• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkit

Banned
How do I get and/or equip a torch? I ended up in a cave and I really wanted to take my torch out.

TBH, I've been lighting candles everywhere I go just to see that dynamic lighting. so good

How's the ps4 version running. Can't test my laptop till Friday and buying ps4 version will be my back up. But only if its actually locked 30fps.

Does the frame rate drop during fighting or cut scenes etc?

ironcreed

Banned
Early morning after stormy and rainy night.

The lighting changes so much and always gives the game a different look. There was one point at sunset where I was riding into it and I actually had to squint. The pale yellow hue at that moment was also the most realistic looking sunlight I have ever seen in a game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So, uh, anyone else suddenly not being able to mount up on the horse?

Dunno what I did, but when I call the horse, it trots on over, but the input doesn't change.

edit: Had to go back a few saves and then it worked. Must just be a bug, I guess.

edit 2: Apparently, fast-travelling from the second area to the first re-enacts the bug. :(

Klyka

Banned
How do I get and/or equip a torch? I ended up in a cave and I really wanted to take my torch out.

TBH, I've been lighting candles everywhere I go just to see that dynamic lighting. so good

you start with one in your inventory. you can equip/use it from there

Google

I'm travelling all week for work and will finally get home at around 12am on Friday evening.

Reading your impressions of the game has made me certain I'll be spending at least a few hours on this game in the wee hours.

I got mine Saturday, around 16 hours of gameplay ps4 version.

Framerate could be better, poor quality grass without shadow is atrocious at sunset, everything else is marvelous.

roytheone

Craft Swallow potion(its in your alchemy list by default). You only need to craft it once and you get 3 charges that refill automatically when you meditate(so long as you have a single alcohol beverage in your inv, that one alcohol will refill all potions if you craft others too). Some of the flowers you need are growing in a farm in the first town to make Swallow.

Otherwise, you find water and other healing food all over the damn place. Corpses and loot sacks mostly. Also you can slaughter cows and chickens in town to get meat, just be careful of guards nearby with your weapon drawn.

Hunt animals. Free Raw meat!

Thanks guys, will try these tips.

It's harder than I thought, I've been getting into situations where I run out of healing items so I'm constantly having to use quen and dodge.

Tell me about it, I died three times in the first fight after the "dream" :(. I am doing a lot better after I start using the spin dodge instead of constantly using the dodge roll. The dodge roll just puts to much distance between you and your enemy to counter attack after a dodge, the spin dodge is much more useful.

Sciortino

Only put in about 2 hours into it this morning but holy shit walking out onto that balcony during the beginning of the game was breathtaking, I actually had crazy goosebumps.

Soi-Fong

I'm a little disappointed GAF, only 88 pages thus far on my mobile view of the thread. Didn't the bloodborne OT's blow up faster than this? And this game is on 3 platforms versus the 1 platform

I remember that we had 3 OT's or something crazy within a week of release.

Meneses

I'm a little disappointed GAF, only 88 pages thus far on my mobile view of the thread. Didn't the bloodborne OT's blow up faster than this? And this game is on 3 platforms versus the 1 platform

Bloodborne is a more cryptic game that encourages discussion, it's natural that the thread moves much faster.

Chariot

I am currently stuck at Family Matters.

In investigated all rooms, made it even to the altar, but now I don't know what do. I think I might be stuck because I can't examine the wooden tile http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...494/FC14B4524C50466A34518DD61928136EF4233B2D/ The symbol pops up, but I can interact with it. My current objective is still to examine the room, everything is yellow already and I am sure I interacted with everything - except the wooden tile in the locker.

What to do?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bloodborne was a game where people had to collaborate to figure out good strategies to progress which naturally causes significantly more discussion. Most people are still early in this and it doesn't throw you in the deep end in terms of difficulty.

Majukun

does anyone know where i can find the
dwarf elixer
that is needed to create the
swallow
potion that will save/kill the
girl in the house that's stick

just buy it from the lachemist together with the flowers..the only thing she doesn't have is the drawner brain

erawsd

Where can I go to repair my gear?

If you are still in White Orchard go to the dwarf blacksmith. Tell him you want him to "craft something" and you should see the repair option. You could also use armor kits if you have them, decided to save mine in case my stuff breaks in the middle of a dungeon.

If you are still in White Orchard go to the dwarf blacksmith. Tell him you want him to "craft something" and you should see the repair option. You could also use armor kits if you have them, decided to save mine in case my stuff breaks in the middle of a dungeon.

Cheers!

Meneses

Btw, i'm sure it's been said here and I apologize for not finding it, but how can I download the free DLC on the US digital version? Can't find it on the Store (though I can easily find it on the EU store).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Tell me about it, I died three times in the first fight after the "dream" :(. I am doing a lot better after I start using the spin dodge instead of constantly using the dodge roll. The dodge roll just puts to much distance between you and your enemy to counter attack after a dodge, the spin dodge is much more useful.

Another really useful tip is to ignore lock-on in group fights. Geralt does a really good job auto-tracking like Batman and its much easier to watch all enemies without the camera focused only a single foe.

Simo

What a fucking chore to play this game and I'm talking technical issues. After installing and deleting the game and patch off my PS4 3 times I finally got it to work despite having to suffer through the menu music during the opening cinematic but at least it fucking worked.

When I finally got to play the game though....wooo boy! Sucked me right in to the world but I had only an hour to play before calling it a night. lol I can't wait to dig back in after work.

By chance does anyone have a high res version of the Polish poster that was given out? It was a render of Geralt with his back turned towards you and Ciri standing with him.

Audioboxer

Played a few hours earlier. Really enjoying myself. Movement is a bit janky though, could be a fair bit better.

Map is a bit daunting at first, massive and markers galore.

DukeBobby

Only put about an hour in so far, but I'm pretty impressed already. I just wish the movement controls weren't so sensitive.

Gah, I wish I had more time to play today. Thank God I've got a week off coming up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just finished the story essential
Keira Metz
quest.

Fuck me that was long. Like an old school dungeon grind full of mini bosses, tons of optional areas with their own beasts and treasures.

The game really feels like a blend of the best parts of the first two games. The more rigid linearity of the second is gone, area design and pacing more reminiscent of the larger, exploration driven acts of the first game. But the second's attention to detail in presentation, dialogue, and characters, along with more refined core mechanics, is there in spades.

If it keeps up this quality I can see it easily being my favourite of the three, and the most I've gotten out of a game this year.

I also find it humorous how most people (myself included) throw themselves into White Orchard, fully exploring and doing absolutely everything, taking in the game. Relative to what comes after and the scope of the adventure, White Orchard is basically a neatly contained tutorial.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Btw, i'm sure it's been said here and I apologize for not finding it, but how can I download the free DLC on the US digital version? Can't find it on the Store (though I can easily find it on the EU store).

Probably not up until the weekly PSN store update hits this afternoon.

Is this thread safe to come in regarding spoilers ? Bloodborne OT was a mess, everywhere bossnames and area spoilers. Hope this is a clean OT, use spoilertags. Thanks.

What are armor kits and how do you get them? I'm in the middle of a dungeon and my silver sword needs to be repaired ><

Mindman

How's the ps4 version running. Can't test my laptop till Friday and buying ps4 version will be my back up. But only if its actually locked 30fps.

Does the frame rate drop during fighting or cut scenes etc?

Runs great. Frame rate is capped at 30 and the only stuttering occurs during pre-rendered cutscenes. None during real-time cutscenes, and most in the game are real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom