• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Evlar

Banned
When I said "lavish", I was referring in part to the full-color, staple-bound manual. Most publishers aren't doing that anymore... not even Nintendo.

laika09

I've always done so, but it seemed like toys r us was the first to have it at $30, so I hopped right on it.

Amazon occasionally matches other pre-order discounts, and I've never received a release-date delivery game late from them (out of ~20 tries). Unless something is an extreme impulse buy then I never bother looking anywhere else anymore.

still out for delivery (._.)

zroid

Banned
Bizarre that there are copies without the stylus inside. As far as I could tell, every first shipment copy should have had one.

I like how even the promotional text on the box plays up the nostalgic appeal of the game. They sure know their audience. :D

Oh my god, Theatrhythm is wonderful. It is just joyful to play. It's full of nostalgia for me, and I only had time to run through one set of levels/I'm hooked.

There is a lot to unlock, and I mean a lot.

Plus the RPG elements are barely there but it's a fun diversion to your normal rhythm game. The 3D looks nice on it also.

I played through FFVIII's level and the music...oh the music.

The game has over 70 tracks on the cart, so even with the dlc, this game is loaded with content. I wonder if Square maxed out the cart. Either way...get this game, I wish I was off work so I could continue to play.

Also, the art style is sooooooo adorable. Great stuff, this is probably one of the best games on the 3DS so far.

Picked up my pre-order at lunch, guy behind the counter said they got 4 copies in and they were all pre-orders...if you haven't pre-ordered and want this game I would not wait.

laika09

Oh my god, Theatrhythm is wonderful. It is just joyful to play. It's full of nostalgia for me, and I only had time to run through one set of levels/I'm hooked.

There is a lot to unlock, and I mean a lot.

Plus the RPG elements are barely there but it's a fun diversion to your normal rhythm game. The 3D looks nice on it also.

I played through FFVIII's level and the music...oh the music.

The game has over 70 tracks on the cart, so even with the dlc, this game is loaded with content. I wonder if Square maxed out the cart. Either way...get this game, I wish I was off work so I could continue to play.

Also, the art style is sooooooo adorable. Great stuff, this is probably one of the best games on the 3DS so far.

You guys are sending my hype through the roof :| If this isn't my GotY I'll be massively disappointed at this point. 3 more hours til I'm out of work.

Picked up my pre-order at lunch, guy behind the counter said they got 4 copies in and they were all pre-orders...if you haven't pre-ordered and want this game I would not wait.

Seems like this got an extremely limited run in NA and Europe. Not a huge surprise.

Chairhome

This has probably been asked already, but do the DLC songs come with any new backgrounds or anything? Or is it just the song on an included-with-game background?

zroid

Banned
Ah, Kollar's review for Polygon is up. 8.5/10

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is one of the smartest games Square has released in the FF line in some time. It pulls players in right away but hides a great amount of depth and bonus content. It pays reverence to the past but tries something new and isn't above making a joke or two at its own expense. I have a lot of great memories of Final Fantasy that Theatrhythm brought to mind, but judging by recent releases, Final Fantasy could stand to start hitting some of the notes that Theatrhythm plays so beautifully.

zroid

Banned
Also when I went to Best Buy to pick up a copy, they thought it was releasing this upcoming Sunday :/

I had to insist they look in the back for the game and see that it's out today. Incompetence :<

WatTsu

Also when I went to Best Buy to pick up a copy, they thought it was releasing this upcoming Sunday :/

I had to insist they look in the back for the game and see that it's out today. Incompetence :<

At least yours got the game. Mine said they hadn't gotten a shipment of it in yet. And I preordered, too.

(This is the first actual problem I've had with Best Buy, making it more frustrating.)

MicH

This is now listed as unavailable at Amazon UK. Dioes snyone know why - and are our preorders being sent out?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy just arrived. Going to fire it up over lunch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They probably reached their allotted shipment, the preorders went through the roof after the demo went up on the eShop.

Yeah, it even reached Amazon Uk top 10, basically the best placement for a 3DS game on Amazon so far. XD

bounchfx

played through ff8, really like the 3 different styles of levels, but I want to clear up something, there are 70 songs, yes, but all of the opening + ending songs are not really levels, more like mini videos for extra points, so that's 26 'songs' that aren't really a part of the real game. something to keep in mind is all.

and I can't get into the store either.

Boogiepop

How bad are the XIII spoilers in here? Like, how late into the game? I'm up through chapter 6 now, but it looks like Theatrhythm is gonna arrive before I can finish, so I'm trying to decide whether to do them simultaneously or painfully leave Theatrhythm sitting on my shelf while I finish up XIII.

Question: are there any normal stages to play the games' ending songs? I was watching Giant Bomb's video, and they showed that Final Fantasy IV's ending music was just a fluff screen where you just tap for every note, not a real challenge stage. As I really like some of those ending songs, I'd want a real stage for them.

I don't think it's out yet in NA, is it? Lazy NoA bums probably waiting till Thursday along with the usual stuff.

First North American, European Theatrhythm Final Fantasy DLC Unveiled

UPDATE: The North American DLC will be available "later today" according to Square Enix.

1. “Battle Theme 1” (FINAL FANTASY II)

2. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IV)

3. “Fighters of the Crystal” (FINAL FANTASY XI)

4. “Fighting Fate” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)

5. “In Search of Light” (FINAL FANTASY V)

6. “Cosmo Canyon” (FINAL FANTASY VII)

7. “Ride On” (FINAL FANTASY VIII)

8. “A Fleeting Dream” (FINAL FANTASY X)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How bad are the XIII spoilers in here? Like, how late into the game? I'm up through chapter 6 now, but it looks like Theatrhythm is gonna arrive before I can finish, so I'm trying to decide whether to do them simultaneously or painfully leave Theatrhythm sitting on my shelf while I finish up XIII.

End game spoilers.

Famassu

This game really looks cool... but the DLC... ugh. Is there ever going to be a "complete" edition? Do those kinds of things happen with this style of game?
Unless they increase the size of the game card, no. The devs have said they filled the game card with the seventy songs that are on it already. The first 8 DLC song are actually songs that they had ready for the game, but couldn't fit on the game card.

Though, not like there are any other music games with DLC that have ever had any kind of Complete or GOTY version (games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero etc.)

I register my games but I can never seem to find anything on the site about redeeming the points. Maybe I just don't have enough.

--

The stylus is pretty nice. I think I've decided on Terra!

I remember there being a GAF thread about S-E members at one time. But with their points, you don't redeem them for codes like with Club Nintendo. Instead you're trying to amass points to reach special tiers and there is an annual prize for each tier you've reached in a given year.

Unless they increase the size of the game card, no. The devs have said they filled the game card with the seventy songs that are on it already. The first 8 DLC song are actually songs that they had ready for the game, but couldn't fit on the game card.

There are actually 80 songs on the card, so you're just making stuff up.

zroid

Banned
I remember there being a GAF thread about S-E members at one time. But with their points, you don't redeem them for codes like with Club Nintendo. Instead you're trying to amass points to reach special tiers and there is an annual prize for each tier you've reached in a given year.

Ahh, I see. Well that explains a lot.

Argh in related news my TFF code seems to be busted :X

Top Bottom