now crazy wife to a healer in the Blue Mountains, and Tamara seems to be content with that but still beholden to the church. Overall, I think things played out well, minus the children being eaten. It was a fascinating storyline. The characters had their moments of awfulness, but they all seemed like victims of circumstance. Yeah the baron is extremely violent which led to unnecessary deaths including his unborn child, but he became abusive due to becoming an alcoholic as a way to escape trauma he experienced during war, and Anna fled to another man because of the way the Baron would lash out at her. Tamara was caught in the middle and it makes sense why she would flee. I loved how the choices were not so obvious and there pros and cons of every angle. The way multiple quests tied into it, including side quests that you don't even have to do, shows CDPR are masters are crafting meaningful and well-written quest lines. I really don't see how another quest line in this game is going to top the Baron one, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

TLDR; this game.

TCRS

Banned
so I rad that kotaku article and now I finally know what happening.

the graphics are really disappointing tbh. looks terrible on ps4. but I still like the dense atmosphere.

also, HOW DO YOU STOP AUTOSHEATHING?? what the fuck is this shit? I am fighting and he sheaths the sword and can't draw it for some glitchy reason and half my health is gone.

Auctopus

If you're not playing on Death March then just bring down the difficulty.

You can also stack a lot of buffs, wait until
Triss
hits the mob bringing it's shield down, you hit it with Igni and go ham on it. It's an annoying fight with the current glitch but it's very doable.

Confirmed on other sites that not even bringing down the difficulty will do anything.

meep!

Neo Member
Isn't Geralts beard suppose to grow back if you shave it again after using the DLC beards?
Mine doesn't seem to grow back, or is this bugged?

Same. Even Bethesdas worst had like 1-2 during a whole playthrough. In this I have to reload an earlier save like every 3 hours.

Early Velen spoilers:

Keira's quests! I think I spent a good 2 hours on the first two. I admit that I didn't like the original ending I'd had for Graham and Annabelle (why did I trust a spectre?) so I reloaded and did the 'better' ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom