• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I met a merchant/herbalist/alchemist/armourer/blacksmith/innkeeper in this game I did the following:
  1. Bought every Gwent card they sold.
  2. Bought every diagram they sold.
  3. Played (and beat) them in Gwent.
I'd recommend everyone take that approach.

Reading this makes me remember something that I dislike about the game - in regards to maps, diagrams, etc., I wish that they would have told you which ones you already purchased and thus, don't need. Buying the same stuff over and over is annoying.

I have no interest in Gwent whatsoever so I simply ignore it. As for the diagrams in general, I did a side quest in Skellige in which the person I talked to was a alchemist and he had the majority of what I was looking for. Tomorrow, I finish finding the rest that I want/need.

Thanks for the help. :)

I can't find the ingame option to remove certain DLCs.

I'd like to remove Triss' alternate outfit specifically.

Can somebody tell me where that option is on PS4 ?

Agreed, Death March is the optimal difficulty in my opinion. It actually takes a degree of skill to take out enemies, and makes it all the more rewarding when you get OP towards the end of the game and wreck everything.

Pretty much.

I caught myself just constantly pressing the light attack button with some very few dodges and sign usage. There was little to no skill involved in my fighting combat when played on the Story and Sword difficulty.

I went so far until 80% of the Main Quest, turned Level 26, that I actually realized I have been playing this game on the stupidest way possible for me. I ruined the most dangerous Witcher contracts and Side Quests that were 5 levels above me just by being able to kill them with ease.

Not to forget once more that by reaching a certain point of no return 5-6 quests instantly failed for me. All these actions made me decide to just start over from scratch on Death March and it instantly felt ten times better.

Just fought Olaf

LOL. Did not see that coming

Edit: probably a dumb question - but I can keep playing the game after completing the main story right?

Denton

Just fought Olaf

LOL. Did not see that coming

Edit: probably a dumb question - but I can keep playing the game after completing the main story right?

Yes but dont expect miracles. The game reverts back to pre-ending and removes all the main quests, so it is just about exploring and doing sidequests.

I can't find the ingame option to remove certain DLCs.

I'd like to remove Triss' alternate outfit specifically.

Can somebody tell me where that option is on PS4 ?
It is on the Main Menu before you start the game, I think under Options there is a Downloadable Content option. Go there and you can switch outfits for both Yen and Triss.

Verger

Banned
The rock trolls are the best. You'll met a bunch more of them. None will beat the rock troll outside Oxenfurt though. He's so cute on the inside, lol. I love how troubled he gets when he realizes that he doesn't know how to draw.
Yeah, it was too "awwww" when you see how determined he is and how hard he is trying because being a Redanian soldier makes him so happy. :)

And yeah, was kind of sad when he realizes he cannot draw. Gotta feel for him. :(

The Redanian's should make him King. He'd be saner than their current one :p

EDIT: Actually found the scene. LOL, the guy
actually paints better than Geralt (I had Geralt paint the bird). Poor Troll is an art prodigy and doesn't know it (he likes Geralts better)
:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4OJdpCi1s (Oxenfurt Troll Quest Spoilers)

It is on the Main Menu before you start the game, I think under Options there is a Downloadable Content option. Go there and you can switch outfits for both Yen and Triss.

Thanks.

Found this beauty while exploring in Velen. Does a diagram exist for this armor, and is the rest of the set available somewhere ?

It's got pretty insane stats for a lvl 21 armor. And Ciri's nickname obviously makes it special.

fNqtM1z.jpg

IKizzLE

You know a game is truly amazing when you're 140 hours into it, and you hit a part in the story that makes you think the end is nigh... and you have a mild panic attack due to not wanting this experience to end.

Progress request:
Just finished Isle of Mists and Imlireth fight... would I be right in assuming I'm about 90% of the way into the story?
Final Preparations is my current quest... I'm hoping I'm wrong and only 70% through and the game is tricking me lol.

I'm as far as you and this game is now my GOTY over Bloodborne.
Also so glad I went with Triss. So adorable.
And finally got full mastercrafted bear armor and weapons. That combined with Rend and Whirl...lmao....everything dies instantly. I am critting for well over 3000 without adrenaline at level 31. Smh...

ramyeon

Think I'll probably wrap up my playthrough tonight

Just set sail for Skellige for the quest "Battle Preparations". End feels close.

RedAssedApe

Banned
about to do isle of mists but the completionist in me wants to finish up the side quests below or around my level first. at the same time i'm getting a little bored of these things and they are starting to feel like your usual open world check off the boxes type quests.

do any of the scavenger hunts tie into story or other side quests or are they mostly just for getting better witcher gear?

Thanks.

Found this beauty while exploring in Velen. Does a diagram exist for this armor, and is the rest of the set available somewhere ?

It's got pretty insane stats for a lvl 21 armor. And Ciri's nickname obviously makes it special.

http://i.imgur.com/fNqtM1z.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

It's funny how you perceive it as insane stats while I perceive it as shitty stats. Personally I don't care much for defense. A good offense is where it's at. It's a heavy armor which will make your stamina regeneration slow, and it does nothing to increase your attack output. Meanwhile, my feline chest armor alone increases the damage I deal with 35%, along with many other stat increases, and it's not even mastercrafted yet.

But yeah, that armor does have some great resistances if that's what you're after. Each to their own, of course :)

Alpende

Thanks.

I've found two or three sets of that armor so far. They're worth quite a sum of gold so I sell them immediately. Light armor for that stamina regeneration yo!

WITHE1982

After around 40 hours (level 22) I finally made it to the Skellige Isles and MY GOD! they're breathtaking.

I think I took 100 screen shots in my first hour there last night. I also have The Fields of Ard Skellige on repeat while I'm at my desk today.

After messing about in Novigrad for the last few days looking for Dandilion it's such a welcome change to be somewhere so expansive. It's by far one of the best environments I've seen in an open world game. I cannot wait to get back to it tonight. Oh and I
had a fist fight with a bear!!
. Fuckin' awesome game!

doomquake

Not that I know of. Why would you want to though? It's what differentiates general information dialogue, and dialogue that advances the conversation.

because i dont want to be handheld into progressing the story. sometimes the gray dialogues unlock more options to the conversation..so they feel equally as interesting and story progressing. i dont get it.

ramyeon

because i dont want to be handheld into progressing the story. sometimes the gray dialogues unlock more options to the conversation..so they feel equally as interesting and story progressing. i dont get it.
It's not handholding. It's letting you know which option will force progression so that you don't miss any of the other dialogue options. You're supposed to try all the lighter yellow dialogue options before continuing if you want to.

Pretty much.

I caught myself just constantly pressing the light attack button with some very few dodges and sign usage. There was little to no skill involved in my fighting combat when played on the Story and Sword difficulty.

I went so far until 80% of the Main Quest, turned Level 26, that I actually realized I have been playing this game on the stupidest way possible for me. I ruined the most dangerous Witcher contracts and Side Quests that were 5 levels above me just by being able to kill them with ease.

Not to forget once more that by reaching a certain point of no return 5-6 quests instantly failed for me. All these actions made me decide to just start over from scratch on Death March and it instantly felt ten times better.

I'm waiting until I get the PC version to play on any difficulty higher than Normal. I started my replay on Blood & Broken Bones, but the loading times after dying are just way too fucking long. I can't do it.

doomquake

It's not handholding. It's letting you know which option will force progression so that you don't miss any of the other dialogue options. You're supposed to try all the lighter yellow dialogue options before continuing if you want to.

thats handholding lol

Haunted

I guarantee that you would complain in this thread the first time you'd completely missed out on those interesting and story progressing secondary dialogue options because you unknowingly selected the one that advanced/finished the conversation. :p

Denzar

Hello GAF

Finished The WItcher 2 yesterday and I want to start 3 today. I want to import my save files from 2 to 3, but I played 2 on Steam and I got 3 for free with my GPU on GOG.

I've copied the save files to different locations, but I still can't import my choices, only simulate them...

doomquake

I guarantee that you would complain in this thread the first time you'd completely missed out on those interesting and story progressing secondary dialogue options because you unknowingly selected the one that advanced/finished the conversation. :p

No way! I am already complaining that the gray options lead to seperate dialog and quest resolutions.

Hello GAF

Finished The WItcher 2 yesterday and I want to start 3 today. I want to import my save files from 2 to 3, but I played 2 on Steam and I got 3 for free with my GPU on GOG.

I've copied the save files to different locations, but I still can't import my choices, only simulate them...

Unless the game takes more choices into effect when you import them, simulating has the same effect anyway.

Akai XIII

I'm about to leave
Kaer Morgenstern to find Ciri after lifting Umas curse. Is this where I can do the Radovid assassination quest?

I'm 26 at the moment, are there enough story/sidequests to reach 31?

I think I must be the only person to hate Skellige, it's a real chore to get anywhere. Then when you do get there it's... Smugglers Cache.

ramyeon

I'm about to leave
Kaer Morgenstern to find Ciri after lifting Umas curse. Is this where I can do the Radovid assassination quest?

I'm 26 at the moment, are there enough story/sidequests to reach 31?

I think I must be the only person to hate Skellige, it's a real chore to get anywhere. Then when you do get there it's... Smugglers Cache.
No it's not. You have quite a bit of story related quests to get through before
the trigger for Reason of State.
By the time I got to that quest I was 31, you get a bunch of XP from the upcoming story related quests.

Akai XIII

No it's not. You have quite a bit of story related quests to get through before
the trigger for Reason of State.
By the time I got to that quest I was 31, you get a bunch of XP from the upcoming story related quests.
Ah thanks. Where's the point of no return then?

Ah thanks. Where's the point of no return then?

I don't think there's such a thing, but if you go do the main quest you got coming up (
going to the Isle of Mists
), all unfinished side-quests related to main characters like Yen and Triss will be failed. You've most probably done all of those at this point though.

Akai XIII

I don't think there's such a thing, but if you go do the main quest you got coming up (
going to the Isle of Mists
), all unfinished side-quests related to main characters like Yen and Triss will be failed. You've most probably done all of those at this point though.
Yeah I did the
Mages of Novigrad and Djinn quests
. It kept saying I failed them when I
went to Kaer Morhen
so I went back and did them.

Catdaddy

Question regarding the romance triangle:
Is the only way to end up with the Three to Tango (where Triss and Yen dump Geralt, is to have the lighthouse scene with Triss and tell Yen "I love you"? Not sure of the exact choices but kissed Triss at the party, but she left on the boat (no lighthouse)

Question regarding the romance triangle:
Is the only way to end up with the Three to Tango (where Triss and Yen dump Geralt, is to have the lighthouse scene with Triss and tell Yen "I love you"? Not sure of the exact choices but kissed Triss at the party, but she left on the boat (no lighthouse)

Then you won't have it.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm as far as you and this game is now my GOTY over Bloodborne.
Also so glad I went with Triss. So adorable.
And finally got full mastercrafted bear armor and weapons. That combined with Rend and Whirl...lmao....everything dies instantly. I am critting for well over 3000 without adrenaline at level 31. Smh...

Whirl is so beast!

This is the first game I think...ever, that I want to keep playing after I finish - just being a part of the world, doing Witcher Contracts and exploring (until the expansion in a couple months).

Such a wonderful, wonderful RPG... it's my equal favourite game of all time with Mass Effect 1/2/3 (counting as one adventure).

Sai

First time I've heard someone call big-belly Geralt pretty, lol. Each to their own, of course, but imo the Cat and Bear sets look a million times better than the Griffin set.
Besides the protruding chestpiece, the armor does look pretty nice; just a smidge on the gaudy side once you start upgrading it. :p

Denton

Whirl is so beast!

This is the first game I think...ever, that I want to keep playing after I finish - just being a part of the world, doing Witcher Contracts and exploring (until the expansion in a couple months).

Such a wonderful, wonderful RPG... it's my equal favourite game of all time with Mass Effect 1/2/3 (counting as one adventure).
I really like mass effect trilogy, but it's funny to look back and realize that I spent more time with Witcher 3, than I did with ME trilogy combined..and I still want more. Much more.

Gurrry

Got the game on sunday and its been a blast. I got to the Nerhil boss fight last night and he whooped my ass. Id been playing on the 3rd highest difficulty, and at this fight ive ran out of potions/food.

I switched the difficulty down a notch because it seemed impossible otherwise. I dont do any damage and im only lvl 4. Am i underleveled?

Is there a way to craft actual potions instead of eating the slow regen food?

kingocfs

I though I maxed out my love for the game by the time I got to Velen but it keeps impressing the more I keep playing.

Yen vs. Triss... So tough. I set my mind on Yen when I first started.
Once I had finally moved the story forward enough to reach Novigrad, I visited Triss's house and recognized her clothes on the ground... Then I found the rose of remembrance.
I finally caught up with her in Novigrad wit her DLC outfit. I don't know how I resisted when that timed prompt came when she almost fell and I caught her. Saying goodbye at the docks wasn't easy either.
Something so memorable about the moment captured here:

PREACH. Since Yen is
basically invisible until you get to Skellige I found it hard to ]let Triss go at that point.
But once I got to Skellige, I was kind of regretting it. Yen is awesome right now.

I haven't read the books, though, and only played the the second game, so ultimately I'm satisfied with my choice.

I'm up to the Battle Preparations quest, but I'm trying to finish off the Nobleman and Soldier Statuette quests. I've tried
talking to Triss in her room at the chameleon between every single other bloody quest in Act 3, but no dialog option for either statue presents itself. Now she's standing on the boat in Novigrad Harbour that's ready to leave, but I can talk to every single other person on the boat, except Triss. There's no button prompt with her, just a green name above her head.

Top Bottom