• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really like the stylus. The one included in the 3DS is too small for my hands, not to mention the 3DS is uncomfortable to begin with.

I wanna stick Mog to the stylus but I'm afraid I don't wanna peel it off since it's basically a first-print collectible now. :(

Drago

My copy of the game didn't come with the stylus. :(

Could have used it too - the stylus is a bit difficult for me to use in the harder stages and I could use a bigger one. I think I have some bigger Pokemon styli laying around somewhere that I could use, but it's not the same

Bought all the DLC and finally got a Dark Note

That FFXIII battle song: Fuck that shit

I'm gonna have one hell of a experience as I keep playing this game

DAMN YOU SLIDE TRIGGER INPUTS!

WatTsu

...SO IRRITATED THAT MY BEST BUY DID NOT GET THEIR SHIPMENT IN.

They got my money, I don't get a product. "Lame" does not even begin to describe it.

It better be in later this week (getting my money back is not an option, I traded some games in toward it and I'd only get that back in gift cards). Hopefully I'll get my stylus still too.

I wish the ending songs had actual gameplay, some of those are my favorite, but it's boring just tapping every note without any punishment for messing up.

kswiston

Impulse bought this game today. I love Final Fantasy and I loved Elite Beat Agents, so something similar to EBA with Final Fantasy music sounded great.

I really like the game so far. I'm about 3 hours in, but have mainly played the basic level series mode. My only wish is that S-E included some songs from the more notable Final Fantasy spin-offs. Even as DLC. Final Fantasy Tactics and Crisis Core had great sound tracks.

I wish the ending songs had actual gameplay, some of those are my favorite, but it's boring just tapping every note without any punishment for messing up.

I agree. I suppose they are a nice little bonus though. The fact that they are skippable makes up for them being dull as far as gameplay is concerned. They also seem to be the quickest way to build currency. At least where I am early in the game.

Drago

I didn't get one either.

With that said, what I strongly suggest are any of the stylus' that are the size of standard pen. I love this one and it's gotten me through Kid Icarus

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12310560

Makes this game easy to play as well.

That seems to be very similar to the Pokemon styli that I have. Now I just have to find them lol (These ones: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EFql8yiLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)

Thanks

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finished Series mode. Now need to attempt the Chaos Shrine stuff and the challenges. Should be good. Taking off Equipment really does result in easy SS or SSS ranks (well, for series mode). I sort of wish I'd saved FFX last. Haha. They need to get that darn HD version out. Now I'm itching to play it!

I will now reiterate my desire for Mystic Quest music.

Drago

Sorry for the stupid question but is it possible to unlock all Dark Notes by yourself? I get random numbers and they emphasize using Streetpass to get more, so I dont know...

kiryogi

Banned
Sorry for the stupid question but is it possible to unlock all Dark Notes by yourself? I get random numbers and they emphasize using Streetpass to get more, so I dont know...

unlock all?

My bad. Actually it presents itself as No. 35, Score 45.. The first set of numbers determines the difficulty, the next 2 determine what songs it'll be. Which it picks from a set of 9 field and 9 battle. This is also the only mode you can listen to VI's "The Fierce Battle".

So in this case, Score 45 means the first song will be "Tina's theme", and the battle song will be "The Man with the Machine Gun"

Here's the listing:

FMS:
0 Gurgu Volcano
1 Eternal Wind
2 Dungeon of the Giants
3 Mambo de Chocobo
4 Tina's Theme
5 The Last Day
6 Blue Fields
7 To Zanarkand
8 Vana'diel March
9 Sunleth Waterscape

BMS:
0 Battle Scene 2
1 Battle 1
2 Big Bridge
3 Fierce Battle
4 J-E-N-O-V-A
5 The man with the Machine Gun
6 Something to Protect
7 Seymour Battle
8 Ending Movie
9 Struggle Against Fate

Nexas

Managed to grab the last copy at Best Buy. I loving the game. I just wish I was better at it. The Event songs I'm especially terrible at, but hopefully I can overcome my rhythmically challenged nature. Also no Not Alone? What the hell SE?

Kaldea

This is awesome so far. I have a little trouble on the drag motions sometimes but meh. There will be FF game replays in my near future thanks to this.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
If you can stand having a stylus that doesn't have a character or logo on it, just buy a pack of mechanical pencils at the drug store.

Bought all of the first batch of DLC except the FF XI song... don't have any love for FF XI since I never played it originally (not a big MMO fan). That said, "Ronfaure" is a really great song, so I'll probably look up that FF XI DLC song on YouTube and see if I think it's worth buying, though.

My favorite song in this first batch is easily FF VIII's "Ride On." I've always loved the hell out of that song -- so epic and hopeful sounding.

So I got a Rhythmia bonus that says it unlocked new designs (or something) for my ProfiCard, but I can't find anything different. Am I missing something?

Belfast

Really enjoying it for the most part, but I do have to admit that two things bug me.

One, which people have already been grumbling over is the slide triggers. I know it explicitly says in the tutorial that you cannot just flick them, but it's hard not to sometimes, especially on Ultimate when they're coming at you really fast.

The other is the EMS stages. I know they wanted to include all the cool cutscenes from the various games, but I kind of hate how the notes are moving at a reduced frame rate. It's a bit jarring considering how smooth the game plays in the other stage types and kind of messes with my timing.

Robin64

For people moaning they used the Japanese release dates for the games, just think about us poor Europeans. If they had used native dates, most of the games would say "Release date: Never".

:(

Huh, wow. I just played "Clash on the Big Bridge" on Ultimate, got an SS, and then got... 5000+ EXP. How did I get so much EXP? That's the only time I've gotten anywhere near that much EXP from one song. I replayed the same song on the same difficulty again (even with the same characters), and only got 1200. Weird.

Speaking of, has anyone been able to figure out the metrics used to calculate how much EXP you get at the end of each song? I know you generally get more EXP as you go up in difficulty, but there does seem to be some random variance. Maybe it is just random?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How much you think this game is going to sell in the end NA and EU? (waiting for friday is getting harder T.T)

Heropon

How much you think this game is going to sell in the end NA and EU? (waiting for friday is getting harder T.T)

I think it will sell well considering the amount of marketing it will have.
I'm going to do a little trip to the city center to see if someone has broken the street date (I'm sure someone will), wish me luck!

Bumhead

Banned
My Amazon.co.uk order is yet to ship.. :(

Hope it gets here for Friday. Im hyped for this game and this thread isn't helping.

Famassu

I could do that with the old small computer speakers (or with the large stereo speakers), but that wouldn't be courteous to the neighbours who don't like FF, now would it? :p
Unless it's late at night (after 9-10PM or something), who gives a shit what the neighbours think about the music you play? :p

Oh god. I've been waiting to play this game all day. I got home from work at 12AM and thought "I'll just try it out." Before I knew it, it kinda turned to 4AM. O_O

And naturally, I stop playing cause I don't wanna "overdo it" and so I proceed to dick around on GAF as opposed to actually sleeping.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

NA: On Amazon it's costantly 18th, not bad considering many positions in top 20 are occupied by big digital sales / 360 cards. On the GameStop site, it's sold out.
EU: It's rising in a good way on various Amazon sites, and on Amazon.uk it's sold out, after having been even in top 10 for a day and an half. It could do well / pretty well.

EDIT: On Amazon, the SKU sold out is the one with the preorder bonus. So sold out they've made another SKU without preorder bonus, which is 107th now.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm so envy of you, America, so envy :(

P.S. Retail reports about how the game could be doing in some areas would be appreciated, if possible XD

So is there a trick on the faster routines for the slide notes. I mean I get how to successfully input them but it seems extremely difficult when the tempo picks up to go from slide to normal to slide to normal etc

Minimal series experience be damned as i've dived on in, since Tidus holds the honour of being the main character of the one mainline FF game I actually tried to play through he is the chosen leader, meanwhile i'm wondering why Lightning is in a permanent bad mood, you levelled up woman, that's something to celebrate!

Also another Shopto customer here, i'm sorry bitoriginal.

Top Bottom