• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Famassu

False. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are the man's greatest achievements.
That certain song single-handedly makes your statement untrue, in the case of Blue Dragon. I still have nightmares about having to listen to it. :|

Still, even if those two could be considered his best work (the whole OST of VI & a lot of stuff from VII & VIII like Liberi Fatali, Aerith's Theme, The Man With the Machine Gun and such are much better, imho), they've got nothing against Sakimoto & Hamauzu's best work.

I'm gonna play FFIX and FFX's stuff with my brother in tow. He may not be able to hear the music, but he used to watch me play those games all the time when they were released. It's just that he can't feel the vibrations unless I let him hold the 3DS's speakers, which might be a finicky sort of affair, lol.

You could just hook up to bigger speakers so the table rattles instead. Or the floor. Or the whole house.

B00TE

Just got it, and quickly played through FF6 in Series Mode. So good! Also giddy to see Ronfaure from XI is in. Having too much fun.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My wife has been hogging it, so I haven't had a chance to play yet. A shame DLC is going to be tied to a single system (her system, I'm guessing :p) instead of our Club Nintendo account so I could play them across all our 3DS systems.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
My wife has been hogging it, so I haven't had a chance to play yet. A shame DLC is going to be tied to a single system (her system, I'm guessing :p) instead of our Club Nintendo account so I could play them across all our 3DS systems.

That's not what Club Nintendo is for anyway.

joe1138

i've only played through Final Fantasy I but so far so good. The pre-order stylus might become my go-to stylus for all touch games going forward.

Side note: Theatrhythm was the first game ever cause my 3DS (or really any Nintendo handheld I've owned) to crash on me. It happened during the tutorial... anyone else experience the same?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You could just hook up to bigger speakers so the table rattles instead. Or the floor. Or the whole house.
I could do that with the old small computer speakers (or with the large stereo speakers), but that wouldn't be courteous to the neighbours who don't like FF, now would it? :p

Gooster said:
Yep. Wonder what's up.

Just got it about 15 minutes ago. Giving it a go now!
They always seem to have issues every time a game is released. I usually wait a few days or so before registering an SE game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That's not what Club Nintendo is for anyway.

It's what it 'could' be before, and it doesn't excuse Nintendo's feet dragging on creating an account based system. Someone was claiming that the eShop now forces you to link with a Club Nintendo account now if you didn't previously? Seems like it could move in that direction, but it's a discussion for a different thread.

Drago

Been playing this for a while now and it is gooooooooood.

Can see myself playing this for a long long time. I love it :D

Cheska

I think I'm going to agree with a few statements that this game may be the best 3DS game to date, and I'm not just saying that because of nostalgia. I just played through the VIII stage and was smiling throughout the entire thing. Seriously, being able to actually use the wonderful FF music for something as fun as this game has been nice. I am noticing that I'm doing worse during the event portion though heh :p

B00TE

Man, played through FF8 in Series. When it got to the Event one, memories came flooding back. It did for 6, but that cutscene in particular made me remember my siblings howling in laughter over how awkward Squall is in it.

Okay, spent some time with the game (tutorial and FFI) and loving it. But the slide triggers....I know I'm not flicking the stylus but goddamn the slide trigger inputs can be a real pain in the ass sometimes

And I tried out the Challenge Mode. Managed to get an A on FFI Field Music (Expert). Foolishly tried to do Ultimate and got a big ol' E. I'm gonna have to do lots of leveling up if I intend on clearing Ultimates

BTW, has anyone managed to get the Streetpass feature unlocked yet? How much would one have to do to unlock it?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But the slide triggers....I know I'm not flicking the stylus but goddamn the slide trigger inputs can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

Foolishly tried to do Ultimate and got a big ol' E. I'm gonna have to do lots of leveling up if I intend on clearing Ultimates

image.php

Got a laugh out of it cause I read it in her voice hahaha

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
oh man, this game is so much fun

how do you unlock new characters?

You unlock characters by collecting shards of a certain color. So far I've only unlocked shards by getting a certain total rm, but I know you can beat bosses in dark note to unlock shards as well.

I'm still not entirely sure if you can go back to old story modes and defeat a boss to get a crystal shard (or even do it via challenge mode)

Munkyspace

You unlock characters by collecting shards of a certain color. So far I've only unlocked shards by getting a certain total rm, but I know you can beat bosses in dark note to unlock shards as well.

I'm still not entirely sure if you can go back to old story modes and defeat a boss to get a crystal shard (or even do it via challenge mode)

I've only seen shards the two ways you've mentioned so far, as well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Starting up the FFIX one. Over the Hill may not be my favourite map theme in the series, but I'm grinning like an idiot playing this. My brother's enjoying it.

Cloud just doesn't give a shit about anything.

I think this game could benefit from the Kid Icarus stand, gonna try it.
Sakurai thought of everything.

Gravijah said:
WAIT FOR A COLOR THAT DOESN'T SUCK!
Of course. I feel burned for not waiting for the pink or purple regular 3DS. Probably going to wait a bit.

thetrin said:
So, Now...we sleep...exclusively...with friends!
Who did you have in your party for that one? Haha.

THIS GAME IS SOOOOO AWESOME! I have only beaten Final Fantasy I, but I am having so much fun. I hope they do expand this to their other series. And if they don't come out in the US, I will be buying a Japanese 3DS.

laika09

It's weird but I'm actually doing the best at the songs I'm least familiar with (II, V and XI). It's like my anticipation of the upcoming notes is working against me.

Top Bottom