• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

laika09

For the life of me I don't know why Amazon isnt shipping my preorder until July 9th. And with sales tax. *sigh* end of an era.

Do you live in Texas? I think Amazon started charging sales tax for orders there on July 1.

Of course, in New York we've been paying it for like 10 years.

coughlanio

Also, people in the UK, do you think I'll have any trouble finding this game in the UK on Saturday? My girlfriend lives in Northern Ireland, and the UK price is £25 (€31), compared to €45 here in Ireland, and I'll be up there this weekend.

Also, people in the UK, do you think I'll have any trouble finding this game in the UK on Saturday? My girlfriend lives in Northern Ireland, and the UK price is £25 (€31), compared to €45 here in Ireland, and I'll be up there this weekend.

I doubt it. I'd be very surprised if you were unable to find a copy.

beje

Banned

Not at all. Games are officially released on Fridays and most of the times the street date is broken (usually by Wednesday).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Didn't know about these: Theatrhythm related products:

I like the keychains, but damn them for using those chains. Those things break so easily. That would fall off my keys after a month.

Picked up a copy this morning as soon as Best Buy opened.

Taking a break from the game at the moment.

This game is AMAZING!

Since I've been playing rhythm games for years, it was easy to get into and understand what's going on. Then again, even if you've never played a rhythm game before, it will be extremely easy to follow.

I spent a few tries on the tutorials, getting all "Criticals" (aka perfect score) before moving on. I did this, not because it was needed, but because when it comes to rhythm games, I feel the need to perfect every song I play. That's why I find these games so fun.

Achievements...collectible cards....leveling up...70 songs PLUS DLC. I'm in love. I won't be buying any DLC until I get the XL, though, but at least I have something to look forward to.

Maybe it's just me but I find the volume a little low but throw on a pair of headphones and you're good to go.

This game feels like KI:U in terms of production value. Another must have 3DS game. Easily a 10/10 game for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People may or may not remember but the first batch of DLC was on sale for the first week or two in Japan at 100 yen so it looks like they might be doing that again here.

BlackJace

Man, fuck Toys r Us. I preordered the game over a month ago, and now I get an email saying it's now on backorder.

Now I have to cancel and run over to a Gamestop.

This game really looks cool... but the DLC... ugh. Is there ever going to be a "complete" edition? Do those kinds of things happen with this style of game?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, fuck Toys r Us. I preordered the game over a month ago, and now I get an email saying it's now on backorder.

Now I have to cancel and run over to a Gamestop.

In the future, I recommend ordering games from Amazon.

I had some reward certificates to use at Best Buy so I picked up a copy there. They had to search in the back twice for it. Apparently they only received 2 copies to sell in the store. Looking at the computer there were only 1-2 copies at every store in the area. I guess they aren't expecting it to sell well.

bounchfx

Wasn't going to buy this. But the nostalgia is too strong.

same. once I saw 70 songs, SOLD. I would pay 40 just to listen to the music let alone play a game.

does anyone have any idea when the USA dlc comes out?

there's some really good ones for download it looks like

Macstorm

Just got this.

The first batch of available add-on tracks include:
1. “Battle Theme 1” (FINAL FANTASY II)
2. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IV)
3. “Fighters of the Crystal” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
4. “Fighting Fate” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
5. “In Search of Light” (FINAL FANTASY V)
6. “Cosmo Canyon” (FINAL FANTASY VII)
7. “Ride On” (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
8. “A Fleeting Dream” (FINAL FANTASY X)

Each track is available for $0.99.

This game really looks cool... but the DLC... ugh. Is there ever going to be a "complete" edition? Do those kinds of things happen with this style of game?

70 songs out of the box isn't a complete game?

I'd actually like to know if there is even room for more data on the card. There's a LOT of content on there.

I got it in the mail from Best Buy today! Woo!

Does anyone know how they handle preorder bonuses? I didn't get my stylus. :(

Do they usually ship those seperate? Or should it have shown up with the game?

Mine specifically said it was in with the game (and it was). I wonder if this is one of those truly "while supplies last" scenarios where only so many of the first run included the bonus.

I'd contact them just to make sure.

Mine specifically said it was in with the game (and it was). I wonder if this is one of those truly "while supplies last" scenarios where only so many of the first run included the bonus.

I'd contact them just to make sure.

Grabbed my copy and while I haven't opened the package it looks like the bonus is shrinkwrapped underneath the cover.

Evlar

Banned
Just picked it up on the basis of positive reactions here. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I can already say that S-E certainly knows how to play on fans' nostalgia. Even the "faces in the holes inside the case" had me tripping down memory lane.

I had this initially marked in my mind as a cheaply produced cash-cow, but the production values on the packaging alone are pretty great for a 2012 game. Thus it's at least a lavishly produced cash-cow.

thetrin

Man, I'm so excited for this. Watching the QL reminded me how nostalgic FF music is for me. If you've never played FF, I guess you're going to get a fun rhythm game, but you're going to miss out on most of what the game has to offer.

Although it's a shame most of the game's nostalgia factor will be lost on me, due to only having played through FFVII, at least that will save me money in regards to DLC, as it's not like I'll be tempted to download a bunch of extra stuff.

However, the one exception is "Those Who Fight Further". It's one of my favourite tracks in FFVII, so I'll definitely be buying that one. But beyond that, I have no interest in buying more.

Netto-kun

Launch trailer.

Since I live in Norway and ordered the game from Amazon UK (saves around 200 NOK), I won't get it till sometimes next week. So jelly of all of you that are getting it today.

Went to best buy to pick up preorder. No best buys in austin received stylus. Complained and they gave me $10 off. Said they'll call if they come in.

The stylus is inside the case itself AFAIK. I should just open mine up and find out. There is a sticker on the outside that lets you know you have the stylus version.

My copy should be delivered from Amazon by noon. I haven't been following the game closely and I was able to order when it was $29.99. But after reading through the 3 pages, I'm pretty stoked to play this!

And there is no Club Nintendo code, right?

Defunkled

Amazon sent my copy to the wrong carrier facility so I probably won't even have this game until Thursday because of the holiday. Thanks, Amazon!

Amazon sent my copy to the wrong carrier facility so I probably won't even have this game until Thursday because of the holiday. Thanks, Amazon!

Small consolation, but if it's going to miss its delivery window shoot them a quick customer service ticket and they should give you some promo credit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
pretty sweet, sad that they're that expensive (especially compared to RB), and where's The Extreme? dammit :(

either way, It will be VERY hard to not buy all of the songs.

It's DLC I believe and it's not the full song if I remember correctly like it literally gets cut off

Just picked it up on the basis of positive reactions here. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I can already say that S-E certainly knows how to play on fans' nostalgia. Even the "faces in the holes inside the case" had me tripping down memory lane.

I had this initially marked in my mind as a cheaply produced cash-cow, but the production values on the packaging alone are pretty great for a 2012 game. Thus it's at least a lavishly produced cash-cow.
That's not an S-E specific thing, most 3DS game cases have inserts like that now.

Top Bottom