• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Do merchants disappear after completing the main quest? I went to Kaer Trolde to find the armorer near the bridge to get one of the Wolf Armor diagrams and he is no longer there.

Did you try meditating in front of where he's supposed to be? I don't think they're supposed to disappear.

Skii

Okay, I think I'm near the end of the game now.

I've just
freed Uma of the curse and it turns out he's the Elven mage. Now I'm trying to round up allies before I find Ciri which will trigger the big battle between Geralt and the Wild Hunt.

Should I complete all outstanding side quests now?

Apparently I've logged 80 hours into the game haha.

danthefan

In order to romance
Yen do I have to tell her I want to kiss her while escaping the poison gas in the Druid's rooms?
Because I didn't. Thinking of going back to an old save.

Hoplatee

I've just
freed Uma of the curse and it turns out he's the Elven mage. Now I'm trying to round up allies before I find Ciri which will trigger the big battle between Geralt and the Wild Hunt.

Go for it. Youll get another chance later on but not many more before the end.

You still have quite a lot to go though! The next 3 hours or so are insanely awesome.

Philtastic

I took a break from Witcher 3 when Windows 10 broke the Dualshock 4 and then Diablo 3 had a great patch. Now I'm back to this trying to get through the final 1/3 or so of the game!

I'm level 24 and picked up a skill that increases your damage after a successful parry+counter and decided to experiment a bit. Now, most of us (including me) tell people to mostly ignore parry and just dodge. I am here to say that this is wrong and that parry is absolutely amazing versus quick and small enemies that are usually a total nuisance to fight when you're just using dodge. When you time it right and get the counter, Geralt not only "dodges" the attack but also throws in a quick counter swing which allows you to kill fast enemies while basically being invulnerable. See my video here for a demonstration of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4o1OpByMg

bob page

Finally beat it.

I went into the game pretty blind after beating Witcher 2 and really took my time with it. I can confidently say that it's the best video game I've EVER played. I can't think of another game as overwhelming, yet beautiful, touching and engrossing. I honestly feel like this game is something special and won't be surprised if we don't see another game of its calibur in quite some time. I'm actually genuinely upset that it's over.

God damn that was good.

Hoplatee

Finally beat it.

I went into the game pretty blind after beating Witcher 2 and really took my time with it. I can confidently say that it's the best video game I've EVER played. I can't think of another game as overwhelming, yet beautiful, touching and engrossing. I honestly feel like this game is something special and won't be surprised if we don't see another game of its calibur in quite some time. I'm actually genuinely upset that it's over.

God damn that was good.

This is how I feel as well. Gameplay wise it might not always be 'the best' but the complete experience makes it my favorite game in so many years, maybe ever. The whole trilogy is for sure. It's very odd because I honestly never really like open world games that much.

I still can't believe how good the body language / facial animations are. Ending spoiler -
I nearly cried in the best ending when Geralt says this means goodbye forever to Ciri :(

I've just

You're still in act 2 out of 3. Regardless, most side-quests will be available post-game too, but definitely make sure to do the ones concerning important characters.

Skii

Go for it. Youll get another chance later on but not many more before the end.

You still have quite a lot to go though! The next 3 hours or so are insanely awesome.

Thanks. I look forward to it!

You're still in act 2 out of 3. Regardless, most side-quests will be available post-game too, but definitely make sure to do the ones concerning important characters.

This is only act 2 of 3?! How have I played 80 hours and only managed 2/3s lol. I'm not even doing any of the points of interest like in White Orchard. I'm only doing side quest and main quests.

Anyway, I managed to get
all the allies rounded up except Djikstra. He really does hate me for some reason. Must've made the wrong decision during one of his quests

I also tried my hand in that Gwent tournament but was absolutely wrecked. I'm not ready.
My first opponent had ridiculous draw power. I already have 4 drawing cards in my deck but this guy seemed to have even more. I couldn't match him. The quest continued and it ended up with someone stealing the pot but I wanted to complete the gwent tournament as I don't want to miss out on potential cards so I went back to a previous save

I don't have any character specific quests left but I'm going to try and find more of the Witcher gear.

Hoplatee

Anyway, I managed to get
all the allies rounded up except Djikstra. He really does hate me for some reason. Must've made the wrong decision during one of his quests

Yeah.
Had that too. You need to ask Caleb Menge about the treasure instead of info about our dear friend Dand. He will give you the location but then you have to fight like a million Witch Hunters later on because he smells trouble. Not like it really matters though. It is fun to replay that bit to see how you do get the info about D afterwards though. Triss :3 :3

Yeah.
Had that too. You need to ask Caleb Menge about the treasure instead of info about our dear friend Dand. He will give you the location but then you have to fight like a million Witch Hunters later on because he smells trouble. Not like it really matters though. It is fun to replay that bit to see how you do get the info about D afterwards though. Triss :3 :3

On my last playthrough I didn't
let them torture Triss so I did this time. And man, that was gut-wrenching.

After, you can see her hand is bloody. Poor girl.

Xeteh

Damnit, didn't realize two smaller side-quests were bugged if you waited to do them until later in the game.

Not really spoiler-y but just in case. Late game quests:
If you wait until you return to Novigrad for the Final Preparations to have Triss decompress the Statuettes the quests are broken. Triss will take you to the small house on the bits, say she's all ready and then nothing happens. She just stands there and does nothing.
I'm going to have these sitting in my inventory and questlog now and it'll drive me insane!

Wow, I just played the game for the first time in months, and I'm shocked at how much worse it is now. I thought there was a lot of hyperbole going on but the PS4 version is seriously worse now than it was at launch. The framerate is lower, it's glitchier, loading screens are longer and dialog options are slower. Now only that, but there's no music for me, no matter what I try. The music is just gone. EDIT: Managed to get the music back by turning the "music volume" to zero, saving, and then taking it back up to 100, lol. It's all good now.

Finalow

so the Master Armorer and Archgriffin quests give no EXP. great, nice bug! And I also got 25 crowns for killing a monster 6 levels above me. YAY, such rewards

painey

Just beat it after 99 hours. I cried. This game was amazingly written. Wish I had played Witcher 1 back in the day, but it just never ran on my rig.

K' Dash

Just finished this,I loved my ending.

Ciri dies and Geralt stays in the Crone hut, broken after finding Ciri's amulet while being sorrounded by necros,
I could feel the suffering and despair, amazing.

Now we wait.

Ricker

Whats with these awful instant death on a timer weather bits in this game,this late....ruining the entire game almost for me...jesus christ,is there something I am missing here to protect me or give me more time or whatever...?

EDIT: found a few tricks that helped,got through it. ;)

Xeteh

Just finished getting all the Gwent cards in my NG+ playthrough... it wasn't as painful as I expected it to be. Now I want to hit all the points of interest but... man is that daunting.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
83 hours in and i'm on my way to Novigrad...

Who am I kidding. Going back to the crossroads to win another Gwent Card.
Just visited Oxenfurt. It looked beautiful and had a wonderul atmosphere, but felt a bit empty. Is there more to see and do in Novigrad?

Most of those haircuts look super weird. :p

Coreda

Thought I'd give this a try after finishing MGSV...

...crashes as soon as I get in game. Steam refund a go.

Try enabling exclusive 'Fullscreen' in the settings rather than borderless window as suggested in the OP. It's a fairly common cause of crashes to desktop, unless the game doesn't even get that far...

83 hours in and i'm on my way to Novigrad...
How did it take you so long? I thought I was being a bit slow and I got there around the 35 hours mark. Did most all of the sidequests and contracts below and around level 14, I'm now progressing through the story a bit. Did you go question-marks-hunting? :D

I'm trying not to rush too much, but at the same time I'd really like to finish the game before the DLC comes out. I'll do my best.

Lanrutcon

Try enabling exclusive 'Fullscreen' in the settings rather than borderless window as suggested in the OP. It's a fairly common cause of crashes to desktop, unless the game doesn't even get that far...

I had to take several steps to get it running. Drivers being the least of it. Maybe not the most technically sound game,

Ostinatto

I havent played the game since launch, im in skellige, i now i cant wear my gear because my lvl is too low, wtf? i was wearing that gear with no problem, now im in my underwear, is this a glitch or something?

I havent played the game since launch, im in skellige, i now i cant wear my gear because my lvl is too low, wtf? i was wearing that gear with no problem, now im in my underwear, is this a glitch or something?

Some Witcher Gear has had its level requirements increased by two levels for balancing reasons. There's a potion in your inventory that you can use to reequip your gear.

Zukuu

Banned
Just finished the game with the imo best ending:

-Ciri chose her own path => Witcher, no one telling her what to do.
-Witcher settled down with Triss.
-Skelege prospers.
-North in peace under new rule. Temeria restored.

Play time around 7 days, but I don't think that's actual "playtime" since I have had the game on for hours on end but didn't actively play it, but I have poured at least 80 to 100 hours in it. Finished every quest available in the entire game (unless I missed something), except a bugged quest (Soldier's Statue).

Great game, but somehow lacking remembrance compared to Witcher 1 or even 2. Everything was very samey to me. Not a single location was very memorable. Everything was so "polished" that the world was actually rather boring. While that's obviously a flaw, it's also something that makes the game very unique. It's just a "world", where you play in. A believable one at that, meaning it was totally immersive. I don't know how to convey that point, but I noticed that very early on already, when I was just running through the fields of local farmers and wasn't really interested in exploring the little village, where nothing seem to happen. Kinda funny how that works. Although that is a critique point of mine: Lack of talking with non-quest related people. Kinda missed that, compared to say, Gothic 1 and 2 (still king when it comes to world building imo).

Combat was serviceable, but enjoyable. A bit repetitive, but I don't really mind that. Lack of "oomph" skills was more dissapointed. As a melee, I did the same thing the entire game, except for the whirlwhind skill. Every perk was just +%damage/crit/crit damage/adrenaline gain. Others were slightly more impacting, like "Rage management", which was a key component to my Quen build.
With level 12 or so, the game became rather easy, even on Death March. I don't mind that too much tho, since I like to "break games with the tools it gives me" and become OP through strategy.

I really love Geralt and Triss as characters. If you played Witcher 1 and 2, you really notice how Geralt's character developed, in particular emotionally.

All in all it was a very good and enjoyable experience. One of the best WRPGs in years or even ever. Better than Dragon Age:I definitely.

mm04

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but can someone tell me how to determine on GOG which DLC I've actually already downloaded? I finished the game months ago and have waited for all the DLC to be out and the expansions for another play through, but I feel like I've re-installed some of the same DLC multiple times already.

painey

The 50 or whatever headshot one suuuucks

Seriously. I have 5 left. One is get to level 35, but I'm all out of quests, so that will have to wait for DLC and one is the Axii control kills one, which requires me buying the potion and respecing - which I really can't be bothered to do. I guess I will go grind some headshots, but the hitboxes are fucked up and it is getting frustrating.. its just not an achievement you would unlock naturally, and the number required is bafflingly high

Coreda

Wolf/wolven hour potion I believe.

E) Yup. One time use only obviously.

Wasn't aware it was one-time use. God that must be annoying for those stuck without armor. I mean, lower level pieces can always be re-crafted but it wasn't handled ideally.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but can someone tell me how to determine on GOG which DLC I've actually already downloaded? I finished the game months ago and have waited for all the DLC to be out and the expansions for another play through, but I feel like I've re-installed some of the same DLC multiple times already.

In the game's main menu click the DLC item and it will display what is installed.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finally finished this game after taking a few months break, ending was satisfying (got the best one) and I feel happy with all my choices.

Ciri becomes Empress and can start fixing shit ASAP.
Cerys rules Skeilige
Radovid is dead because fuck that guy and his racist genocide campaign
Geralt is retired with Yenn <3, dude was getting too old for this witcher nonsense

Feels good man. I wish the game was 10-15 hours shorter though, I was playing on Death March and while the combat become very easy about 8 hours in it was still a massive chore. Enemies would stunlock you out of nowhere, Geralt gets stuck on terrain and stops responding, the last few boss fights were just an absolute slog to get through, and the AI would just cheat all the time. Very frustrating experience probably why I would only give the game a 9/10 instead of a perfect score. Also had a couple of bugged quests that had to be reloaded or given up on sadly.

It's still probably my GoTY but mods and enhanced editions need to polish a lot of things up.

Top Bottom