• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Blinded By Light (FFXIII) (BMS) 15000 PTS
Dancing Mad (FFVI) (BMS) 10000 PTS
Searching for Friends (FFVI) (FMS) 20000 PTS
Those Who Fight (FFVII) (BMS) 25000 PTS

Battle 1 (FFIV) (BMS) 30000 PTS
Dungeon of the Giants (FFIV) (FMS) 32500 PTS
Gurgu Volcano (FFI) (FMS) 27500 PTS
J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII) (BMS) 40000 PTS
Mambo de Chocobo (FFV) (FMS) 37500 PTS
Something to Protect (FFIX) (FMS) 45000 PTS
The Fierce Battle (FFVI) (BMS) 35000 PTS
The Last Day (FFVII) (FMS) 42500 PTS

Here are the Rhythmia Points that you need for each song. I felt it helped if I found out how much I needed. The second set goes under a Chaos header in Challenges.

linko9

Just got SSS on FFV series mode expert. Damn Gilgamesh took me around 2 hours to get perfect. Probly could have done it much quicker if I just took a damn break, but I was determined.

BlackJace

Here are the Rhythmia Points that you need for each song. I felt it helped if I found out how much I needed. The second set goes under a Chaos header in Challenges.

Much much appreciated ;)

Mmm, Searching for Friends, can't wait to unlock it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm only have about 5 hours of gameplay. Is it recommended to go without equipment for the bonus?

Play without skills/items for score in Series/Challenge. Play with skills/items to grind out items and shards in the Chaos Theater.

When you get to Ultimate level tracks, you may also have to consider using skills/items if its too difficult for you.

Pangya

I got 42 Theatrhythm profile cards by hanging out at the Nintendo lounge at comic con for one day... going back tomorrow to get as much as I can! It seems like I won't be able to get that 99 card trophy until next year's anime expo most likely...

I sort of forgot how great the soundtrack to FFXI was. The songs they chose are really great, I love Ronfaure and Memoro de la Stono just gives me the goosebumps. It makes me really want to play the game but the monthly subscription is turning me off that idea. I wonder if it'll ever go free to play?

Meanwhile I've started doing Dark Notes. I have no idea what I'm doing :p WHat determines what boss you get? Do I need to play... worse to unlock Boss 1 and 2?

Nemesis_

The most annoying thing about this game is it makes me want to revisit almost every single Final Fantasy game =(

Some of these tracks have so many memories attached to them ;_; It's such a fitting 25th Anniversary celebration title.

Heropon

A Fleeting Dream ultimate score is perfect for grinding Miratete's Memoirs and EXP Hound scrolls. Thanks to that I can put my lv.99 characters in the party and not waste exp.

zroid

Banned
This made my day

tumblr_m6yig4cIoP1qzp9weo1_r1_400.jpg
tumblr_m6yig4cIoP1qzp9weo2_400.jpg

tumblr_m6yig4cIoP1qzp9weo3_400.jpg
tumblr_m6yig4cIoP1qzp9weo4_400.jpg

Midou

You want to keep playing through one killing the bosses to figure out what drops they have (or use Libra if you don't want to grind them out). You'll want to get unlock new Dark Notes to get new drops.

My problem with this is that 3 of the 5 I've unlocked so far have blue fields as the first song, and grinding them is extra tedious. I managed to get 2 shards from running one dark note one, but I usually always end up with 3rd boss.

Meanwhile I've started doing Dark Notes. I have no idea what I'm doing :p WHat determines what boss you get? Do I need to play... worse to unlock Boss 1 and 2?

Pretty much. You can see what you can do if you use a low agility character in the FMS, but to get Boss 2 you have to do bad for a little bit in the BMS.

You will likely always want to fight boss 3 in the beginning, as its three drops are all shards. So, it is great for farming characters.

To get to Boss 3, you need a character with high agility to make it far enough in the FMS part to pass a sign that says Boss 2 or 3. Then, during the BMS, you need to play well in the beginning to get Boss 3. If you don't, you get Boss 2.

Chopper

So, what's the advantage of using ablities? I mean, if they limit your score, what's the point? Presumably, if you play well enough, you will still be able to reach and beat bosses in Dark Notes without them?

McNum

So, what's the advantage of using ablities? I mean, if they limit your score, what's the point? Presumably, if you play well enough, you will still be able to reach and beat bosses in Dark Notes without them?
Limit Breaks are awesome against bosses. Why use 10-20 notes to kill a boss when you can have it pretty much killed automatically when it shows up?

Chopper

Limit Breaks are awesome against bosses. Why use 10-20 notes to kill a boss when you can have it pretty much killed automatically when it shows up?
Ah, yeah, I read about limit breaks. So, are you able to plough through more than one boss if your team is strong enough?

So, apart from limit breaks, what abilities are good?

Roto13

Ah, yeah, I read about limit breaks. So, are you able to plough through more than one boss if your team is strong enough?

So, apart from limit breaks, what abilities are good?

With a strong enough team, you can take out a low level boss 3 to 4 times in one battle stage. In those instances, it's actually more practical to intentionally mess up and fail the summon because you can take out regular enemies faster than your summon can. (Because the summon only attacks once the whole time it's there.)

I'm going to chart out my Dark Notes once I finish fifty of them to illustrate the abuse I'm suffering, LOL.

Thirty Dark Notes and only ONE of them containing an NES song.

On the other hand, I think I've gotten the Final Fantasy XII ending theme eight times.

Chopper

So, grinding the Dark Notes will earn me unlocks and characters, right?

Meanwhile, if it's score I want to conquer, I only really need worry about Challenge mode, where I should unequip everyone?

I know the game tells me that STR is best for BMS and Agility is best for FMS, but is this only really relevant in the Dark Notes? I mean, "completing the level" and "tring to get SSS ranks" are totally different things, right? So, if I want to complete the level, kill the boss and collect the loot, I'll be needing to worry about my team and their equipment. But in Callenge mode, that stuff doesn't really matter?

Sorry about the questions. I'm really trying to get into this...

Shaffield

Meanwhile, if it's score I want to conquer, I only really need worry about Challenge mode, where I should unequip everyone?

I know the game tells me that STR is best for BMS and Agility is best for FMS, but is this only really relevant in the Dark Notes? I mean, "completing the level" and "tring to get SSS ranks" are totally different things, right? So, if I want to complete the level, kill the boss and collect the loot, I'll be needing to worry about my team and their equipment. But in Callenge mode, that stuff doesn't really matter?

That's pretty much correct, although you may want to have a team with Cure abilities and stuff if you keep getting killed on a BMS Challenge

Roto13

Speed in FMS will get you more items, or get you a stronger boss in Dark Notes. Strength in BMS will get you more items and take out bosses faster/more reliably in Dark Notes.

If you care about items, you can equip abilities in Challenge and Series mode to get more of them. If you're having trouble even finishing a song at a difficulty level, equip damage reducing and healing abilities just to get through it.

But if all you care about is score, definitely unequip everything and play Challenge or Series mode.

It'd be nice if bosses dropped crystal shards outside of Dark Notes. >_>

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
man I'm sweating HARD at the Chaos Shrine :°0

cleared almost all "basic" on S...I'm kind of afraid about what will come next :p

Boogiepop

Jesus. It took about 50 tries, but I FINALLY cleared Battle With the Four Fiends on Ultimate. Got a B that was ALMOST an A. Don't think I'll be playing Ultimate Series mode for IV for a while, ha.

Roto13

Jesus. It took about 50 tries, but I FINALLY cleared Battle With the Four Fiends on Ultimate. Got a B that was ALMOST an A. Don't think I'll be playing Ultimate Series mode for IV for a while, ha.

You know, since I cleared it the first time, I've been able to consistently clear it without too much trouble.

Boogiepop

Ok, wow. So after beating Four Fiends, I managed to down Battle at the Big Bridge in a few tries, and then cleared all of VI and VII in a single try on Ultimate. That song seems to just be way harder than most of the other stuff in the game.

Boogiepop

Well, Battle With the Four Fiends is definitely the hardest thing in the game, possible exception to DLC and high level dark notes. I just breezed through everything else on Ultimate, and did everything in one shot (though I admittedly only made it through XIII's battle theme thanks to some abilities. However, the "hard part" of that one seemed to be the same every time it pops up, and is in the beginning of the song any way, making it easy to get it down right). It really seems like the first 5 games or so have the hardest stuff. Honestly, it feels like it may make sense to play through the Ultimate stuff in reverse, as it seems like it'd make for a better difficulty curve.

Did some shard grinding and unlocked a couple new people

Vivi
Aerith
Locke
Ashe
Rydia

I think it's high time I started a new party. At least I can go all female this time

Top Bottom