• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

I raise you, dawg.

hcMeC.png

;)

:( i might as well stop playing, i'll never be this good

Having a blast with it, so far. My only real complaint is that the videos are all hard coded with Japanese text. Watching them again seems kind of pointless with the lack of English. Oh well, time to tackle 7. :D

zroid

Banned
To be honest, even though in theory you can get spoiled, I'm generally way too preoccupied with the actual game to even notice what's going on in the background any more than casually.

Usually what happens is if it's a game that I've played, I'll see something I recall and say "oh look, I remember that", but for the games I haven't, I can't even begin to parse what's transpiring in the scene.

Maybe especially observant or skilled players will manage to do both, but that sure isn't me.

To be honest, even though in theory you can get spoiled, I'm generally way too preoccupied with the actual game to even notice what's going on in the background any more than casually.

Usually what happens is if it's a game that I've played, I'll see something I recall and say "oh look, I remember that", but for the games I haven't, I can't even begin to parse what's going on in the background.

Maybe especially observant or skilled players will manage to do both, but that sure isn't me.

I also lack the, "visual dexterity" to do both at the same time but I just find the lack of English unfortunate.

rataven

I got my copy, yay! Now I just need to get a 3DS, lol.

Love reading the impressions. Will pick up the hardware tomorrow so I can get started!

fugimax

Took me a Best Buy, Gamestop, and 2 Targets to find this game. Been playing it non-stop for the last 2 hours.

Love it.

Question: Is there a main mode I'm supposed to be trying to progress in? I'm just playing the heck out of Chaos Shrine.

(P.S. -- If you're not playing this with headphones, you're missing out big time.)

Took me a Best Buy, Gamestop, and 2 Targets to find this game. Been playing it non-stop for the last 2 hours.

Love it.

Question: Is there a main mode I'm supposed to be trying to progress in? I'm just playing the heck out of Chaos Shrine.

(P.S. -- If you're not playing this with headphones, you're missing out big time.)
I have shitty headphones, so I plugged it into the AUX-IN port of my 5.1 surround speakers =D

Unequip all magic/items/abilities. You'll get a stoic bonus, which will push an S to an SS. Not sure if it goes up to SSS, though.

Yea..it goes up to SSS ;)

Yes, it's on basic lol. I just wanted to see if it WAS possible to get SSS. Can't wait to attempt to SSS every song. So much fun trying to do so.

Saber's Edge is so good. Makes me want to jump back into FXIII :(

Playing this game with headphones is a MUST.

MrDaravon

As far as I've figured out regarding scoring (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

4,000,000+ C Rank
5,000,000+ B Rank
6,000,000+ A Rank
7,000,000+ S Rank
9,000,000+ SS Rank
9,999,999 SSS Rank

The scores seem to be static for every stage, and on multiple stages I can verify the above. It was mentioned earlier, but there is a HARD cap of 7,999,999 score that you can get unless you get the Stoic Bonus. You get the Stoic Bonus by unequipping all items and abilities from your characters in your party (if you select Unequip All it actually tells you this). The score cap remains the same but Stoic Bonus always provides a 2,000,000 bonus after the song is over which then raises the max to 9,999,999.

Are there some summons/chocobos that only appear with items? I used items to get the
white chocobo
to appear and to summon
Bahamut
, but I wasn't sure if they show up on their own.

Also, it's pretty cool that you get trophies for seeing all of the chocobos/summons.

MrDaravon

Are there some summons/chocobos that only appear with items? I used items to get the
white chocobo
to appear and to summon
Bahamut
, but I wasn't sure if they show up on their own.

Also, it's pretty cool that you get trophies for seeing all of the chocobos/summons.

After 8 and a half hours of gametime today I never saw either one of those, so either they're super rare, or yeah you have to use items.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop didn't have my stylus ...using the standard one has clawified my hand.
Super fun and my only big complaint aside from swiping is I want more everything. Music, characters, movies etc.

Dlc gonna ruin me...

Wiz

GOTY candidate for me...I'm in love with this game. And I've only spent 2 hours with it.

laika09

I really enjoy how few liberties the localization team took. This almost seems like a literal -- you can really feel the whimsy. I adore it.

This game is a giant love letter and Square Enix nailed it. They deserve all the credit in the world.

GwJ1S.jpg

Wiz

Is there no way to preview the DLC song at the in-game store?

I guess I'll just find them on youtube.

I was wondering this as well. Luckily they had one of my favorite tracks on there (FFX - The Fleeting Dream) so I instantly knew I had to have it.

rpmurphy

Gamestop didn't have my stylus ...using the standard one has clawified my hand.
Super fun and my only big complaint aside from swiping is I want more everything. Music, characters, movies etc.

Dlc gonna ruin me...
That sucks. Did they give you the wrong box, or did they simply not have any left or received any? I had to go back to exchange mine (unopened) since I realized that it was just the standard version. The one with the stylus just had a sticker or something on the packaging which I guess it could be easy to confuse which is which.

Wiz

How much DLC is there?

“Battle Theme 1” (FINAL FANTASY II)
“The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IV)
“Fighters of the Crystal” (FINAL FANTASY XI)
“Fighting Fate” (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
“In Search of Light” (FINAL FANTASY V)
“Cosmo Canyon” (FINAL FANTASY VII)
“Ride On” (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
“A Fleeting Dream” (FINAL FANTASY X)

Each for $0.99

Top Bottom