• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

MrDaravon

I don't get charged on PSN oddly enough.

It should be an across the board thing, although possibly PSN just isn't charging it and you're supposed to claim it on your taxes like what Amazon does (at least in some states).

I think it is something separate they give you...that's the impression I got...

Dude said to give him a shout on Thursday so hopefully he comes through. One of the few ebgames people that is helpful and doesn't piss me off.

No, the stylus and sticker sheet is in the box. There's a small sticker on the front right of the box indicating if the stylus is included.

HdBcH.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That sucks. Did they give you the wrong box, or did they simply not have any left or received any? I had to go back to exchange mine (unopened) since I realized that it was just the standard version. The one with the stylus just had a sticker or something on the packaging which I guess it could be easy to confuse which is which.

Dude said to give him a shout on Thursday so hopefully he comes through. One of the few ebgames people that is helpful and doesn't piss me off.

Edit: normal us for bahbies . Expert hits that sweet spot for me since ultimate can be really intense. Dark notes are OK and I like the mixing up.

Ala Alba

Anyone else find it hard to slide properly with a stylus? I'm not sure why, but my accuracy went up tremendously once I switched to my finger.

Kazerei

Banned
As far as I've figured out regarding scoring (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

4,000,000+ C Rank
5,000,000+ B Rank
6,000,000+ A Rank
7,000,000+ S Rank
9,000,000+ SS Rank
9,999,999 SSS Rank

The scores seem to be static for every stage, and on multiple stages I can verify the above. It was mentioned earlier, but there is a HARD cap of 7,999,999 score that you can get unless you get the Stoic Bonus. You get the Stoic Bonus by unequipping all items and abilities from your characters in your party (if you select Unequip All it actually tells you this). The score cap remains the same but Stoic Bonus always provides a 2,000,000 bonus after the song is over which then raises the max to 9,999,999.

I wish I had known about the stoic bonus earlier. I just unequipped all, and now I've been getting S-ranks pretty easily, even on the hard difficulty.

Beth Cyra

Well finally got my copy of the game. It's certainly cute I will say that, was smiling the whole time I played it.

Went through FF 1/2/3/6/9 So I could finish the games in the series I didn't like and wait for later on the others. Really not good at the game, even on normal I got more then a few E's, so I'm really terrible. Still I enjoy it for what it is and having Cloud and Squall in the same group as Vaan leads to some funny little dialog mixes as well.

Teknoman

“The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IV)
“Fighters of the Crystal” (FINAL FANTASY XI)

I need these two. Rapid Onslaught from XI needs to be in.

MrDaravon

You could attempt tax fraud and lie about what state you're in. . .

I had a balance so I'm not sure, but when you enter your billing info does it make you ask for a zip code when entering the CC info? If so I don't think that'll work since it should automatically tie it to that zip. If it doesn't ask for your ZIP there though and does that step separately than yeah, that would probably work.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Bwahaha, brought up in the thread before, but man, I can't believe they left the Japanese text, the Japanese version of Melodies of Life, and the Japanese release years for some of the games in here.

Gosh. Still, this is one of my favourite games for the system now.

laika09 said:
Chibi Manasvin Warmech. I'm dying over here.
Chibi everything is leaving me in giggles.

Okay, so WOW. This game is just pure JOY. So many smiles and memories.

The main theme for Final Fantasy II is one of the best sombre songs ever crafted for a video game. AND IT'S ON THE NES.

Remember when everybody laughed at this game when it was first shown? Oh, internet.

I'll probably be buying all DLC from Final Fantasy I through VI. And possibly IX.

Fair enough lol. Same as any online purchases though, although I think some states have changed recently as far as actually enforcing it (Amazon charges tax in Texas now, etc).
Theatrhythm was my first Amazon purchase to have sales tax on it. *cries*

kiryogi

Banned
I had a balance so I'm not sure, but when you enter your billing info does it make you ask for a zip code when entering the CC info? If so I don't think that'll work since it should automatically tie it to that zip. If it doesn't ask for your ZIP there though and does that step separately than yeah, that would probably work.

Its based off the zipcode on your eshop account. You can change it there if you feel like commiting tax evasion.

cj_iwakura

You need to unlock the higher difficulties...seriously? I'm starting to regret my purchase.

This is common for rhythm games, and adds replay value. You'd be bored real fast if you steamrolled it on hard the first time. Play for fun, then play for challenge.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Okay so FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX OF AMERICA or whatever the shit you are called.

Not only are they content with being lazy piece of shit bums and not using footage from the Western versions of FFI, FFIV, and FFVI, but they fucking didn't give two shits and put the Japanese version of Melodies of Life instead of the other one which had very beautiful lyrics. I'm as weaboo as they fucking get and this is pissing me off so much.

Squeenix is dead and has been dead since six years ago.

TheExodu5

Banned
This game is pretty easy isn't it? Tried The Decisive Battle as my first Expert song and scored an S easily on my first go. Is there a harder difficulty?

Also, what's the point of equipment if it gives you a worse score?

edit: oh, Ultimate.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This game is pretty easy isn't it? Tried The Decisive Battle as my first Expert song and scored an S easily on my first go. Is there a harder difficulty?

Also, what's the point of equipment if it gives you a worse score?

Ultimate.

matthwq

Banned
Bought Ride On. One of my favorite FFVIII songs. ^_____^

Game seems pretty cool so far. I'm not really addicted to it yet (the party customizing/leveling up aspect is a bit lost on me -- does any of this actually impact gameplay?), but it's really charming.

Not only are they content with being lazy piece of shit bums and not using footage from the Western versions of FFI, FFIV, and FFVI, but they fucking didn't give two shits and put the Japanese version of Melodies of Life instead of the other one which had very beautiful lyrics. I'm as weaboo as they fucking get and this is pissing me off so much.
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't pull some English footage from Final Fantasy I (still working up towards the others).

It's just sloppy and lazy.

cj_iwakura

Squeenix is dead and has been dead since six years ago.

What the hell? Melodies isn't dubbed?

kiryogi

Banned

Squeenix is dead and has been since six years ago.

The footage change would have probably been a really expensive change. I expected them to change the songs though. It might be a licensing thing.

I honestly didn't think this would have come over considering the changes involved.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Not to mention that they're using the Japanese release years for everything (fine for the earlier ones, not so much for the later ones -- ex: FFXIII was a 2010 game here). (I'll disagree with you on Melodies of Life because I don't like that song at all in either English or Japanese. :x)

Yeah, this sort of thing was really surprising for me.

laika09

The notes on Melodies are in time with the Japanese lyrics and they would have had to adjust them. My guess is Indieszero had no hand in the localization at all, and it was just a S-E team editing a strings file.

(Also that song happens to have incredibly cheesy English lyrics so I'm not particularly distraught)

I know it's weird for someone who's only experience with Final Fantasy was playing a couple hours of FF:X to get excited for this game, but, I'm excited. Absolutely love the music in the series so I don't mind not having that nostalgia rush like most others will. Hopefully this will motivate me to spend a good couple months to play through every one in the series, we'll see. My copy arrives Thursday, hope to finish rough and final draft of my paper tomorrow so I can just play this game all weekend.

rpmurphy

Edit: normal us for bahbies . Expert hits that sweet spot for me since ultimate can be really intense. Dark notes are OK and I like the mixing up.
I think it's worth going back to pester Gamestop about it and get the right version. The stylus is so much nicer to use than the standard 3DS one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Battle 1 (FFIV) (BMS) 30000 PTS
Dungeon of the Giants (FFI) (FMS) 32500 PTS
Gurgu Volcano (FFI) (FMS) 27500 PTS
J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII) (BMS) 40000 PTS
Mambo de Chocobo (FFV) (FMS) 37500 PTS
Something to Protect (FFIX) (FMS) 45000 PTS
The Fierce Battle (FFVI) (BMS) 35000 PTS
The Last Day (FFVII) (FMS) 42500 PTS

zashga

Only played this for an hour or two so far, but it's a really fun little package. I love the soft styled environments and characters (especially the monsters), and the faux-RPG elements are a nice touch. I've only played on normal mode, so I can't comment on the challenge yet. Still, I've been wanting a fun rhythm game on my 3DS since the DS was ridiculously well-represented in that genre, and this certainly fits the bill. Happy 25th, Final Fantasy series.

Top Bottom