• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

boskee

Meanwhile in Poland everyone wants to associate themself with The Witcher. First the Prime Minister, then the President, and now major brewery.

X3myBY9.jpg

("He passed the trail of the grains")

Loving the combat a lot too, playing slow and methodical feels great.

Yeah, I really dig the combat thus far. I was expecting it to be much clunkier given the early impressions, but for me it's been intuitive and fun.

This and Bloodborne are going to make it very hard for later GOTY contenders. Just absolutely terrific games all around.

cametall

I have to say, I'm quite pleased my neck tattoo from TW2 carried over. It wouldn't be my Geralt without it!

I'm just worried my choice with Letho didn't carry. I also heard mention of Radovid but not Henselt or Stennis or Saskia, so I'm getting worried not everything carried...

Majukun

got a kinda hilarious bug,spoiler for one of the first mission on the orchard

when you visit the alchemist for the bait for the griphon,there's a girl mortally wounded on the bed,that you have to decide to give a witcher potion or not...
well she was there on the bed..then i talk with the lachemist,I look at the bed again ashe is not there anymore..i heard the door and there she is...healthy as she can possibly be...enters the room and goes straight to the bad,to lay down like she was before

i think she might be bullshitting me :p

Pachimari

Installing this now guys...

Played both a little of The Witcher 1 and 2 but never got far into them. I plan on completing them someday.

brau

Installing this now guys...

Played both a little of The Witcher 1 and 2 but never got far into them. I plan on completing them someday.

I have a feeling you'll find this game more accessible, hence you'll get to play more of this. At least that is the impression i have of the game.

Am i the only one that find the controls way too chunky? I'm new to the Witcher series and the movement of the character is so weird for me on both PS4 version and PC version (I bought the PS4 one on accident, nice 100 dollars wasted for one game).

I really enjoy the game though, it's awesome. But i wish i knew why it's stuttering so much and the controls being a bit input laggy.

My biggest complaint with the game. Way too sensitive and sometimes frustrating as hell if you want to be efficient at looting and stuff. Also haven't decided on KBM or controller yet because of it.

Otherwise, the game is fucking awesome. Played 6 hours last night , and even made my way up toNovigrad to check it out. Commandeered a boat. Picked up some quests there but they're too high level for me now.

Also, where the hell is the barber?

raphier

Banned
After the first encounter with Y
ennefer

Is this related to the other games? TW1 or TW2 maybe?
i don't know what to say xD help?

yes, witcher2 epilogue.
Arayn was prince who was siege leader, he either duels you or you talk him reason. His mother is chained afterwards. If you talk him reason, his mother may help you in the epilogue when you escape the jail.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Finally got home from my shift and started a game.

Holy shit. This game is dripping with atmosphere. World feels alive as if when I turn off my PC, it will live on without me.

Played on PC SLI 970 FTWs & i7 3770k. Playing at 4K and 30fps at Ultra Settings. Looks absolutely insane. Best vegetation I have seen. Geralt's hair after you swim, day night cycle, the fact that you can see through windows when inside and out, the water effects when you interact with it, the way a storm naturally rolls in, etc.

Finally, we have our current gen "Oblivion" moment. It's here. Time to get some shut eye so I can actually take in the story. Will wake in a few and play the hell out of this.

Also, my PS4 collectors Edition arrived, and it is nice as hell. One of if not the best CE's I have seen in recent memory. Looking forward to testing/comparing the PS4 version later tonight.

This is going to be my GOTY. I feel it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, I am starting to run low on healing items because of the whole "no healing with meditation" rule on hard difficulty. Any easy way to get a lot of them? I don't want to lower the difficulty purely to get the meditation heal, I actually really like the fact that you can die easily if you don't pay attention, keeps the combat very tense.

Craft Swallow potion(its in your alchemy list by default). You only need to craft it once and you get 3 charges that refill automatically when you meditate(so long as you have a single alcohol beverage in your inv, that one alcohol will refill all potions if you craft others too). Some of the flowers you need are growing in a farm in the first town to make Swallow.

Otherwise, you find water and other healing food all over the damn place. Corpses and loot sacks mostly. Also you can slaughter cows and chickens in town to get meat, just be careful of guards nearby with your weapon drawn.

Always have quen up and try to knock it out of the sky. Easy attack opportunity. Even if you do it right the fight is at least a few minutes long though.

Yea I tried to combo and outmaneuver him, but that's not the way you fight a eagle/tomcat beast. I beat him first try after knowing what to do.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
yes, witcher2 epilogue.
Arayn was prince who was siege leader, he either duels you or you talk him reason. His mother is chained afterwards. If you talk him reason, his mother may help you in the epilogue when you escape the jail.
You get to see his mom's tatas if you
kill him
:D

Seriously. I've restarted the game and it stucks again at the new game. Just after the opening cinematic scene. I'm on PS4 btw. And the cutscenes can't be skipped.damn.

McHuj

Meanwhile in Poland everyone wants to associate themself with The Witcher. First the Prime Minister, then the President, and now major brewery.

("He passed the trail of the wheats")

It's been close to 10 years since I've had a Zywiec.

jett

D-Member
this fucking game is huge, i've progressed nowhere and have been playing for hours

more > get backup/extras > click the 2 dlc installers
then more > configure > and make sure both are ticked

you need to enroll in the free dlc program by adding the program to your cart and checking out in the store first

I see thanks.

It's now downloading 600MB of god knows what.

Fucking hell. I made a mistake buying a GOG key.

I encourage everyone to play with HUD off, so good.

This game isn't even remotely designed to be played without the HUD.

pakkit

Banned
White Orchard Help :
I'm unable to complete the abandoned site south wise (the shrine). There is no enemy around and I killed the bear. I don't know what to do.

Try meditating. There are probably monsters that are on for the day shift.

CHC

I think I'm going to play with minimap off. In modern day games it makes sense but I like exploring and having to manually open my map and adjust my route via landmarks, I feel more connected with the world.

I hope it's playable this way.

semprfi17

I'm a little disappointed GAF, only 88 pages thus far on my mobile view of the thread. Didn't the bloodborne OT's blow up faster than this? And this game is on 3 platforms versus the 1 platform

I'm not seeing the free dlc on ps4 my digital copy is stuck at version 1.01 and says no new updates. I thought ps4 was suppose to have a patch that fixes the frame rate on day 1?

XenoRaven

Dumb tech question.

I'm going to try hooking up my PC to my TV for the first time. It's 120 Hz vs my monitor which is 60 Hz. Should I change any of my video card or in-game settings based on the refresh rate change (i.e. triple buffering/v-sync, framerate cap in game menu)?

Meneses

I'm liking the game, but it hasn't blown me away.

It looks good but the way it was touted led me to believe it would be something much more impressive (on PS4).

But i'm quite enjoying it, overall.

Mindman

Loving this game so much. Only a few minor gripes...

- Font size is too small most of the time. Especially for inventory items.
- Strange stuttering during pre-rendered/pre-recorded videos (PS4)
- Controls could be tighter

Otherwise.... this is the stuff of legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom