• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's similar to Mass Effect 2 -> 3 for me in terms of the story. You don't have to play 2, but it sets this game up very nicely plus you'll be able to enjoy and appreciate some of the returning characters.

Eh... no that much.

I think it's nice to have the context of previous games in The Witcher 3, but in Mass Effect 3 the whole point of the game was to finish the story of Mass Effect 1/2. ME3 can be fun at its own but I wouldn't recommend it to a new player.

codhand

these fonts

hqdefault.jpg

Acinixys

The movement in this game.....just....wow

Also, NPCs repeating the same dialogue CONSTANTLY every time you walk away and come back? Really? I heard that kid's rhyme about the Emperor about 3 times in the span of a minute just by walking between two houses.

Get out of here, Stalker!

Gotta get that deep immersion you know

dedhead54

Got to White Orchard and played the professor guy in Gwent, and as soon as I got to my last card and hit pass the game completely shut down. PS4 version.

AJLma

The movement in this game is really terrible.

I wish I had the equipment to record a video, there's literally a good half second after I hit the stick on my wired controller before Geralt starts moving.

Not sure how reviewers let stuff like this slide, especially after a game like Bloodborne just came out.

Soi-Fong

I wish I had the equipment to record a video, there's literally a good half second after I hit the stick on my wired controller before Geralt starts moving.

Not sure how reviewers let stuff like this slide, especially after a game like Bloodborne just came out.

That's one thing. I'm surprised all these things weren't covered at all in the reviews.

The movement in this game makes me appreciate more just how incredible movement and the battle system is in Bloodborne.

Klyka

Banned
Eh... no that much.

I think it's nice to have the context of previous games in The Witcher 3, but in Mass Effect 3 the whole point of the game was to finish the story of Mass Effect 1/2. ME3 can be fun at its own but I wouldn't recommend it to a new player.

"Mass Effect 3 is the perfect starting point for new players to just jump in and experience the franchise"

Actual quote from the developers

Got to White Orchard and played the professor guy in Gwent, and as soon as I got to my last card and hit pass the game completely shut down. PS4 version.

Oh man, sorry to hear the crashes and freezes are impacting console versions too. At least on PC we can tweak settings here and there for a more stable game. Hopefully patches aren't too far out!

Teletraan1

Banned
so... do reviewers not care about glitches? clunky movement or tiny text? why was there not a word of this in ANY reviews?

I haven't played it yet, but this thread isn't reading well for the game right now.

I can't wait to get my copy later and try it for myself.

That is why I usually wait till my reviewers (this forum) pick the game apart. Then I can decide if all this shit would bother me enough. That said, this is a huge game. There will be bugs.

I was waiting to hear more about the combat since I really didn't care for W2 combat. Is it clunky as well?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I love hearing ya'll's complaints. It makes me happy that I'm not bothered by almost any of it. Except the crashing. If I start crashing I'll be upset.

Hagi

Gmaes pretty amazing so far, think I managed to do all the side quests during the prologue and they were all fun and interesting. You really do get a better sense of yeah he's a monster hunter in this game. I love the little monologues he does while hunting or investigating it's adds so much more to the atmosphere.

Met up with Yen and started the "main quest" but meh on her just waiting to meet Triss at Novigrad. <3

Ciri seems like an interesting character.

Quirah

Guys can anyone link the combat theme that plays during the first part? I mean I didn't progressed well yet, I am at the first parts of the game.

taybul

It took me far too long trying to go down some narrow stairs and when I eventually did the game kept registering steps as falls (controller kept rumbling). Don't even get me started on controlling Roach...

This is otherwise a great game.

idonteven

i just had a moment where my fps was 5 ( legit ) for a whole boss fight,the fight had a LOT of fire particles and it made my ps4 struggle like i never seen before

Ibuki

Banned
I got to the end of the Griffin hunt last night but I haven't progressed past that yet. I went back into the village and I'm finishing all the side quests and doing random stuff before progressing. This thread makes the wait to be done with work so much worse.

Hagi

You and me both, I gave up there last night...don't think I can go back to an earlier point without restarting the game either. Kinda put a damper on things for me.

Quen plus crossbow and sidestep is all you really need to win the fight. It's pretty easy once you learn to dodge is swipes.

Soi-Fong

Game looks pretty great on Xbox

Screenshot-Original.png

Is that a direct screenshot? Because, goddamn, I wouldn't be able to handle that.

That is blurry as hell in my opinion and the aliasing is getting to me. But then again, it is 900p and I myself, am playing at 1440p at Ultra and downsampling from that.

AJLma

On a more positive note, the game succeeded at pulling me in this time. I'm hooked and can't wait to get today's work done to get back to playing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Where do you turn in trophies? It says I can turn in this trophy for a reward but I have no idea where.

Also I still would like to know my earlier question, can you repeat failed quests? A few automatically failed early on when I decided on a certain path.

I have a feeling that with this being a multi platform game and each platform seemingly having its own distinct issues that it will be a while before we all get patches for the issues we are experiencing.

matthieuC

I have a feeling that with this being a multi platform game and each platform seemingly having its own distinct issues that it will be a while before we all get patches for the issues we are experiencing.
Stuttering and crashes should take priority IMO. I really want CDPR to fix those two asap. Those things I just can't get used to.

Fixed1979

Quen plus crossbow and sidestep is all you really need to win the fight. It's pretty easy once you learn to dodge is swipes.

Thank, I'll give this a go tonight. I hit him a few times with the crossbow but the damaged seemed almost non-existent even with the thunder potion.

Serrato

White Orchard Help :
I'm unable to complete the abandoned site south wise (the shrine). There is no enemy around and I killed the bear. I don't know what to do.

Is that a direct screenshot? Because, goddamn, I wouldn't be able to handle that.

That is blurry as hell in my opinion and the aliasing is getting to me. But then again, it is 900p and I myself, am playing at 1440p at Ultra and downsampling from that.

Meh, I care more about artstyle and clever use of lighting. I must admit, I've never really understood tge notion that people can't physically stand lower resolutions (above 720) and aliasing, framerates before 60.

I mean I understand the preference absolutely, but I find it perfectly playable :)

Cavalier

Banned
Thanks for beta testing the game for me you guys. I'll be getting it once they finish developing this game in a couple of weeks.

Hagi

Thank, I'll give this a go tonight. I hit him a few times with the crossbow but the damaged seemed almost non-existent even with the thunder potion.

No bother, only hit him with the crossbow when he starts flying as it will knock him out of the sky and let you get in a few hits. Just be patient and don't forget to keep Quen up and you should do fine. I didn't really notice any difference with the Thunder potion either and it only lasts 30 seconds.

Playing the game. It is great so far. I love how I am focusing more on the individual side quests more than the (enjoyable) main quest. The graphics are fantastic. Probably the best graphical game I've played so far this generation. That said I really had to hone in on my GPU overclock and artifacts started appearing everywhere.

Ultimadrago

Oh my goodness, I can't figure out which Witcher 2 save is the one I need to importttt! I would say the latest one, but I'm unsure...

Mossybrew

I also think the wind is overdone. The foliage just never stops moving, and there's so much of it I think it does introduce some visual fatigue issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom