• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Ultimate reward last year from SE points was this:

LIGHNTING13X.jpg

This year is an Amano FF4 one.

Just playing the demo. Seems really cool. But holy hell Expert is fast and furious, god help me on any higher.

Can't wait till Fri/Sat for some FFVII :D

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, they didn't bother altering them. Also they left Melodies of Life in Japanese for some reason, even though there's an English version.

That amused be greatly when I first saw that. I already figured it'd be a total PITA to edit, but the songs I didn't think would be an issue. Lazy :eek:

zroid

Banned
Darn! Thanks. Looks like Theatrhythm is going to have to wait a bit.

You would probably also be okay to just not play the FFXIII songs. I mean you might have to stay away from Chaos Shrine as well just in case, but certainly it won't be difficult to avoid spoiling yourself for any specific game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You would probably also be okay to just not play the FFXIII songs. I mean you might have to stay away from Chaos Shrine as well just in case, but certainly it won't be difficult to avoid spoiling yourself for any specific game.

Chaos Shrine doesn't have event scenes, so he'd be okay.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

jbug617

Banned
Anybody else having a problem trying to register the game on Square's Members site? It keeps giving me an invalid code.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, this game is really good. I love the wave of nostalgia washing over me as I play through some of these songs. I'm already loving the Chaos Shrine. I can already tell it's going to get devilishly difficult.

Btw, can you get crystal shards from playing a BMS in Challenge mode, or do I have to play it in story?

Yeah, they didn't bother altering them. Also they left Melodies of Life in Japanese for some reason, even though there's an English version.

Wow...That's just...wow.

It takes all of 2 seconds to replace the song with the English version surely?

Evlar

Banned
Wow...That's just...wow.

It takes all of 2 seconds to replace the song with the English version surely?

Not if the tempo is even slightly different. They would have to change the rhythm charts as well.

Maybe they should have done that, but if they had it would have been much more than 2 seconds of work.

MrDaravon

So right now I'm equipping abilities and shit with the intent of leveling up my characters while unlocking everything, then going back later to get SS+ rankings (which require you to have nothing equipped) since with higher character levels in theory I'll be able to defeat more enemies for items (as well as live longer with more HP), does that seem to be the way to go?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow, Lightning. "Get lost!"? Really? You are so out of my party.

Why was she in your party in the first place? All you need is Shantotto, WoL, Onion Knight, and another cool character of your choosing. I have Cloud in right now with those three, and his lack of CP is driving me nuts, but he's got massive amounts of HP. I'll probably switch him out for Vivi when I unlock him.

zroid

Banned
Why was she in your party in the first place? All you need is Shantotto, WoL, Onion Knight, and another cool character of your choosing. I have Cloud in right now with those three, and his lack of CP is driving me nuts, but he's going massive HP. I'll probably switch him out for Vivi when I unlock him.

Yeah, big mistake :p

thetrin

Cloud's comments are so hilarious that I might just keep him in.

"...Why not?"
"What a joke..."
"...Alright."

I don't know why that's making me laugh so hard.

I also adore Shantotto as always: "Oh hello, and OH....Goodbye!"

What's wrong with Lightning now?

She's a dick to everyone and she thinks she's hot shit. At least Cloud just doesn't give no fucks.

Beth Cyra

Cloud's comments are so hilarious that I might just keep him in.

"...Why not?"
"What a joke..."
"...Alright."

I don't know why that's making me laugh so hard.

She's a dick to everyone and she thinks she's hot shit. At least Cloud just doesn't give no fucks.

I haven't gotten Theatr yet, but I really do think at times that SE built in a undercurrent to Cloud's personality for these cross overs in which it's like he is selfare to the point where he almost knows that he is the popular one and he is acts so bored because of it.

Not if the tempo is even slightly different. They would have to change the rhythm charts as well.

Maybe they should have done that, but if they had it would have been much more than 2 seconds of work.

Well I knew if the tempo was different they'd have to alter the nodes for the track, but as far as I can tell the songs are exactly the same in terms of structure and tempo, just not lyrics.

Having said that, if the game does nodes based on when lyrics are spoken, then I guess it would require altering the nodes.

thetrin

I haven't gotten Theatr yet, but I really do think at times that SE built in a undercurrent to Cloud's personality for these cross overs in which it's like he is selfare to the point where he almost knows that he is the popular one and he is acts so bored because of it.

That's what I like about his portrayal. I want to believe he knows he's in a rhythm game, and he's all "Leveling up in a rhythm game is a fucking joke, and I'm so tired of people putting me on their team. I just want to chill and sip some mineral water."

zroid

Banned
That's what I like about his portrayal. I want to believe he knows he's in a rhythm game, and he's all "Leveling up in a rhythm game is a fucking joke, and I'm so tired of people putting me on their team. I just want to chill and sip some mineral water."

lol, that's fantastic. Cloud has just earned Lightning's old spot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

lolol

Yeah, he's great.

Famassu

There are actually 80 songs on the card, so you're just making stuff up.
I thought it was 70+-ish. Not that that matters, so fuck you, really, I'm not making anything up. That's what the devs have said. The game card is filled to the brim with content already and they couldn't fit any more.

Finally got my copy! :D I hope SE releases a soundtrack with these arrangements that are used on menus. They're pretty awesome. dat Thunder Plains

I thought it was 70+-ish. Not that that matters, so fuck you, really, I'm not making anything up. That's what the devs have said. The game card is filled to the brim with content already and they couldn't fit any more.

It's exactly 80, I counted them. And they could've easily opted for a bigger card if they wanted to include more.

No need to swear btw, just makes you look immature and irascible. It's just a video game.

Amir0x

Banned
This game is really just like flashback lane with what it has. A good celebration of the FF series... although, the easy stuff is really boring to play. Can't wait to get the hardest shit unlocked.

Beth Cyra

Agreed.

Well at least in terms of Dissidia, while probably had it less so then TR he still had this feeling to him with several of his win qoutes and even some of his Vs character qoutes.

thetrin

"Onward...we die...mythically...in love?!"

Hahaha, I love the random phrases at the beginnings of stages.

Game was surprisingly difficult to find in NYC. Virtually no Best Buys have it, and Gamestops were doing the usual "should've pre ordered" stuff.

Thankfully, VGNY doesn't fail me. Got a copy with the stylus too.

Famassu

It's exactly 80, I counted them. And they could've easily opted for a bigger card if they wanted to include more.
Meh, every place talks about "70+" songs. And they have cost issues to think about, opting for a bigger card and having to pay for the development of more songs costs. Third party sales aren't necessarily that great on handhelds nowadays, so it's understandable they didn't go with a bigger cart and more songs (that is, a bigger risk).

zroid

Banned
Hey, weren't you guys saying something about only being able to turn the trigger chimes on/off? There's clearly an option to change their volume?

I just dropped it to the lowest setting.

Meh, every place talks about "70+" songs. And they have cost issues to think about, opting for a bigger card and having to pay for the development of more songs costs. Third party sales aren't necessarily that great on handhelds nowadays, so it's understandable they didn't go with a bigger cart and more songs (that is, a bigger risk).

At the very least, if would have been nice to get the full version of some of the songs (I'm looking at you, OWA.)

Hurray, my copy just came in! Any skepticism I had about the game has immediately disappeared upon seeing the box, haha. Fan service in its full glory, feels good.

edit: I really like the stylus.

My copy is on my porch, but I'm still stuck at work! >:|

How large are the DLC songs? I have a 8GB SD card and was thinking about upgrading to a 16 or 32GB Class 10.

MrDaravon

My copy is on my porch, but I'm still stuck at work! >:|

How large are the DLC songs? I have a 8GB SD card and was thinking about upgrading to a 16 or 32GB Class 10.

I was actually wondering about this as well, I've only got whatever one the 3DS comes with in there, I don't even know how I'd move stuff off there to another one (can you just use a PC?) if needed.

zroid

Banned
I was actually wondering about this as well, I've only got whatever one the 3DS comes with in there, I don't even know how I'd move stuff off there to another one (can you just use a PC?) if needed.

yeah you can copy the files directly to the new SD card

Top Bottom