• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Bururian

okay, played it for 15 minutes. Who are those jokers saying game's good? Game's definitely not good

It's BLOODY EXCELLENT! The whole package is crammed with game modes, lotsa songs, stats, extras, DLC, they surely delivered a highly polished game

I'm hooked already, did the three FFVIII songs and felt really good man. Can't wait to play more

Awesome! Keep on playing. You'll be unlocking songs into the 40,000 Rhythmia mark.

Reknoc

Got the game today. Have barely put it down since I got in, love the game the RPG stuff really adds a lot. Only thing I don't really care for are the Event stages, especially from VII and up, find it the FMVs going on in the background really distracting.

Amir0x

Banned
god some of these ultimate rank songs are just killing me with the swipes, everything else I can crit non-stop, but it always feels like a roll of the dice whether the game will account my swipes correctly when it's going top speed. I feel like I'm doing dramatic enough swipes, after trying the smaller type of swipes, but when I go too big it feels like it destroys my timing and I can't recover, but if I go too small then there's like a 30% chance the game will fail to recognize my swipes or something. Gaaaaaaah

HunkyDory

Neo Member
Is it possible to avoid massive story spoilers in this game? I was going to hold of on it until I finally manage to beat VIII-X, but the demo was too good. :(

Bururian

Is it possible to avoid massive story spoilers in this game? I was going to hold of on it until I finally manage to beat VIII-X, but the demo was too good. :(

If you ignore what's going on in the back ground of the EMS, you should be fine. I'm playing through FFV fir the first time, so I've just not been playing that EMS specifically.

gryz

Banned
this game is so good, seems to be selling well too since i had trouble finding a copy

I started using the preorder stylus last night

I dont know if it helped but I did complete like six darknotes in a row

Got a gold shard :DD

stylus is a preorder bonus? i just picked it up at fred meyer and mine came with a stylus

linko9

this game is so good, seems to be selling well too since i had trouble finding a copy

Yeah, I went to a Gamestop in the Bay area on the 9th, and they said every store in the area except Rockridge was sold out. Best buys too. However, he said they only got 3 copies in total, and I reckon the same is true of the other locations. I just ended up getting it on Amazon, which is a good things, cuz I got the dope stylus. But yeah, I wouldn't assume the game sold particularly well just because it's sold out a lot of places, though I'm sure it was a success.

Roto13

Just unlocked the last Challenge mode song at 45,000 Rhythmia. Also finished Series mode on Ultimate. Now to grind shards. :p

Javier

I got my copy finally today. Been playing for a few hours.

I'm in love with this game. It's simply beautiful.

And this is coming from someone who has only played one FF game (FF4).

Is anybody else obsessing over getting the perfect Dark Note to attach to StreetPass?

I wanted one with two NES songs and it looks like there's a whopping ONE PERCENT chance of that happening. Ouch.

I'd also take both FF IV songs or one NES song with an FF XIII song.

aett

My level 99 team consists of Bartz, Terra, Squall, and Tidus. Bartz is awesome when it comes to FMS and he also has one of those cool boss-killing abilities, Terra is awesome when she actually casts a spell, and Squall is very strong (max Strength with the right skill) and also has a boss-killing ability. However, the only thing that Tidus brings to the team is his own boss -killing move, which (when used with the other two) instantly kills most bosses in Dark Notes. He's more of a FMS character otherwise, and since I already have Bartz, Tidus is pretty redundant.

So, who should I level up to replace Tidus? Preferably someone with high strength and one of the aforementioned boss-killing moves. High HP would be beneficial for my team, as well.

Shaffield

Holy fuck, the FFVI Battle song from this week's DLC is kicking my ass on Ultimate

Such an excellent song too, VI was my first Final Fantasy game, so this is the default battle theme for the series in my mind.

Famassu

My level 99 team consists of Bartz, Terra, Squall, and Tidus. Bartz is awesome when it comes to FMS and he also has one of those cool boss-killing abilities, Terra is awesome when she actually casts a spell, and Squall is very strong (max Strength with the right skill) and also has a boss-killing ability. However, the only thing that Tidus brings to the team is his own boss -killing move, which (when used with the other two) instantly kills most bosses in Dark Notes. He's more of a FMS character otherwise, and since I already have Bartz, Tidus is pretty redundant.

So, who should I level up to replace Tidus? Preferably someone with high strength and one of the aforementioned boss-killing moves. High HP would be beneficial for my team, as well.
Cloud has high strength and probably relatively high HP as well (haven't really compared HP numbers, so not 100% sure about that). He also has Omnislash, which might be a boss-killing move?

Shaffield

Lightning would do the trick, I think

aett

Cloud has high strength and probably relatively high HP as well (haven't really compared HP numbers, so not 100% sure about that). He also has Omnislash, which might be a boss-killing move?

Lightning would do the trick, I think

Thanks for the advice! The moves I'm thinking of are called Limit Breaks, which is so painfully obvious that I feel dumb for not remembering that. Cloud's Omnislash is what I'm looking for, in that it activates when bosses appear and does a ton of damage. Apparently Lightning's limit break gives her +75 to STR and MAG, which makes me wonder: can that increase those stats beyond the max of 255, or is that limit break useless after a certain level? On a similar note, Terra's limit break (Trance) triples her magic strength, but I don't know if there's a limit to that. If there is, I'd probably be better off switching her out, too. I'm trying to get a team that will kill enemies as well as bosses as quickly as possible to increase the odds of getting more shards.

BooJoh

When I was grinding up Vivi, I was playing a lower level note and killing 3-4 bosses per run on a Dark Note. Unlocked two characters in the process by getting sometimes two shards per run.

Vivi gets a skill called Dualcast that doubles the power of his casts, but most of the work was being done by Cloud (high str for small enemies, Omnislash for bosses), Tidus (Blitz Ace for bosses), and Warrior of Light's high str. Onion Knight is also good because he has great agi for FMS but also has a boss move, Ninjutsu that deals damage based on his Agi + Str.

I've been leveling Yuna, and she's good if you're having trouble with a song because she can get an ability that slowly regens your HP all the time, and Cure/Cura/Curaga. She doesn't do a whole lot for DPS purposes though, as far as I can tell.

aett

Oh yeah, one of the other reasons why Bartz rocks is his Mime ability. In FMS it lets him use Dash a second time, and in BMS he'll usually mime the last spell Terra cast or the last Limit Break that Squall or Tidus has used.

Okay, I caved in.

Final Fantasy II: Battle Theme 1
Final Fantasy IV: The Final Battle
Final Fantasy V: In Search of Light
Final Fantasy VI: Battle

Finally met my match with a No. 99 Dark Note

JENOVA is a pain in the ass. What sucks even more is that I never got a chance to try it out in previous Dark Notes

EDIT: Haven't unlocked Cosmos, but got her card in Holofoil. Her running animation is hilarious. Almost like she's trying to fly

I'm going to go insane trying to get the specific Dark Note I want.

So I thought, I'll be lenient, one of the NES songs with a FF XIII song or a pair of SNES songs. But I've gotten twenty-two (or twenty-three) Dark Notes (so almost fifty songs) and I've seen the NES field song zero times and the NES battle song once. Maybe SNES songs three times. This game hates me! Or it's mad at me and knows I've been curb-stomping Final Fantasy VII for fifteen years.

Boogiepop

Getting closer to being able to beat Four Fiends. I can get past the short hold ending in down barrage (but not without SIGNIFICANT damage), but I'm still having some trouble with the hold-swipes at the end. Above all else, this is making me wish practice mode at least had an option to start after the summon. I don't need to practice the first half any more!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Getting closer to being able to beat Four Fiends. I can get past the short hold ending in down barrage (but not without SIGNIFICANT damage), but I'm still having some trouble with the hold-swipes at the end. Above all else, this is making me wish practice mode at least had an option to start after the summon. I don't need to practice the first half any more!

I have yet to try that track on Ultimate with skills/items equipped, so I have no idea what the summon section is like.

Nemesis_

I don't really understand how Dark Notes work - should I just keep randomly playing them in order to unlock shit?

I've got past 10,000 Rhythmia and fought Cosmos. Talk about underwhelming.

Loving this game though - so much content to get through.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't really understand how Dark Notes work - should I just keep randomly playing them in order to unlock shit?
You want to keep playing through one killing the bosses to figure out what drops they have (or use Libra if you don't want to grind them out). You'll want to get unlock new Dark Notes to get new drops.

I was listening to the Black Mages at work today, and I gotta say that I love the original version of "Dancing Mad" over the BM version.

That said, I'd love a few Black Mages songs as DLC at some point.

I was listening to the Black Mages at work today, and I gotta say that I love the original version of "Dancing Mad" over the BM version.
Indeed. After that first CD, I was thinking that Dancing Mad was always like a delicious dirty dream of awesome potential for a crazy heavy rock opera Black Mages rendition. Then when it came out, oh. Oh, this is it? It's. It's terrible.

linko9

So uh.... I'm thinking about playing FFXI. Never played an MMO before, but it's dirt cheap ($9 on amazon, and the first month is free), and I know that at least I'll really like the music. This could be a very bad idea. I'll see how I feel in a week.

It's really lame when you get a random item as your bonus something for earning rhythmia.

I think that means it's supposed to be a crystal shard, but you already got all the ones of that color.

BlackJace

So, what's the method for adding additional songs to the Encore selection?

All I have so far is Dancing Mad (which is a great song, btw)

Top Bottom