• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Oynox

I have been playing since the 15th of May and I think I approach the end of the game. I need a generous approximation of how much I have left, because I plan on finishing the game with my girlfriend on Saturday.

The quest "Battle Preparations" just started and I need to meet Avallac'h on the ship in Novigrad right now.

Ingame clock says 11 days, 23 hours and 39 minutes, which indicates that I am quite a slow player. What do you think, how much time will the last portion of the game take me?

LosDaddie

Banned
Need a little advice

I'm at Level 14 and I'm not sure where to spend Ability points now. I'm more of a balanced Geralt. I have Quen/Aard/Axii all at level 3. Quick & Strong atack at level 5. None in Alchemy. And I have Rage Management and one other yellow ability.

I'm not sure if i should invest in more Signs, or keep upgrading the ones I have already. Or go for a new Combat ability.....

I just don't know where to go with Ability upgrades from here.

Isle of Mist spoilers

Man even watching that hug scene now after a week of having played through this game i still cry at it. There's absolutely nothing that gets me as well as a well placed music at a pivotal moment and that moment fucking nails it with the music. Seriously my eyes still leak because of it, its just too perfect T_T

I will remember The Witcher 3 for many things but that moment will remain special for me for a long long long time.

Need a little advice

I'm at Level 14 and I'm not sure where to spend Ability points now. I'm more of a balanced Geralt. I have Quen/Aard/Axii all at level 3. Quick & Strong atack at level 5. None in Alchemy. And I have Rage Management and one other yellow ability.

I'm not sure if i should invest in more Signs, or keep upgrading the ones I have already. Or go for a new Combat ability.....

I just don't know where to go with Ability upgrades from here.

Imo you've gone for a too generalized build. There's no focus and you won't get to the strong abilities. You're wasting points. You should focus on either strong or fast attacks. You can definitely match red and blue skills; personally I went with an all-out fast attack build, coupled with sign abilities in Axii and Quen, and finally two yellow skills; Sun & Stars and the Cat gear skill. You should probably stick to the top layer of one of the trees right now though, as you want to get to the bottom for some of the stronger abilities.

Skii

I just started playing this game as I imagine it would be safe to on the PS4 with the frame-rate patch incoming. Anyway, I just downloaded all the DLC and I can't seem to find some of it in my inventory. Am I supposed to find a quest for the items? I literally just started the game so maybe I need to reach a certain point?

I just started playing this game as I imagine it would be safe to on the PS4 with the frame-rate patch incoming. Anyway, I just downloaded all the DLC and I can't seem to find some of it in my inventory. Am I supposed to find a quest for the items? I literally just started the game so maybe I need to reach a certain point?

Lol yeah, you don't get the items just like that. There are quests; you'll encounter them in time, don't worry!

Has anyone ever won a 0-0 tie in Gwent with Nilfgaard?

Because I just did... craziest thing ever!

mMWqnrM.jpg

I passed early on in the first round and barely won the second by playing my very last unit card. Turns out my opponent was in the same boat, because in the third round neither of us had any unit cards left. Since all we could play were weather cards, the round ended 0-0 and I won via the Nilfgaardian faction ability (ties result in a victory)!

LosDaddie

Banned
Imo you've gone for a too generalized build. There's no focus and you won't get to the strong abilities. You're wasting points. You should focus on either strong or fast attacks. You can definitely match red and blue skills; personally I went with an all-out fast attack build, coupled with sign abilities in Axii and Quen, and finally two yellow skills; Sun & Stars and the Cat gear skill. You should probably stick to the top layer of one of the trees right now though, as you want to get to the bottom for some of the stronger abilities.

Ok. So you're saying just keep upgrading the Signs I already have points in, right? And focus on 1 of either Fast or Strong combat ability. Is that right?

I upgraded Geralt to suit my play style. I cast Quen before battle, try to oil up my blade if applicable, then go for the fight. I use a combo of Quick and Strong attacks, and either Aard or Axii depending on the enemy. I'm playing on the second most difficult setting.

I've been thinking of doing the whole Griffin armor thing. I did complete the scavenger hunt for all the gear already. The bonus for Sign and Adrenaline seems like it would be worth it. I just need to have the armor and weapons made.

dedhead54

3 different versions of the epilogue "Something Ends, Something Begins" regarding
what happens with Ciri
. Plus different outcomes for each of the narrated illustrations.

My curiosity will likely get the best of me before I have a chance to play all the way through the main quest again. But I'll try to resist spoiling them all via YouTube.

Branson

This game isn't really that hard he should be fine. Heh.

Ok. So you're saying just keep upgrading the Signs I already have points in, right? And focus on 1 of either Fast or Strong combat ability. Is that right?

I upgraded Geralt to suit my play style. I cast Quen before battle, try to oil up my blade if applicable, then go for the fight. I use a combo of Quick and Strong attacks, and either Aard or Axii depending on the enemy. I'm playing on the second most difficult setting.

I've been thinking of doing the whole Griffin armor thing. I did complete the scavenger hunt for all the gear already. The bonus for Sign and Adrenaline seems like it would be worth it. I just need to have the armor and weapons made.

Keep in mind that if you change your mind later, you can buy a potion to reset your skills. You could get the upgrades for all signs if you want to specialize in it, and I suppose if you do use combos between fast and strong attacks then investing in both could be useful, it's just that it'll cost you a lot of points that may prevent you from mastering either of them.

Griffin is the ugliest witcher set and some would call it the weakest, but it could be the best for someone who wants to go all out with signs. You'd do better of with Wolf though, however you can't get it until after act 1 iirc, which is quite far into the game.

I like how the game is for now, the setting and the ambience are awesome.

But I feel like I suck at it. A got no money, my gear is shit, can't make any potions or sword ointments...
Spoiler for Velen region :
Also I tried to take on the golem boss in Velen with the witch, at level 4, I just can't beat it. I think I might be underpowered.

I passed early on in the first round and barely won the second by playing my very last unit card. Turns out my opponent was in the same boat, because in the third round neither of us had any unit cards left. Since all we could play were weather cards, the round ended 0-0 and I won via the Nilfgaardian faction ability (ties result in a victory)!

The question is, what happens if both sides have Nilfgaard decks?

Skii

Lol yeah, you don't get the items just like that. There are quests; you'll encounter them in time, don't worry!

Haha, thanks! Just paranoid that my game is bugged.

Also, I'm playing it on hard and was just wondering, what's the differences between normal and hard? Do the enemies gain different attack patterns? Do I get better loot for playing hard?

zer0das

Banned

Had a game I lost by a score of like 103 to 102 in the second round as Nilfgaard.. won the third round 0-0. That was pretty funny.

Yen

This game is fantastic. I'm on lvl 11, played it for what must be 50 hours+, and I've only just made it to Nilfgaard and still have a ton of quests to do in Velen. Stunned at the size of the game - had never played a Witcher game before this.

Finally finished my summer classes and just binge played 7.5 horus of this game.130 hours, just got to Kaer Morhen.

No end in sight because I'm going to do EVERYTHING.

Meanwhile, I will say, The Last Wish was a fantastic mission and
Uma's description tag as the "ugliest man alive" had me in tears when I saw it first

As an aside, I'm pretty impressed with the cooling on my 970. 7.5 hours of play and temps hit 65C at the highest.

Korosenai

Still really sad I started caring about Gwent after the ball at the vegelbuds. I'll end up with every Gwent card but those three. Thinking back on it now though, does the game even let you know during that quest that you can do anything Gwent related?

Still really sad I started caring about Gwent after the ball at the vegelbuds. I'll end up with every Gwent card but those three. Thinking back on it now though, does the game even let you know during that quest that you can do anything Gwent related?

There is a small dialogue from geralt suggesting gwent activities if you wonder near that table.

IKizzLE

New wolf gear dlc armor.... Worth it? Yay or nay

Copied and pasted my previous post. Wolf has a bit of griffin, feline, and bear. You get the attack power, the sign enhancement and adrenaline from those three builds, plus a lot of DoT buffs. Also, its level 34 so all its base stats are greater than the other 3.

"Doesn't matter. With Bear, you build adrenaline so fast that you can constantly cast signs and do whirl with impunity. Just have the passive skill that lets you cast signs with Adrenaline, the build adrenaline faster skill that builds adrenaline when you cast signs and the attribute from the red tree that starts you off with one adrenaline point and 25% increase in adrenaline gain and you literally become a juggernaut.

Bear is all momentum based, once you start attacking, you don't stop until what ever is in front of you dies. No need to dodge. For example, pop quen then do whirl on any large enemy and you will build 3 adrenaline points in about 2 seconds. From there, you can constantly do Rend/Whirl/Quen non stop until they are dead without dodging, and build more adrenaline quicker than your expending it in the process. For lesser enemies, they fall very quickly because of the high dismember boosts and high critical hit damage buffs.

Literally, the only thing Cat has over Bear outside of stamina regen is a high critical hit chance but that is nullified when you are a spinning death machine attacking 10x every 2 seconds with infinite shield. Bear has higher critical hit damage buffs and constant adrenaline, so on average I was doing 66% more damage when criting compared to Cat."

With all that said, Mastercrafted Wolf is still better than Bear lol. Wolf is insane with the correct passives. And its the best looking IMO.
11709617_10154015866838662_147957482028758359_n.jpg

11667370_10154015866733662_2738209884446068193_n.jpg

RedSwirl

I'm looking at a DLgamer deal for $36 (GOG key) but I just realized, after the third time my bank blocked the purchase, that it's a UK key. Are GOG keys region-locked like that?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man this game is long. I want to do all the side quests in the game but I also really want to progress through the story, and it's a painful trade-off either way. I love the side quests but man there's a lot of them...

#firstworldproblems

z3phon

I recently started the game, 20-25 hours in so far and I'm not too happy with the performance on the ps4. I'm not too picky about frame rate and haven't had any issues with any games I've played on the ps4 as of yet except for Wticher 3.
I don't care about the whole 60vs30 fps so i'm not one who wants all the 1080p's and 60 fps in my games. I've enjoyed every game i've played so far on the ps4 performance wise.
I just want the game to feel smooth while im playing and not to feel like a slideshow. It's really making it hard for me to enjoy the game like this. During combats the performance is horrible. Is there any news on a performance improvement in the next patch.

Is the performance thing even a issue on the ps4 or am I the only one complaining about it.

Is there any news on a performance improvement in the next patch.
Yes there is. I recommend reading the Patch 1.07 - Changelog:
http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1081

But to make your life a little easier, because I'm a nice guy:
  • Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there should be an overall improvement in the speed with which game assets are loaded. Streaming system improvements should be most noticeable on consoles and systems with non-SSD drives.
  • Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.
  • Improves overall game performance.

IKizzLE

What passives would you recommend for Wolf?
The ones from the yellow tree that increases adrenaline gain when using signs and the one that allows you to cast signs using adrenaline. Also, from the red tree, the one that starts you off with one adrenaline point as soon as you enter battle and increases adrenaline gain by 25%. These combined will let you say, cast quen before a battle, then immediately cast yrden, then you can whirl people to death while building a bunch of adrenaline. And the wolf gear increases critical hit chance just as much as feline gear so you become a death dealing battle mage.

SoulClap

The ones from the yellow tree that increases adrenaline gain when using signs and the one that allows you to cast signs using adrenaline. Also, from the red tree, the one that starts you off with one adrenaline point as soon as you enter battle and increases adrenaline gain by 25%. These combined will let you say, cast quen before a battle, then immediately cast yrden, then you can whirl people to death while building a bunch of adrenaline. And the wolf gear increases critical hit chance just as much as feline gear so you become a death dealing battle mage.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to trying out this build.

Glass

Got my new graphics card, my Witcher 2 save ready, all things are perfect...Except now I can't stop reading Sword of Destiny, and love the idea of getting to know the characters even more before starting the game.

ebevan91

Yeah I have and I had totally forgotten about that faction ability, so I was like "well I guess we'll just have to play 1 more time", then I passed, he passed, and I won!

Frostburn

Finally getting started on the main quest-line in the second zone, the game is absolutely amazing so far. The only downside currently is the movement of both Geralt and Roach (In and out of combat) other then that this is hands down my GOTY so far.

Playing on PC through GOG Galaxy, running everything on High or Ultra settings, Hair FX off. Buttery smooth gameplay for me with a GTX 970 and i5-2500k.

Top Bottom