• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

Other than a couple of stutters during conversations it has been great for me after over 6 hours. But it is a massive and hugely ambitious game, so I am sure I will see more niggles here and there. I say just get the game and enjoy.

To me...the biggest "bug/issue" for the PS4 would be the crashing when selecting Pass in gwent.

I hope they patch that quickly for PS4 owners

maltrain

Hope they are using olde spanish for secondary characters then. Geralt and friends have to speak in modern, but the npc's need to say things like 'hideputa' and 'vuesa merced' to stay faithful to the books.
The W1 and W2 translations were really bad in that regard.

I don't think so... in fact says "Español (Latino)" if I'm not mistaken.

ironcreed

Banned
To me...the biggest "bug/issue" for the PS4 would be the crashing when selecting Pass in gwent.

I hope they patch that quickly for PS4 owners

That did not happen to me, but I have only played one match so far. At any rate, I am sure they will be cleaning stuff like this up.

Caja 117

Sorry, but i keep hearing people mentioning a guide of the CE, can someone elaborate? I bought myne trough gamestop and didnt get such a guide.

RDreamer

I was about to order this for PS4 but reading about the technical issues here has me worried. Should I wait or just get it now?

My experience so far is that you'd have to be really anal to have any real technical complaints with the game on PS4. I noticed a frame drop here or there during one of the beginning cutscenes, but that's about it. Not much since then.

Alpende

Dammit, about to start a new game for the third time because I want to make W2 choices. First, I thought having it on On would let me simulate my choices but while I did that I thought simulate meant the devs would pick, then I picked off but read that means it's the devs choices. Now I got it on On again.
e5YuU.gif

My experience so far is that you'd have to be really anal to have any real technical complaints with the game on PS4. I noticed a frame drop here or there during one of the beginning cutscenes, but that's about it. Not much since then.

That's not really fair at all. Some people are simply more sensitive to such things and don't want something that has been easily patched in other games negatively affecting an experience they've waited years for.

JeffG

That did not happen to me, but I have only played one match so far. At any rate, I am sure they will be cleaning stuff like this up.

It might be a quirk with the opening bar? Maybe if you pick the Gwent guy before talking to anyone else? It will be some kind of subtle bug like that. (and seems only to be in the PS4 version)

wulfstein

Neo Member
Very tiny nitpick, but I find it funny how I get hired to kill a giant monster like the griffin, but even one guard can reck my shit. I wish they'd just have the guards arrest me or have Gerald to automatically surrender so it doesn't make me look like some weak bitch.

erawsd

Anyone using DS4windows able to get it to recognize Touchpad Swipes?

I want to bind Map, Inventory and Quest Log to the touchpad the way the PS4 version has it. I created the custom keybinds in the app and they work fine in windows, but the game doesn't recognize it at all.

ChanMan

I died more than I have on the Witcher 1+2 combined and I am playing on Blood & Broken Bones. I have to remember to use Quen more but so far I really am enjoying the game!

Pearock

Neo Member
A shame you can't preview the armor you're crafting. I was so excited to try on that lvl 5 light armor I'd made when I was lvl 3. And then I ended up wearing a shirt with little red ... thingys. Well at least there is no silly hood this time around.

Dany

Banned
I'm getting a shave and some dude is asking me questions. but i don't know the significance of the responses. wtf.

JeffG

I'm getting a shave and some dude is asking me questions. but i don't know the significance of the responses. wtf.

Don't sweat it.

Pick one and just go with the flow.

If you play it a second time, pick the other response

You chose to simulate the Witcher 2 save, despite not having played the Witcher 2, hence the confusion.

The answers likely don't matter to you anyway, since it sure seems like it's mostly going to govern whether some old faces show up.

Stiler

Can someone tell me (I missed it during the tutorial) how do you get your horse to automatically follow a road?

KR_remix

Man it can be really frustrating when Geralt auto sheathes his sword when I am still trying to fight monsters. Also still not sure how I feel about kb/m controls.

The CE guide is amazing in terms of being a CE (ie beyond regular content which also looks excellent with lots of details on things like abilities)

Not only do you get the art pages at the back of the guide (which has a very awesome feeling hardcover, its not gloss - its kinda "hair works" edition)

But it also has a really cool guide book seperate with a special binding/material/design like its from the witcher world with art and travel guide type infomation and lots text/lore as well as small pics

Book is huge too

Plus $10 off at Best Buy.

Super happy with it. With that bonus book at the back, it may be the best value CE I have bought.

Game is seriously incredible. I love everything about it. The menus, the maps, the animation, the character models, the scenery, the cutscenes, the dialogue, the horse. It's all top notch.

There are a couple of technical issues on PC marring the performance, though, and the game is probably short a patch or two. Like all new games these days.

Hope it all gets sorted soon, I just wanna dive in and savor the game.

I want to get a new game that'll last me a while, and I can't pick between this and SotFS. Never played a Witcher game before, is there any other series you can compare it to?

So Im at a loss as to how finish "investigating leads in Velen" to find the Bloody Baron's wife. Game gives zero indication or hint of what to do. Already found the daughter. Anyone?

I was about to order this for PS4 but reading about the technical issues here has me worried. Should I wait or just get it now?
Game is super smooth on my PS4.

Only thing I notice is some slight slowdowns in some cutscenes but in no way detracts from the enjoyment.

I keep thinking about the game when I should be working.

Some thoughts/questions

1) I am enjoying the character controls. I don't know if I would classify it as laggy controls as much as a design choice, like the difference between controls NSMB/DKCR or FIFA/PES. It feels like Geralt has momentum and I can easily over-commit if I am not careful.

2) I don't want to turn on places-of-interest markers because the world map starts looking Ubisofty. But if I don't turn it on, I have constant anxiety that I might miss interesting content.

3) I still have to get to grips with the character screen. Are skills only active if they are placed in a quadrant on the right? Are the four quadrants just quick changes between abilities or are all unlocked quadrants active at any one time?

4) Some of the areas scare me at night. I just meditate till it is light out.

Furyous

Is it better to buy weapons or craft them? What's the easiest way to raise your blacksmith level? Found a huge chest in the water near the Niilfgardian camp. Made like $590 (there are too many currencies in this game anyway) off that haul. I'm with whatsinaname and refuse to hunt at night. What's the point? Hunting a pack of wolves at night is tough sledding.

JeffG

I want to get a new game that'll last me a while, and I can't pick between this and SotFS. Never played a Witcher game before, is there any other series you can compare it to?

Gaf will freak, but the most similar game would be the Dragon Age series. (Similar but different. Dragon Age is more Group/Party orientated, Witcher would have more depth for your Character)

I keep thinking about the game when I should be working.

3) I still have to get to grips with the character screen. Are skills only active if they are placed in a quadrant on the right? Are the four quadrants just quick changes between abilities or are all unlocked quadrants active at any one time?

You get 12 active slots for skills, and I guess 4 mutagen slots, and that's it. I recall hearing it'd be fairly simple to swap them out though, so you can prepare for different monsters/situations.

Waxwing

What's the consensus on m+kb vs gamepad? Playing on Death March and feeling that I should be using dodging in addition to rolls, but alt seems like an awkward place to reach in combination with WASD.

You get 12 active slots for skills, and I guess 4 mutagen slots, and that's it. I recall hearing it'd be fairly simple to swap them out though, so you can prepare for different monsters/situations.

That's cool then. I was thinking it might be four sets of (mutagen + 3xSkills) that you can quickly swap between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom