• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Chairhome

For the character unlocks with the passwords, are these the same characters you unlock with shards? cause i think i'd rather unlock with shards...

nsDCEl.jpg

I got my copy finally. I've been playing it for a bit and I have to say that I am enjoying it so far. They even game it to me in the preorder case that plays three songs.

Whoa, your copy came with a slipcover? Are you in Europe?

No. GameStop had those covers on display for a while. Since I was the only one that preordered the game at that store, they gave it to me. Press the button and it plays either The Decisive Battle, One-Winged Angel, or Blinded By Light.

McNum

Getting this game tomorrow. Yay! Went to the local Gamestop and they have my reservation with the stylus all ready to go... tomorrow. And thanks to a sale they're having on buying two 3DS games at the same time, I can pretty much swap another 3DS game for Star Fox 64 3D while I'm there at little to no cost. I'm thinking Pilotwings...

Actually, come to think of it, there's one song that I figure has to be there. Is "Final Fantasy" there? You know, the main theme of the series as a whole? Not the Prelude, the other one. It's originally from the first game. If so, which one? The 8-bit one, I guess?

Robin64

Someone turned on the DLC store in Europe (it no longer gives an error), but forgot to actually upload any files. Hooray!

zroid

Banned
Most up-to-date list of confirmed passwords: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39522544&postcount=1312

"Disciplinary Committee" is one for Seifer

Also, I just noticed once you get a Holofoil card you can "examine" it to see the sprite and run it through its animations.

Maybe I'll play the game again one day ... maybe.

lovely, thanks :O

I was looking on Gamefaqs and noticed there was a password for almost all the CollectaCards. Seems kind of silly.

waaiiiit whaaaat. that's lame :/

B00TE

Having too much fun playing Man with the Machine Gun and Battle on the Big Bridge on Expert. Have yet to dip into Ultimate.

For the life of me, for some reason, I just can't seem to S rank an Event Song. I can perfect score score them, but for some reason, I just can't seem to land the criticals. The Battle and Field Songs I can S Rank and get perfect scores til the cows come home, but the Events, I just can't seem to do better than A.

ghibli99

No. GameStop had those covers on display for a while. Since I was the only one that preordered the game at that store, they gave it to me. Press the button and it plays either The Decisive Battle, One-Winged Angel, or Blinded By Light.
Wow, cool!

TRU finally sent me an update saying they 'located it in a warehouse' or someshit, so it should be shipping soon. :p

For the life of me, for some reason, I just can't seem to S rank an Event Song. I can perfect score score them, but for some reason, I just can't seem to land the criticals. The Battle and Field Songs I can S Rank and get perfect scores til the cows come home, but the Events, I just can't seem to do better than A.

Probably just have to hit the notes later than you are now. If you're talking about Basic difficulty, the notes go by so slowly that it's very easy to hit them too early. EMS definitely gave me the most trouble in my Basic Series playthrough because of the slow speed.

I'm definitely enjoying EMS events more and doing better on them on Expert with the increase in speed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Is this without going for the stoic bonus? That always adds 2 million to your score.

Westraid

This game is trolling me so badly. I need only one more Yellow Shard until I unlock Cid, but now I get any colour shard EXCEPT the yellow one.

"In the end, we go unwillingly in disbelief."

EDIT: Whoooo
efyeahcid.png

zroid

Banned
Nice... I'm heavily hesitant on spending 99cents per song. T_T

I'm ok spending 99c on my favourite tracks, but I'd be hard-pressed to grab the others. I hope they eventually decide to bundle some for a discount, that would motivate me.

4 tracks for $3? I'm in.

Few things:

1. Was playing the Ultimate Score for Aerith's Theme and
    the way the first few beats mimic the matetia falling outta her and bouncing around was a brilliant, unexpected, little touch! :)
  2. This is probably a herp-derpy question but how do I unlock new songs? I keep getting the same few in Chaos Shrine with "new" dark notes.
  3. Is anyone finding other players online? It seems to be an empty virtual-ghost town from my end

Kenai

I'm kind of annoyed that I can't find this game for sale anywhere in Indy. Everyone seems to think the release date is the 10th. Oh well.

Kazerei

Banned
I've been playing and unlocking Dark Notes and they keep getting more and more difficult. Argh. Is there any way to get new easy ones, besides streetpass?

Famassu

I've been playing and unlocking Dark Notes and they keep getting more and more difficult. Argh. Is there any way to get new easy ones, besides streetpass?
Someone might've mentioned the difficulty level is tied to the level of your characters. So maybe use characters who have low levels? Though, not sure if he/she meant the Dark Notes or something else.

Kazerei

Banned
Someone might've mentioned the difficulty level is tied to the level of your characters. So maybe use characters who have low levels? Though, not sure if he/she meant the Dark Notes or something else.

Thanks! I used a team of level 1s to unlock an easy Dark Note, then beat the hell out of it with a team of level 75+. Got 4 shards in one go :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Follow up from my busted card saga; I had the receipt in my wallet and found an EB in the place I'm vacationing. They swapped the are for me, no problem. New card works perfectly. Leveling up mah doods!!!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Follow up from my busted card saga; I had the receipt in my wallet and found an EB in the place I'm vacationing. They swapped the are for me, no problem. New card works perfectly. Leveling up mah doods!!!

Did you get the pre order stylus? Goddamn talked to my ebgames today and they simply didn't get any...or they're messing with me... -_-

edit: how the hell are dark notes getting harder? I've been using the same team up to lvl 30 and I don't notice any difference at all. They're all expert mode songs for me, which aren't hard. I have yet to fail one...though ultimate...goddamn claw hand...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I'm a little confused on how you unlock shards via Dark Note. I see there are 3 bosses, but I've only beaten the first. Do I need to beat all three in one run to get the shard? I haven't really touched Dark notes other than a single play on one song, so I don't really know how it works.

5amshift

Banned
Just wondering, is there anyone else here who bought this game for the rhythm gameplay despite not being familiar with Final Fantasy? And if so, were you still able to enjoy the game?

Me. I hate RPG game types but I kind of like Final Fantasy. I love rhythm games and after playing this, I knew I had to have it.

laika09

So, I'm a little confused on how you unlock shards via Dark Note. I see there are 3 bosses, but I've only beaten the first. Do I need to beat all three in one run to get the shard? I haven't really touched Dark notes other than a single play on one song, so I don't really know how it works.

You only see one boss based on how you perform in the field stage and (I think) the first part of the battle stage. The better you do, the higher # boss you face, and the higher bosses have better drops (more shards).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You only see one boss based on how you perform in the field stage and (I think) the first part of the battle stage. The better you do, the higher # boss you face, and the higher bosses have better drops (more shards).

Awesome. Thanks. I'll do some dark note stuff tonight, then.

I'm not totally positive on this but I think if you do really bad on the FMS section you get Boss 1. If you're doing well you'll see a sign later in the FMS section that says something like this way Boss 2 or 3. If you get a perfect from that point on you go to Boss 3 otherwise you go to Boss 2.

No idea if this is actually all true, just in my experience that when I get a perfect after seeing that sign I fight Boss 3 when I play the BMS part. Hopefully someone here knows the exact answer because I'd like to know for sure myself.

Munkyspace

I'm not totally positive on this but I think if you do really bad on the FMS section you get Boss 1. If you're doing well you'll see a sign later in the FMS section that says something like this way Boss 2 or 3. If you get a perfect from that point on you go to Boss 3 otherwise you go to Boss 2.

No idea if this is actually all true, just in my experience that when I get a perfect after seeing that sign I fight Boss 3 when I play the BMS part. Hopefully someone here knows the exact answer because I'd like to know for sure myself.

There's one Dark Note that I got where it would only give me Boss 2/3 if I screwed up and changed characters at least once in the FMS stage.

I only know this because I did that same Dark Note perfectly at least ten times wondering where the higher tier bosses were.

TheGrue

Is there really a reason to equip items and skills in the game if you can hit the rhythms pretty decently? I've just been going naked because I get higher ranks, but it makes me think I'm missing something with items. Maybe on the Chaos Shrine stuff it helps you get to higher bosses if maybe your characters aren't high enough level?

Basically, just looking for someone to give me some reasons to equip some of this stuff.

Top Bottom