• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam777

What's the recommended difficulty to start the game on? Is there a big jump from "Story and Sword" to "Blood and Broken Bones"?

What's the recommended difficulty to start the game on? Is there a big jump from "Story and Sword" to "Blood and Broken Bones"?
First time playing the Witcher series. I chose the setting Blood and Broken Bones I think, whichever one was before death. I'm doing ok so far I got the hang of everything. You can still get your ass whipped though if you fuck up.

Ran into a werewolf as Geralt and I can't defeat him because the asshole keeps regenerating. I don't have the diagram to make that bomb that keeps them from doing that nor do I know where to get it. Gonna put this one on rest for a while, hope it doesn't result in a fail as it was a pretty interesting sidequest.

sam777

First time playing the Witcher series. I chose the setting Blood and Broken Bones I think, whichever one was before death. I'm doing ok so far I got the hang of everything. You can still get your ass whipped though if you fuck up.

I would say yes just by the fact that in blood and bones you can't regen health by meditating. Have to use items

Thanks, I will test myself and go for Blood and Broken Bones.

Salty Hippo

This has probably already been discussed, but is there any work around the tiny ass font? It renders the game completely unplayable to me unless I put a damn chair closer to the plasma TV, and there's no way I'm playing a 100 hour long game in such discomfort.

This is for those who may want to play on Xbox but are worried about "unplayability"

Besides the opening cutscenes stutter and a few slow downs coming in or out of cutscenes, I have had almost no frame drops in my first hours of playing. The game looks great. I chose this over PS4 because of controller preferences and am glad I did so.

Hi WitcherGaf

I'm stuck very early in the game (on PC) for unknown reasons SPOILERS :
In exchange of information about Yennefer, I must kill the griffon but first I should get some special herbs and see the hunter who discovered the corpses of the soldiers killed by the griffon. The game indicates two objectives on the map immediately. I liberated a village before advancing in the main story and then surprise : There was nothing on the mini map and even on the huge map, nothing. No markers that indicates where is the two next objectives

Basically I think it's a bug that prevents me to continue the game. As anyone got the same problem ?

Klyka

Banned
Ran into a werewolf as Geralt and I can't defeat him because the asshole keeps regenerating. I don't have the diagram to make that bomb that keeps them from doing that nor do I know where to get it. Gonna put this one on rest for a while, hope it doesn't result in a fail as it was a pretty interesting sidequest.

Ignite him with Igni and he can't regen.

So can we get some type of support group going for people who picked up the game last night, got started, and now have to sit through 10-11 hours at work before we can fire it up again? I'm jonesin and I don't even think I played past the prologue.

I'm an old man.

DannyCool

Am i the only one that find the controls way too chunky? I'm new to the Witcher series and the movement of the character is so weird for me on both PS4 version and PC version (I bought the PS4 one on accident, nice 100 dollars wasted for one game).

I really enjoy the game though, it's awesome. But i wish i knew why it's stuttering so much and the controls being a bit input laggy.

This is for those who may want to play on Xbox but are worried about "unplayability"

Besides the opening cutscenes stutter and a few slow downs coming in or out of cutscenes, I have had almost no frame drops in my first hours of playing. The game looks great. I chose this over PS4 because of controller preferences and am glad I did so.

Agree, the opening 10 minutes is very disconcerting but it's pretty damn solid thereafter.

Axial

Being curious to the quality of the english voice over I tried to change the language setting from polish to english in the GoG Galaxy app, everything worked fine, no additional download was needed until I tried switching back to polish dub... 3GB download! Really CDPR? Can't keep both language packs on disk without the need of deleting and redownloading them?

Tovarisc

Well then, exploring does give you neat stuff even early on :b
jghUl5u.jpg

Am i the only one that find the controls way too chunky? I'm new to the Witcher series and the movement of the character is so weird for me on both PS4 version and PC version (I bought the PS4 one on accident, nice 100 dollars wasted for one game).

I really enjoy the game though, it's awesome. But i wish i knew why it's stuttering so much and the controls being a bit input laggy.
My biggest issue with controls is having to press x a bunch of times to get on the horse. Or having to move back and forth to grab an item because it's too position sensitive

pbsapeer

Banned
Only ordered my copy yesterday and it's already arrived! Well done tesco!
Also are all the standard editions complete with soundtrack and cardboard packaging?

Game is great so far. Killed the griffin last night. Might restart my game today. I had forgotten how mechanically deep the witcher games are and I was a little overwhelmed by figuring out all the game's systems that I didn't properly enjoy the first area. The problems I've had are huge frame rate drops in cutscenes and as everyone has said the movement controls do not feel great. I played the witcher 2 on the 360 and I don't remember it controlling this bad. Also found it funny that the first playable part is hey let's run and jump around and it's just so hard to control fine movements.

This has probably already been discussed, but is there any work around the tiny ass font? It renders the game completely unplayable to me unless I put a damn chair closer to the plasma TV, and there's no way I'm playing a 100 hour long game in such discomfort.
Not right now unfortunately. Hopefully a patch will fix it

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
CE guide arrived at home super early from Amazon. Very curious how it turned out when I pick it up later.

My biggest issue with controls is having to press x a bunch of times to get on the horse. Or having to move back and forth to grab an item because it's too position sensitive

Yeah I feel like it's hypersensitive. What I hate is seeing a prompt above an NPC with the x button that says "talk" then hitting it and getting a one sentence response. Hard to tell which NPCs will actually initiate a quest or conversation tree.

iNvid02

this fucking game is huge, i've progressed nowhere and have been playing for hours

How do install the free DLC on GoG Galaxy? This program is terrible.

more > get backup/extras > click the 2 dlc installers
then more > configure > and make sure both are ticked

you need to enroll in the free dlc program by adding the program to your cart and checking out in the store first

nikos

nah, simulate it. youare not invested in these characters, so you can pick any choice you want

That's a good way of looking at it, but it may also affect my Witcher III story. I guess being able to make decisions can't be a bad thing.

KingKong

I don't understand why there isn't an autoloot for plants, that would save so much time. Really the whole inventory system needs a lot more options, I can't believe how basic and unwieldy it is

roytheone

Damn, I am starting to run low on healing items because of the whole "no healing with meditation" rule on hard difficulty. Any easy way to get a lot of them? I don't want to lower the difficulty purely to get the meditation heal, I actually really like the fact that you can die easily if you don't pay attention, keeps the combat very tense.

Oh my goodness, I can't figure out which Witcher 2 save is the one I need to importttt! I would say the latest one, but I'm unsure...

I had a similar issue. After completing the witcher 2 on my main save, I immediately reloaded an old save before the Roche/Ivoreth choice to see the other path. So my main end-game save was buried somewhere in the middle of 100+ saves. Took a while to discover which one was correct, and I am still not 100 % sure. The lack of feedback in this process is problematic.

Soi-Fong

Meh, I care more about artstyle and clever use of lighting. I must admit, I've never really understood tge notion that people can't physically stand lower resolutions (above 720) and aliasing, framerates before 60.

I mean I understand the preference absolutely, but I find it perfectly playable :)

To each his own I guess.

A low resolution and aliasing destroys the image quality of any game no matter how good the art style or lighting.

While the XB1 version isn't "bad" per say, it's definitely poor when you compare it to the rest of the versions. Add the performance issues and that's not helping either.

Played on PS4 for a few hours before heading to work just now. Performance is smooth from the time I've spent so far, what a gorgeous game.

Loving the combat a lot too, playing slow and methodical feels great. I'm going to sink 100 hours in this baby. Just incredible.

Serrato

Damn, I am starting to run low on healing items because of the whole "no healing with meditation" rule on hard difficulty. Any easy way to get a lot of them? I don't want to lower the difficulty purely to get the meditation heal, I actually really like the fact that you can die easily if you don't pay attention, keeps the combat very tense.

Hunt animals. Free Raw meat!

raphier

Banned
That's a good way of looking at it, but it may also affect my Witcher III story. I guess being able to make decisions can't be a bad thing.

You'll meet characters that may be dead or alive. Other choices are simply small dialogue changes. Nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom