• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

zroid

Banned
Wow. In the absence of a real story-mode, I totally expected it to have something like 8 tracks from each game (not to mention re-arrangements/remixes). All included. Core gameplay is great, but this is not nearly enough content for $40. I can't help but feel like I got ripped off here.

Stay classy SE and DLC as a whole!

In reality the 70-80 tracks on the cart is quite substantive for a rhythm game. Unfortunately it does give the impression of being barebones because of how it has to dedicate a mere handful to each of thirteen games. Feels like it hasn't done justice to most of them.

apricot

Anyone actually using the 3DS as a music player just to listen to the songs? I thought that was a neat additional feature.

My copy's coming soon, so excited! Too bad Rhythm Thief got delayed to July in the US, as it's totally going to get overshadowed by Theatrhythm

I've defo got Zanarkand and FFXII Ending Movie in Dark Notes. I'm guessing they haven't done about separate versions of the Prelude though...

zroid

Banned
Anyone actually using the 3DS as a music player just to listen to the songs? I thought that was a neat additional feature.

My copy's coming soon, so excited! Too bad Rhythm Thief got delayed to July in the US, as it's totally going to get overshadowed by Theatrhythm

Wouldn't it be cool if you could import the songs into the 3DS Music app? That thing is alarmingly polished and fun to use.

In reality the 70-80 tracks on the cart is quite substantive for a rhythm game. Unfortunately it does give the impression of being barebones because of how it has to dedicate a mere handful to each of thirteen games. Feels like it hasn't done justice to most of them.

Yeah I can see that. I hate to be so down about the game because it definitely feels like a love-letter to series fans, but it also definitely feels like it's spread thin since it attempts to include THIRTEEN entries. (By merely looking at the surface of each really.)

I've defo got Zanarkand and FFXII Ending Movie in Dark Notes. I'm guessing they haven't done about separate versions of the Prelude though...

You have no idea how nerd-happy you just made me.

GolazoDan

I completely forgot Rhythm Thief comes out this upcoming week in NA as well. Just tried out the demo for that one, sorta feels like a spiritual successor to Space Channel 5.

Rhythm game overload!
That game's awesome, dude. Got it over here when I was just looking for some game, it would've been to see if there was a Rhythm Fever game coming out or when the localised Layton would be released. As it is, this game's a combo of the two. Well worth buying, some crazy rhythmin' at the end.

I hadn't seen anything on this game since the initial trailer. Just got it on gamefly fur the fuck of it and...

This might be the greatest game ever. I've only done one song, but I don't care. Went and bought it.

Jazzem

I go this game today and put eight hours into it. Eight hours!

Absolutely love it. I have a few gripes sure, but it's such a hard game to put down. It doesn't feel like the cheap cash in I feared it would be, there's clearly been a lot of love put into it.

I'm just worried how expensive the DLC may end up getting, I can see myself buying most of it...

On a side note, I'm also wanting to play some FF thanks to this game. I've only ever finished III and V (Bartz is leading my party :D) so would like to beat some of the others. Not too interested in X or XIII, but IV, VI, VII and IX I think I'll enjoy.

GolazoDan

Yeah, think you beat a dark note to get a new one. I got the first one however that happens, did it, unlocked the second, played through honestly hours of other songs and never unlocked one, now I'm trying to do the dark notes and voila, unlocked like 6 of them.

Synless

So what is the best universal team you can have? Currently I am using Ashe, Cloud, Terra, and Lightning, all lvl. 99.

Cosmos is pretty dope. Her character model is one of the few that I think actually looks good in the art style.

I still haven't found a single Dark Note with Gold Shards... :(

TheGrue

I know they mentioned it, but I've forgotten...how do you interpret the names of the Dark Notes? The first number is the difficulty? If so, what's the second number...just the mix of the two songs?

I know they mentioned it, but I've forgotten...how do you interpret the names of the Dark Notes? The first number is the difficulty? If so, what's the second number...just the mix of the two songs?
Yes.

My bad. Actually it presents itself as No. 35, Score 45.. The first set of numbers determines the difficulty, the next 2 determine what songs it'll be. Which it picks from a set of 9 field and 9 battle. This is also the only mode you can listen to VI's "The Fierce Battle".

So in this case, Score 45 means the first song will be "Tina's theme", and the battle song will be "The Man with the Machine Gun"

Here's the listing:

FMS:
0 Gurgu Volcano
1 Eternal Wind
2 Dungeon of the Giants
3 Mambo de Chocobo
4 Tina's Theme
5 The Last Day
6 Blue Fields
7 To Zanarkand
8 Vana'diel March
9 Sunleth Waterscape

BMS:
0 Battle Scene 2
1 Battle 1
2 Big Bridge
3 Fierce Battle
4 J-E-N-O-V-A
5 The man with the Machine Gun
6 Something to Protect
7 Seymour Battle
8 Ending Movie
9 Struggle Against Fate

Westraid

So has anyone unlocked Zanarkand in challenge mode yet? I know it's in dark notes.
I finally got it today. Love the song and the Dark Note I had is fun to play.
Instantly added it to my favourites.

If you like that, you should check out Skycity of Bhujerba, the boss theme, Secret Practice, The Dalmasca Eastersand, Giza Plains, Land of the Garif, and A Moments Rest.

All great and all pretty memorable...no less than other FF titles for me anyway.
Thank you so much for the suggestions, I'm loving all these songs! I really want to play XII now..

But I've had enough Theatrhythm for today. If I close my eyes I see red, green and yellow notes dancing mad from an overdoses.

Boogiepop

This is sitting on my desk right now, tempting me. However, I spent a huge chunk of time today getting to the end of XIII, so I'm getting that out of the way first so I can play through this uninterrupted. I probably would've finished before it arrived, but damn power outages lost me two days of play time (also, the game decided to stretch waaaaaay out near the end, but at least the end is in sight!) With any luck, I'll finally be playing this sometime tomorrow.

DMG-01

Anyone have a list of level up skills? I mostly only care about finding out when Zidane gets steal right now (assuming there is actually a steal skill in this game).

GolazoDan

I bought 'em. Because why not, it's MORE THEATRHYTHM. Plus I choose to believe them when they say they couldn't fit them on the cartridge.

I really did not expect this game to be this good. I just sat down to try it out, and when I finally tore myself away it was dark outside and I realized I skipped dinner.

Teknoman

Maybe not the last game, but yeah, I'd get it. It's just such an adorable style. FFV would also be fine.

I'd rather FFV since the vibe found fit perfectly. FFVI, i'd like in SD FFIV amano style if possible.

Yep, and it's super hard on Ultimate mode.

Just unlocked the FFVII battle theme. I just wish it didn't take forever to unlock the rest of the content in this game.

I'll bet. Crazy fast paced stuff like that and The man with the machine gun will probably make me wish for a screen protector. Then again i'm not that rough with the screen.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'd rather FFV since the vibe found fit perfectly. FFVI, i'd like in SD FFIV amano style if possible.

I'll bet. Crazy fast paced stuff like that and The man with the machine gun will probably make me wish for a screen protector. Then again i'm not that rough with the screen.

I'm not rough with the screen either, but I've definitely scratched the screen protector.

FFIV Battle 1 is by far the worst offender.

Midou

This game is so fucking addicting, holy shit. I was worried about a few things, but it seems to be all good.

Only thing is, during some field stages, when I need to move up and down for a hold, sometimes my touchscreen seems to jitter, as if I'm moving, and sometimes I lose hold even though I'm still touching it, would re-calibrating the touchscreen help?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I play with two thumbs and tap back and forth with them for the faster stuff helps me with the swipes too. Yeah I'm a cheater

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Did a dark note unlocking spree by beating my easiest dark note with a bunch of low level guys, beating that dark note with my regular party to breeze through and get shard drops, delete the unlocked one from that and repeat... (probably not the most efficient method), but anyways, Ive got a handful of dark notes with bosses that drop Crimson, Green, and Indigo fragments, now just to grind to get the characters I want :D

What party is everyone using/planning on using?

Squall/Rydia/Faris/Locke is my planned team.

Teknoman

Did a dark note unlocking spree by beating my easiest dark note with a bunch of low level guys, beating that dark note with my regular party to breeze through and get shard drops, delete the unlocked one from that and repeat... (probably not the most efficient method), but anyways, Ive got a handful of dark notes with bosses that drop Crimson, Green, and Indigo fragments, now just to grind to get the characters I want :D

What party is everyone using/planning on using?

Squall/Rydia/Faris/Locke is my planned team.

Cecil, Firion, Lightening, and Shantoto...but I might switch Light for Locke at some point. Dunno. I'll probably end up leveling up everyone though.

hitmon

My 3DS hasn't had some loving since Revelaitons and this game has caught my interest. Would you recommend this to a person who not only lacks rhythm, but also struggles with some rhythm games? I remember I enjoyed the Ouendan DS rhythm (apologies for misspelling) game back in the day.

Top Bottom