• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how easy it was to destroy level 7 wraith as level 2 while using level 1 sword I'm not sure how much level matters as long you are within "green indicator" limits. Or is your experience different?

KB/M here. First it felt little off, but after 1-2 hours of playing I got used to it and now it feels smooth/natural.
I mean no but what's with the jack up of main mission difficulty when going out of your way to do side stuff gives no exp? You basically can't do anything to gain more.

Lol @ repair costs.
Seriously. I'm not even sure what's safe to sell to vendors because it hurts to read the text

epmode

Before I played the game, I was keen on turning off the question mark icons on the map so I could chance on side events as I wandered the countryside. Now that I've played, the fact that the world map and minimap are fully uncovered the instant you arrive in an area means it's hard to be sure if you've been in an area before. I think I'll put the marks back so I'll know where I haven't been.

Tactica

Neo Member
How many of you have received your Collector's Editions? I must say, that the painting quality is one of the worst I have seen on a product this big and expensive. I get that you mostly use airbrush to cover up most of the surface of statues this big, but the details especially on Geralt's face are horrible.

How does your Geralt of Rivia look like? Is he missing eyes and painted with a one inch brush like mine?
0jIPs7W.jpg

Every other item in the Collector's Edition is of the highest quality, like the awesome artbook and the metal pendant.

styl3s

How many of you have received your Collector's Editions? I must say, that the painting quality is one of the worst I have seen on a product this big and expensive. I get that you mostly use airbrush to cover up most of the surface of statues this big, but the details especially on Geralt's face are horrible.

How does your Geralt of Rivia look like? Is he missing eyes and painted with a one inch brush like mine?
0jIPs7W.jpg

Every other item in the Collector's Edition is of the highest quality, like the awesome artbook and the metal pendant.
Looks like a small heroclix style figure that someone zoomed in on.

That is absolutely awful and i would be outraged if i spent $150 on a bootleg dollar tree looking statue.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Simple solution for QUICK SAVE on GAMEPAD:

- download antimicro (it maps gamepad keys to keyboard; opensource free)
https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro/releases

- set xbox guide button to F5

have quicksave via gamepad :)

im using dualshock4 (ds4tool) works same way

if you have xbox popup after pressing guiden button - just uninstall xbox app

Thanks, I'm gonna quote this so I remember to do this later.

jimboton

Got a couple of questions about questing and difficulty levels. Does every quest have quest markers including those about finding lost/hidden/secret stuff? Does the difficulty setting affect the level of handholding present in the quests ( info on the map and usefulness of detective vision)? Thanks!

0jIPs7W.jpg

When i get him (if it happens the same) Im going to send them an email for them to give better statues.
Seem that they changed the fucked up statues of the witcher's 2 collectors editions, mine was good on that one so I didnt have a problem, but lets hope they do the same thing here.
Or at least give us the gwent game to everyone.

Who is the company that made the statue? I think you can find the name below it.

aravuus

Goddamn, the song that played during the (early enemy spoiler)
Griffin fight
. Made the fight so, so much more epic.

The OST is incredible

0jIPs7W.jpg

That shit looks like a holiday town set you'd buy at Dollar Tree lolol.

Nibel

0jIPs7W.jpg

This is incredible /dead

Is there a quicksave on PS4? Having to remember to frequently manually save when exploring is a pain in the ass. You should at least have a setting for a frequency of saves (i.e set it to auto save every 5 mins or whatever).

iNvid02

i dont know what you lazy bastards have been up to but im 15 minutes in and already slayed the monster that was terrorising the first village

pm me if you need any tips on how to kill it quickly it can be tricky

GwkLkwq.png

just killed the second monster in the villiage, wasn't as tough as the first guy, went down in 1-2 hits but i did coat my blade with some oil just to be sure.

Acinixys

0jIPs7W.jpg

disapprove.gif

0jIPs7W.jpg

Return it or send an email to CDPR. I held off buying the collector's edition after the Witcher 2 collector's edition fiasco.

Axial

Does anyone know if importing a Witcher 2 savegame only reflects the most important choices made throughout the game, or is there some hidden stuff which is not covered in the initial interview with Voorhis which might have repercussions later on?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

0jIPs7W.jpg

so they downgraded the statue. great.

Does anyone know if importing a Witcher 2 savegame only reflects the most important choices made throughout the game, or is there some hidden stuff which is not covered in the initial interview with Voorhis which might have repercussions later on?

Small changes also, seems the tatoo decision in 2 affects your witcher 3 save, so probably more things too.

Staf

Just got to the first village, having such a blast. First Witcher game i've played. Going to focus on leveling up signs, love the sign that confuses mobs.

Man, the motion blur is excessive in this game...

Hopefully they give us the option to turn it down/off for console versions in a future patch.

Steez

Can anyone confirm that you get less XP on Death March? And while we're at it, what are the differences between the difficulty settings, besides no health regen during meditation and damage modifiers?

Tactica

Neo Member
As it was said before, the W2 statues was not all of them (I got a good lokking one) and they seem to changed the satue to people who got the fucked up one.

Lets really hope they do the same here.
We need to know the name of the company who do that butchered paint job.

The bottom of the Statue has a proud stamp: Sculpted by www.udock.eu
I don't know who to blame. They might have done the sculpting, but who painted it? On their website they do announce that they have sulpted and also manufactured them: http://www.udock.eu/the-witcher-3-w...ototype-designed-and-manufactured-by-udock-2/

So... I just started, barely scratched the surface before I have to go to bed before work, but a couple quick impressions:

1) I suck at combat and it seems like it'll take a while to master - especially fighting multiple enemies at once. I just got my ass handed too me by three innocuous swamp enemies at the beginning of the game about 4 times in a row without doing much damage.

2) The HUD is too much. For such a beautiful game, I feel like there's information overload on the screen and it detracts from the atmosphere. Talk of a 'customisable HUD' I saw in some threads were a bit rich - you can turn off the mini map and that's it. But there's always something on the screen distracting you. I wish you could at the very least control the HUD opacity.

Audioboxer

Ah hah, postman came late. Been playing for the past half hour.

Do I get to select choices for the previous games? Well, I know I do, but when? Just passed the first meeting with the griffin (cutscene battle). Hoping I haven't turned the option off somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom