• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Operation Annihilation (I hear this includes the Secret Missions on VE and Easy. Is that true?)
Mind if I Borrow That? (I'm... not sure what weapons I've picked up or not. Does this part also mean using them? Is there a list?)

1. Yes. It's easier since there are no Regah's to deal with. Just make sure to complete the Operation you're on so it saves the achievement.
2. No list sadly. This one and the Stomper series are super annoying because of this. One thing to help is go to 5-B and do the Regah here as there are about 9 of the items here and they count toward it. I don't think you need to use them, just pick them up once. It's best to make a list of all the enemies except for the blobs and foot soldiers and try for them as you get other achievements. Just remember to watch what color ring the enemy has as they teleport. Kill them with the matching color Wonderful One to make them drop the weapon. The last one I needed was the spikey tank's cannon, since I thought the green one had the same thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I finally managed to get Drill of Iron by being a cheap-ass and playing it on Easy. Now I have Wonder-Red (Emeritus).

Though getting to there, I noticed I was getting a lot of Platinum rankings... I guess I'll go with Easy for the Platinum Paragon. Cheap I know but I'm not a very good player...

do you guys find some of the early bosses harder than the later well i am only interring 7a

need to see if i can put another 5 hours this morning

I finally managed to get Drill of Iron by being a cheap-ass and playing it on Easy. Now I have Wonder-Red (Emeritus).

Though getting to there, I noticed I was getting a lot of Platinum rankings... I guess I'll go with Easy for the Platinum Paragon. Cheap I know but I'm not a very good player...

is there bottle caps for beating everything on normal or hard?

I wish there was a screen to keep better track of that stuff guess I have to beat the game once to see if it opens up anything

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
THIS GAME
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

BatDan

do you guys find some of the early bosses harder than the later well i am only interring 7a

need to see if i can put another 5 hours this morning

is there bottle caps for beating everything on normal or hard?

I wish there was a screen to keep better track of that stuff guess I have to beat the game once to see if it opens up anything

Yes.
You get four for Normal (one for beating 1-3, one for 4-6, one for 7-9, and one for beating all the stages), and another four for Hard (same stages). Only one for 101% Hard though (beating all the stages).

There is the Bottlecap Collection in the menu. Just pause the game, go over a couple screens and Bottlecaps are at the bottom. Though you can't see what characters it unlocks until you beat the game once.

TThis Game!

One of the best games ever created on Dearth.

Final Battle took forever I was just on normal so this will suck on hard but I got to chip away at the bottlecaps every once in a while

unlocked models are amazing

I only have 74 members :(

so I have no clue where the others are hidden

man that was a 13 hour rush just to make it from 7-9 on normal I feel so wasted and tired
so much Excitement and Amazing shit

BatDan

Hard mode does NOT fuck around!
The Secret Mission of 002-B (the regular one, not the Kahkoo-Regah). In Normal and below it's two laser tanks and one cannon tank. In Hard it's two laser tanks and THREE cannon tanks. It's a non-stop assault.
Eventually I just abused Hero Time but even then it took a lot out of me. I'm surprised I got Bronze for that.

leroidys

The Secret Mission of 002-B (the regular one, not the Kahkoo-Regah). In Normal and below it's two laser tanks and one cannon tank. In Hard it's two laser tanks and THREE cannon tanks. It's a non-stop assault.
Eventually I just abused Hero Time but even then it took a lot out of me. I'm surprised I got Bronze for that.

I didn't even find hard mode that hard for the normal missions, but the Kahkoo-Regah - holy shit. I was stuck on some of those for hours.

That secret mission was surprisingly hard, on par with several Kahkoo-Regah. Took me quite a few tries on both Hard and 101% Hard.

up to 88, is there a trick to getting Wonder Gambler? It is hard to only have 3 tries damn

Gamefaqs got you covered :D

I need a place with pics and vids of where the stuff are

my to do list:

--> learn how to stack my morphs I've seen the Saur video but I need to get out of the smashing buttons habit I hardly get bronze

Q: does time count against your ranking, if you took 40 minutes instead of 20mins does it count against you score > getting Gold or Silver?

What is the most overpowered skill combo you can give your hero?

going to keep playing until MK8

popyea

Youtube user NinjaSyao has lots of good stuff for finding collectables and secret missions. His video descriptions also have some great advice for certain tricky missions. That in conjunction with the gamefaqs guide should cover everything when going for 100%.

sorry for the bump since I am the only one playing right now.

what is the deal with secret missions and Kahkoo-regah
do I just have to find them to get a bottle cap or do I have to beat them?

I was hoping I could find them all and not have to fight and complete them why does unlocking all secret characters so hard

101% Hard is not going to be fun, I need a cheat code :(

Akiller

I was hoping I could find them all and not have to fight and complete them why does unlocking all secret characters so hard

I can't remember if there's a bottle cap that requires you to finde them only but you have to beat them anyway if you want the other caps.

I know, it's hard. I had to pause my (very easy) platinum run a couple of months ago cause exams, it's too late for me :(

popyea

You get a bottlecap just for finding them all and activating them (on normal, hard and 101% hard), but you need to beat all of those (you can get any rank though) to get the other bottle cap.

It helps to be really organised when going for the achievements. I had to write out a plan that would help me work towards multiple bottle cap tasks during an operation run through. Some of it is kinda tedious, but because I was still having fun with the combat it didn't bother me. Felt more like I was replaying the game for fun, but with bottlecaps as a side objective.

thanks guys, not sure what to go for now I guess I need to unlock 101% Hard also need to try a platinum run

can you become over powered so that 101% Hard becomes easier?

need to go have fun with this

popyea

thanks guys, not sure what to go for now I guess I need to unlock 101% Hard also need to try a platinum run

can you become over powered so that 101% Hard becomes easier?

need to go have fun with this

101% hard wasn't really that difficult to just complete. Obviously you're not going to get stuck that often, since you can't lose progress by dying in regular missions. Overall, if you've got a good handle on quickly drawing morphs, you'll enjoy 101% hard, since the lack of slow-mo when drawing makes everything feel faster and more satisfying. It helps a lot when you're able to use both sticks at the same time and perform stingers and cyclones as you create the morph. That's the point where the combat really opens up.

If you can beat Hard, you can beat 101 Hard. The only difference is that time doesn't stop when you use Wonder Line, and abusing Hero Sense does that just as easily.

thanks again I think I'll try to do one Operation per day for the next 3-4 month to clear everything, even if Mario Kart gets in the way I can at least spend an hour to progress through clearig and just save my progress for a single Goal
I want Bayonetta! So I wont quit until I have her

I am not good at setting my morphs yet after all these hours I still suck.
TadkV.gif

I actually made an HTML checklist for all the secret missions and Kahkoo-Regah for each difficulty. I printed it and have it by my side with a pen every time I play; it's a lifesaver. This might be useful for some people, I guess? I uploaded to Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwgV6PdDgkbBc2xWXzdMTEZWQWc/edit?usp=sharing
It asks you to login but you can download it without logging in, then open with, say, Firefox, shrink it enough so that it fits one page (portrait at 70% did the trick for me) and print it. Hope it helps!
Oh, K.R. is "Kahkoo-Regah" and O.M. is "overworld mission" (that is, secret missions that are not Kahkoo-Regah, most often found by backtracking). Remember the latter need to be completed in all 5 difficulties (as marked in the file).

jjust beat 1-3 on hard to get a bottle cap

guys Hard is just Hard everything is a bit more challenging the enemies are more agressive and the boss fights have new tricky patterns :(

it took over an hour just to beat a boss ugh

60 bottlecaps and no unlocks :(

tthatt baseball bat bottlecap felt so good to get
3AQmK.gif

I was just thinking they should make the suits out of the same stuff they make the underwear and we would be invincible in this game

one of my many deaths posted on miiverse
hT9r4hh.jpg

if only the had a bottle cap for dying :(

can't seem to get Unite Guru bottle cap

I'm at 9-B shield generators

when it says single combo it means I cannot let the numbers reset while I am doing this but I keep forgetting what to draw next
KuGsj.gif

this bottle cap hunt is rage worthy

give me unlock codes I am tired

thefro

Got my refurb Wii U from Nintendo yesterday so I finally got to play this. First game I popped into the Wii U.

- I thought I'd be able to pick the basics up a little more quickly since I've watched videos of gameplay, Saar's video series, etc. Nope! Had trouble with the tutorial level since I made the same mistake that IGN did that everyone made fun of and thought you had to press "A" to lock in the Wonder Liner like the other shapes. Getting used to the Wii U Controller didn't help any. Had to skim through the manual.
- Things have finally clicked into place somewhat and I can pull off the basic 3 shapes with the R-stick. Got through Operation 001-B with only 1 death on the first time (and I'm playing on Normal).
- The levels are pretty long (35 minutes) and the game isn't really clear that you can continue from the checkpoint if you turn off the game. Maybe that's in the manual too.
- I'll have to check the options to see if there's a way to turn off the tilt controls for the inside building parts and just use R + Right stick. Definitely a weird spot with the controls there.

Basically it's pretty great like I expected, but I can definitely understand the criticism that they needed a better tutorial.

- The levels are pretty long (35 minutes) and the game isn't really clear that you can continue from the checkpoint if you turn off the game. Maybe that's in the manual too.

The game does pop a "saving" prompt, which would not make much sense if you couldn't continue from there. I guess it's pretty much standard enough for games now (including all past P* games) that they didn't feel the need to say so... :)

- I'll have to check the options to see if there's a way to turn off the tilt controls for the inside building parts and just use R + Right stick. Definitely a weird spot with the controls there.

Yeah, there is: holding L turns them off. So you can pretty much play those sections holding both L and R and using the right analog for the camera. Tip: Hitting Minus switches the screens, which is also quite a big help when navigating those.

I seem to find a lot of bugs in this game

I was fighting a giant crab even after I cracked open the shell Pressing Y using the claw to get to the soft tissue I could not damage it
KuGsj.gif

it was such a stupid glitch

another one is pressing B during the jump in the shuttle train ride but it does not jump

Joei

OMG, it happened. Today before work I started playing for a few minutes to kill some time and I was actually enjoying myself. I did one of the early missions to practice a little and started to function better in battle. I was annoyed I had to go to work because I wanted to keep playing. Is this how it starts?

I seem to find a lot of bugs in this game

I was fighting a giant crab even after I cracked open the shell Pressing Y using the claw to get to the soft tissue I could not damage it
KuGsj.gif

it was such a stupid glitch

another one is pressing B during the jump in the shuttle train ride but it does not jump

Regarding the giant crab, you mean you could not damage immediately after? It closes a few seconds after being exposed.

Regarding the jumps, you have to be on the edge (often a PARTICULAR edge) of the platform you're in to be able to jump, even if Wonder-Red already has said "Wonder Jump!". It takes a bit of practice in some sequences.

Regarding the giant crab, you mean you could not damage immediately after? It closes a few seconds after being exposed.

Regarding the jumps, you have to be on the edge (often a PARTICULAR edge) of the platform you're in to be able to jump, even if Wonder-Red already has said "Wonder Jump!". It takes a bit of practice in some sequences.

I'm talking about the jump for the white shuttle ride it has a bottle cap for not taking any damage

I sometimes press B and no jump happens

As for the crab no it was immune to all damage had to do the special W to even hurt it
it was a glitch because I fourth him a lot and just using Wonder White to open the crack after you cut the legs with Blue is enough to drain his health but this time I was using wonder black bombed him but after the bomb went away his health meter was stuck even cutting his legs and causing him to fall opening his cracked shell tombstones and using claw at the soft tissue the Health Bar did not move so I repeated that for a while it was W that end the glitch and his health start to drain again.

Also this video made me extremely disappointed !!!SPOILER of all MORPHS with All Characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asmwmncsnpI

what the hell are those morphs? does this mean I have not yet played enough to unlock these damn, this game is too much work

Proven

Also this video made me extremely disappointed !!!SPOILER of all MORPHS with All Characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asmwmncsnpI

what the hell are those morphs? does this mean I have not yet played enough to unlock these damn, this game is too much work

There are about 10 hidden characters and each of them have their own morph (some of them even replace morphs). Then there are also 1 or 2 extra general morphs.

Joei

I'm in Operation 3, I get stuck under a glass floor, kill the enemies to make the poison go away and I'm stuck. And it's shit like this that makes me want to quit this game. How the hell do I get out of the floor? Does it give me absolutely any f'n clue or idea? No. There's an opening I can see in the floor, but I'm stuck jumping around, pressing random buttons for what feels like forever with no clue what's going on or what to do.

Raysoul

I'm in Operation 3, I get stuck under a glass floor, kill the enemies to make the poison go away and I'm stuck. And it's shit like this that makes me want to quit this game. How the hell do I get out of the floor? Does it give me absolutely any f'n clue or idea? No. There's an opening I can see in the floor, but I'm stuck jumping around, pressing random buttons for what feels like forever with no clue what's going on or what to do.

If you are past the 1st person gamepad view and removed the poison, you only need to go to the upper-left part to proceed.

Does it give me absolutely any f'n clue or idea? No.

After you kill the enemies, there's a cutscene showing the door you need to go through opening on the upper left wall. They also showed that same door opening with a cutscene when you turned the gear above the glass floor, which is why you went down in this poison area to begin with.

Press Select to cycle through the display modes so you can more easily see your guys and navigate them to the door or just use the gamepad.

Top Bottom