• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that the tiny text on console is only coming up now? I'm not saying this should change reviews drastically or anything, but I heard no mention of this in any review up until now. I get my copy tomorrow from Amazon, I have pretty good sight and a big TV so I hope that I'm fine, but small text in an RPG is sort of a big deal for a lot of people.
I'm playing on a 40 inch TV and the text is still too small, especially for inventory items. I feel bad for people on smaller tvs. My only gripe so far.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll be playing this on PS4 because I don't have a gaming rig anymore. So excited.

Wag

Is there a way to expand the minimap and a way to put a waypoint on the map without having to open the menu first?

Furyous

Is there anyway to avoid
the bar brawl in White Orchard
? Not much of a spoiler since every video trailer mentions it.

Do places of power regenerate after I use them? Or is it a one-off thing?

I'm pretty sure the sign boost regenerates. I could have sworn that I used one, went into a little mini dungeon and when I came out I was able to use it again.

On another note, are people dodging or rolling more? I started out rolling all the time, but I've found that dodging seems to be better most of the time in combat. I'm pretty much only rolling when I'm about to die and I'm trying to get away.

Played about an hour of the PS4 version.

- Don't play Gwent until they patch it.

- Game looks pretty nice though the colors during the day look weird.

- obvious framerate issues

- combat feels more fluid compared to TW2

- Camera feels weird. Hard to explain but it feels floaty as well as Geralt when you stop and pick things up.

- Load times aren't that bad

- Picking things up feels harder than it should be due to the camera.

Soi-Fong

This game at 1440p is amazing. Downsampling does a lot in getting rid of the aliasing and increasing image quality. That and I'm running the game at all ultra settings with the exception of foliage which I set to high and I'm getting a solid 30 fps. I have gameworks off since I don't really like the hair and I have HBAO+ enabled.

This game looks AMAZING on PC.

zkorejo

I equipped the torch but how do I ignite it?

When you equip it, it should be already ignited.

Make sure its in one of the pockets in inventory menu. Press L1, select from the wheel, press R1 to equip in the game. Once you do that, It should be lit up when geralt pulls it out from youknowwhere.

On the topic of Gwent. It crashed 3 times on me in White Orchard (when passing my turn by pressing and holding Triangle). Once again in other place. But now, a bit further into the game, I am glad its working just fine. Maybe the Gwent is buggy just in the starting areas.

Jolkien

White Orchard spoiler
Anybody finished the Deserter Gold sidequest ? I found their cache in the house basement but there's a locked chest there and it's driving me nuts.

Jebral

Precious Cargo quest question.....

So I chose to keep the medicine and let the guy go, assuming it would get me something.... But I didn't get any items from it? That doesn't seem right. You know, assuming I withheld what the guy was after.

Early game quest, so even if the game glitched me out of a reward it doesn't really matter. But damnit :-/

I've been at it 4 hours straight
SjP9yIw.png

Where do I go to heal though? I'm on the hardest difficulty and you don't get anything back meditating.

Afrodium

Banned
So, I've started on the hardest difficulty because I am a man who does manly things!

To make the story short, I can't even get past the first fight with the ghouls. Three shots from one of them and I'm dead. I can't parry worth a crap and I'm terrible at counter attacking them.

Any tips for me other then stop playing on the hardest difficulty? I want to at least try to get better before I lower the difficulty.

Don't forget to use signs! Quen is a must and then maybe Igni once or twice?

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Precious Cargo quest question.....

So I chose to keep the medicine and let the guy go, assuming it would get me something.... But I didn't get any items from it? That doesn't seem right. You know, assuming I withheld what the guy was after.

Early game quest, so even if the game glitched me out of a reward it doesn't really matter. But damnit :-/

Try going to the nilfguard camp.

aravuus

So yeah, managed to play a couple of hours before interviews, work etc

Aside from the clunky movement stuff, it honestly seems amazing. Fuck, I'm even enjoying the combat to some degree so I'm probably gonna stick with the normal difficulty for now, just gotta learn how to effectively close in on the enemies. Using a light attack sometimes ends with me hitting the air, delay on rolling to light attack is too long. The game is most certainly not easy on normal, either.

Hopefully I'll be home by 2 or 3pm, I just wanna play Witcher 3 all day!

bounchfx

for the life of me I can't understand why dev's make underwater movement the most frustrating thing in gaming. I try to dive, he dives a little, then won't stop doing somersaults. I go too far down, and theres an object? guess what, you cant swim up around it. we're going to turn you around, every single time you try. oh, and there's enemies here. Fuck you.

Simulate = choices once you reach a story point.

Not simulating = default canon choices, which I don't think they've disclosed.

What? The option in the beginning of the game asks if you want to simulate a Witcher 2 save Meaning if you chose ON to simulate the game grants you a sequence where Geralt is shaved by a dude and answers questions about decisions made in the prior game. If you choose off there is no simulated witcher 2 save and instead a default is set for players who haven't played the previous game. As far as I know this simulate option has absolutely nothing to do with allowing or disallowing you to make other story changing decisions in the Witcher 3 game. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm beginning to get confused regarding this simulate off on business.

Blizzard

Banned
In the first village section after you get on a horse, I had a weird thing (bug?) happen:

A wolf spawned inside a house with a little girl. I couldn't ever open the door with E, but the wolf was clipping through the door and hurting me. I finally ran away and somehow the door eventually opened, and the wolf came out. After finishing the fight, I was able to walk through the door to open it, but not press E on it.

Do wild animals spawn in buildings normally?

Need help in defeating the
werewolf. Pretty sure I need to craft a specific bomb so it's health doesn't regen. Tried to enter the alchemy supplies shed and it's locked..
what do?

aravuus

What? The option in the beginning of the game asks if you want to simulate a Witcher 2 save Meaning if you chose ON to simulate the game grants you a sequence where Geralt is shaved by a dude and answers questions about decisions made in the prior game. If you choose off there is no simulated witcher 2 save and instead a default is set for players who haven't played the previous game. As far as I know this simulate option has absolutely nothing to do with allowing or disallowing you to make other story changing decisions in the Witcher 3 game. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm beginning to get confused regarding this simulate off on business.

That's probably what he meant. Just worded it oddly.

Corpekata

Banned

That's uh, what I said? I'm not sure why you read it as not allowing you to make choices in the Witcher 3 story. I was posting it in response to people asking the question over and over for the past few pages so I didn't quote anyone, so I guess I can see why you read it as being about Witcher 3.

To clarify, Simulate = at a certain story point you get to make choices regarding the Witcher 2 story.

Putting it to Off just puts it to default choices for that game.

RoKKeR

Also one quick thing - is leveling supposed to be slow? I think I put about 3-4 good hours in today and am just a silver away from being level 2. Normal? I've done a good amount of sidequests/exploring so assumed it's just a slow system.

Blizzard

Banned
In the first village section after you get on a horse, I had a weird thing (bug?) happen:

A wolf spawned inside a house with a little girl. I couldn't ever open the door with E, but the wolf was clipping through the door and hurting me. I finally ran away and somehow the door eventually opened, and the wolf came out. After finishing the fight, I was able to walk through the door to open it, but not press E on it.

Do wild animals spawn in buildings normally?
(Steam version) Shortly after this I had my first human animation glitch. After the cutscene
with the griffin
, my companion jumped on an invisible horse, rode past me, and started talking to me while only his shoulders and head were sticking out of the ground. :p

That's uh, what I said? I'm not sure why you read it as not allowing you to make choices in the Witcher 3 story. I was posting it in response to people asking the question over and over for the past few pages so I didn't quote anyone, so I guess I can see why you read it as being about Witcher 3.

To clarify, Simulate = at a certain story point you get to make choices regarding the Witcher 2 story.

Putting it to Off just puts it to default choices for that game.

LOL Im sorry I completely misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.

Jolkien

Also one quick thing - is leveling supposed to be slow? I think I put about 3-4 good hours in today and am just a silver away from being level 2. Normal? I've done a good amount of sidequests/exploring so assumed it's just a slow system.

Killing ennemies don't seem to give any xp. I played like 3-4 hours before I reached level 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom