• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Gradivus

Currently at 44,322rm.

25/64 trophies. Last 2 trophies were the "Get Perfect Chains on all Basic/Expert songs". Going to work on Ultimate later.

As a personal goal, I wanted to try and SSS all the songs but because of how annoying the EMS stages can be (as well as the fact there aren't any trophies for this) I decided against it. If an SSS comes, then yay. If not, I'll just move on.

Looking through the Records menu, I have 3 little stars next to "Total # of Criticals." About 39,837. This will probably be the first stat where I'll get the 4 stars. I love these little stars...adds so much replay value.

I have 8 characters at 99. Going to work on another set of 4 shortly. Still haven't unlocked anyone yet. I'm glad about that, though. I get to work on the original cast of characters (leveling them up) before starting with the hidden characters.

Ahhh..this game is amazing.

Today is Friday and I'm thinking of passing my the Nintendo Store in hopes of picking up some Streetpasses for this game.

There is a SSS rank? I though that SS was the highest rank D:, bugger trying to do that then.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ultimate Four Elemental Fiends really confuses me, particularly the parts that goes hold->slide->hold.

O-----O (->) O-----O

I wish practice mode just keeps restarting instead of taking me to the challenge menu after I beat it. My start button will get worn out fast retrying songs.

Heh, I just finished that track actually. Just missed a SS rank.

For those sections, you pretty much have to go release->swipe->hold quickly. It's not too bad once you get the timing down.

There is a SSS rank? I though that SS was the highest rank D:, bugger trying to do that then.

SSS is all-crit, so a perfect run basically.

Jintor

God damnit I hate the way the beat pattern will shift from drums to horns to main theme without any warning at all, especially from the close together shift patterns GAH DAMN YOU BATTLE AT THE BIG BRIDGE I HATE YOU

Finally got the game and it's hard to put down! My party consists of Zidane (leader), Cloud, Squall and Tidus, not for any particular abilities (I haven't been tweaking my team at all yet), just because I like those the best I suppose. It also gives me an all male bonus of +10 :p

So far I've beaten FF1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9 in Series mode. The last one really hit me hard in terms of emotions, especially Behind the Door. But the lack of chibi Kuja is really disturbing |: Sometimes I forget to swipe or tap because I'm so lost in memories and nostalgia for a second, haha.

Gradivus

I've just downloaded the newest set of DLC just then.

How exactly are characters unlocked in this game? I see every time you reach 500 more rhythmia points, you sometimes get one of the crystals as an extra. Another way was by chance collect one during the Chaos Shrine run through.

Are those the only methods of unlocking them?

I've got 9,541 points so far and around 6 hours in if that helps.

I've just downloaded the newest set of DLC just then.

How exactly are characters unlocked in this game? I see every time you reach 500 more rhythmia points, you sometimes get one of the crystals as an extra. Another way was by chance collect one during the Chaos Shrine run through.

Are those the only methods of unlocking them?

I've got 9,541 points so far and around 6 hours in if that helps.

Unlock more crystal shards by defeating the bosses in Dark Notes (Chaos Shrine)

And there are 16 unlockable characters

I'd be happy with Virtual Console versions of older FF games. I'm waiting for the PSOne patch for Vita and I intend to replay FFI-X. Well, I may just do FFV, VI, VII, IX and X.

I bought Final Fantasy Origins on PS3 to replay the first two games and boy, are they rough. It is going to be a grind-fest to get through the first one. They'll be nice to play on the Vita once it is patched though.

YAY Card #3 finally!! (code "Unreleased")

New codes posted on their official facebook:

Sarah's Lute
Wyvern
Unreleased
Brothers
I am Bartz
Slave Crown
Hardy-Daytona
I'm gonna pass
Beloved Dagger
Final Summoning
Pain 101
Alone in the world
The White Knight

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
oh! I didn't even look at those things yet ha

The game has tons and tons of shit you could play for 50 hours and not notice. In the stats page, besides the "trophies", there are stats tracked for everything--notes hit, number of times you've used each character, total time played, number of failures, songs you played the most, etc--and every single STAT has a * value from * to ****--so you can even level up your stats page.

It's totally bonkers how much effort they put into stuff that has nothing to do with anything :p

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah it's definitely the most content packed rhythm game I've ever played. It's cool that there's still stuff to discover, plus all the DLC still.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The real game begins once you start doing dark notes.

BluWacky

I have 8 characters at 99. Going to work on another set of 4 shortly. Still haven't unlocked anyone yet. I'm glad about that, though. I get to work on the original cast of characters (leveling them up) before starting with the hidden characters.

How have you managed not to unlock anyone? Are you not playing the Dark Notes at all? I got my first character after about 6 hours!

How have you managed not to unlock anyone? Are you not playing the Dark Notes at all? I got my first character after about 6 hours!

I've completed about 21 Dark Notes. I"m actually 1 shard away from unlocking someone lol. Haven't put too much time into the Chaos Shrine though.

Just started my new team of level 1 people to level up so I'll busy with that for the next few days.

I've been saving my new unlocks to make it much easier to go after Boss 1s in Dark Notes.

Unlocked Vivi and Locke over the course of this week. Pretty pumped.

But dear god, my hand can't move fast enough for some of these BMS on Ultimate D:

Bururian

I spent all day yesterday in the Chaos Shrine. I got three shards off of 20-30 something bosses that drop shards. Ones I didn't have. Was a bad day, man.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, about Dark Notes. The first number is the difficulty that is determined by your party level average. The movement shows what songs, you're getting. I don't know if the corresponding songs have already been posted, so I'll try a summary at the end of the post. But does anyone know if the type of music that's at the end (e.g. "Gloria", "Aria", and so on) indicates anything? Something about the drops, maybe?

The movements:

FMS (1st digit):
0:
Mt. Gulg from FFI
1:
Eternal Wind from FFIII
2:
Within the Giant from FFIV
3:
Mambo de Chocobo from FFV
4:
Terra's Theme from FFVI
5:
Judgment Day from FFVII
6:
Blue Fields from FFVIII
7:
Zanarkand from FFX
8:
Vana'diel March from FFXI
9:
The Sunleth Waterscape

BMS (2nd digit):
0:
Battle Theme 2 from FFII
1:
Battle 1 from FFIV
2:
Battle at the Big Bridge from FFV
3:
Battle to the Death from FFVI
4:
JENOVA from FFVII
5:
The Man with the Machine Gun from FFVIII
6:
Something to Protect from FFIX
7:
Fight with Seymour from FFX
8:
Ending Movie from FFXII
9:
Defiers of Fate from FFXIII

They also all seem chronologically ordered.

Kazerei

Banned
So, about Dark Notes. The first number is the difficulty that is determined by your party level average. The movement shows what songs, you're getting. I don't know if the corresponding songs have already been posted, so I'll try a summary at the end of the post. But does anyone know if the type of music that's at the end (e.g. "Gloria", "Aria", and so on) indicates anything? Something about the drops, maybe?

I suspect the musical form has something to do with the trigger patterns that appear, but I'm not really sure.

If you have two Dark Notes with the same stage, you'll probably notice the note triggers aren't the same. I think there's multiple patterns for each stage, and depending on the musical form, the Dark Note will contain pieces from a few different patterns.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really like playing Sunleth Waterscape :<

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I really like playing Sunleth Waterscape :<

I love it :D

I sorta hate dark notes though. D:

I mean you don't get to save your scores, you're just playing through the same small set of levels endlessly, and now that I'm locked into level 99 notes forever, half the time I don't even manage to kill the boss. I've got a level 5 or something note where I can get the boss to show up and be killed four times, and grind all sorts of crystals out of it. Now, though, it's like I'm just thumping against a brick wall for no reason. If I'm not going to be getting any crystals, I might as well go back to challenge mode and work on SS's.

I mean you don't get to save your scores, you're just playing through the same small set of levels endlessly, and now that I'm locked into level 99 notes forever, half the time I don't even manage to kill the boss. I've got a level 5 or something note where I can get the boss to show up and be killed four times, and grind all sorts of crystals out of it. Now, though, it's like I'm just thumping against a brick wall for no reason. If I'm not going to be getting any crystals, I might as well go back to challenge mode and work on SS's.

Beat your newest Dark Note with a low level party and your new note will be low level. New Dark Note levels are based on the average level of your party.

Bururian

Wait. Doesn't the second profile streetpass with the first profile? Start a new game and get some lower level Dark Notes unlocked and attach them to the profile card so that you may get lower level ones and not permanently be stuck at No.99 Dark Notes. I don't know if that would actually work, but it's worth a try.

Kyou

I started using the preorder stylus last night

I dont know if it helped but I did complete like six darknotes in a row

Got a gold shard :DD

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Beat your newest Dark Note with a low level party and your new note will be low level. New Dark Note levels are based on the average level of your party.

Ahhh, so that's what does it. I figured it was just how you performed. I had a level 99 party and didn't get 99 notes immediately, it was like 97, 98, 99, 99, 99. I'll give a lower level party a shot.

McNum

Rydia and Aerith get! Woo!

I'm beginning to see a danger with my Zidane, Terra, Cloud, Cecil team for Dark Notes. They take out bosses fairly quickly, but I'm hitting the level 60 Dark Notes now, and welll, the team can't really take many hits. 6-7 Misses in a battle and it's over. Of course, I just have to not miss. But I wonder if i should flip Terra to be healing focused and give Cecil Protect. You know, for a bit more buffer when JENOVA pops up. So many arrows...

Maybe I should start up some more characters so I can mix and match. Are Rydia and Aerith good? I figure Rydia can do something with the summons... I might want someone with Libra, too.

Roto13

The movements:

FMS (1st digit):
0:
Mt. Gulg from FFI
1:
Eternal Wind from FFIII
2:
Within the Giant from FFIV
3:
Mambo de Chocobo from FFV
4:
Terra's Theme from FFVI
5:
Judgment Day from FFVII
6:
Blue Fields from FFVIII
7:
Zanarkand from FFX
8:
Vana'diel March from FFXI
9:
The Sunleth Waterscape

BMS (2nd digit):
0:
Battle Theme 2 from FFII
1:
Battle 1 from FFIV
2:
Battle at the Big Bridge from FFV
3:
Battle to the Death from FFVI
4:
JENOVA from FFVII
5:
The Man with the Machine Gun from FFVIII
6:
Something to Protect from FFIX
7:
Fight with Seymour from FFX
8:
Ending Movie from FFXII
9:
Defiers of Fate from FFXIII

They also all seem chronologically ordered.

I really wish a few of these weren't restricted to the Chaos Shrine. :/

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
okay, played it for 15 minutes. Who are those jokers saying game's good? Game's definitely not good

it's BLOODY EXCELLENT! The whole package is crammed with game modes, lotsa songs, stats, extras, DLC, they surely delivered a highly polished game

I'm hooked already, did the three FFVIII songs and felt really good man. Can't wait to play more

Top Bottom