• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Ah, there's stupid all characters max level trophy.

I was hoping to never, ever touch any of the VII, VIII or X characters.

Maybe I'll just skip that trophy.

It's not that bad, honestly. For characters I'm not particularly interested in, I force them to learn EXP Hound and band them with three other Lv. 99 characters, and then just watch them grow like a chia pet, ha.

I've S-ranked all Basic and Expert courses, as well as all non-BMS songs on Ultimate, but some of those battles themes on Ultimate are the real trouble - you utilize Stoic to make it easier to obtain the rank, but risk a faster death if you mess up; or you employ life-saving skills to carry you through the song, but risk receiving fewer points. Oh, well, I guess it's a good opportunity to go for that Practice Mode trophy, ha.

Finally got at least one of every shard from a Dark Note.

With four characters left to unlock, getting all the remaining shards might take a while

Pangya

I have two 3DSes (one is my sister's) and initially bought DLC on my SD card/system using the catridge. My sister plays using her own profile on my 3DS and DLC content is usable. When she uses the cartridge on her own 3DS, DLC content is not unlocked. I'm guessing the DLC is locked specifically to the 3DS system itself along with the SD card. A good test would be using a clean Theatrhythm cartridge along with a system that has DLC attached to an SD card and see if DLC would unlock on that...

Another interesting tidbit is that you can Streetpass and share profile cards using one copy of the game if you have two 3DSes. I activated Streetpass using my profile on my system while my sister activated Streetpass using her profile on her system. Every time we Streetpass, we exchange profile cards. I believe this would be a good way to earn that share 50 different bylines trophy...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have two 3DSes (one is my sister's) and initially bought DLC on my SD card/system using the catridge. My sister plays using her own profile on my 3DS and DLC content is usable. When she uses the cartridge on her own 3DS, DLC content is not unlocked. I'm guessing the DLC is locked specifically to the 3DS system itself along with the SD card. A good test would be using a clean Theatrhythm cartridge along with a system that has DLC attached to an SD card and see if DLC would unlock on that...

Hm, yeah, that's what I thought... A shame. Guess I won't be picking up many DLC songs.

Another interesting tidbit is that you can Streetpass and share profile cards using one copy of the game if you have two 3DSes. I activated Streetpass using my profile on my system while my sister activated Streetpass using her profile on her system. Every time we Streetpass, we exchange profile cards. I believe this would be a good way to earn that share 50 different bylines trophy...

Yeah, this works for every 3DS game. It's neat.

Pangya

Hm, yeah, that's what I thought... A shame. Guess I won't be picking up many DLC songs.

Is there a reason why you see this as a problem? System transfer should take care of the DLC transfers if you plan on upgrading to the 3DSXL when it comes out.

zohar

Neo Member
Hey Zohar for the trophy for filling the critical charts on all songs, do you have to do it for every difficulty on every song, or just do it once on any difficulty? That's what I'm working on right now.

Unfortunately it's for *every* song on *every* difficulty. And it includes Feature Zones also so you'll need to play every stage at least twice.

zohar

Neo Member
Who would you say forms the best party in the game in terms of how many monsters you can plough through on BMS stages (i.e Chaos Shrine)

I personally used Terra / Cloud / Squall / Sephiroth or Shantotto and found it very effective. On lower level dark notes, I am able to clear bosses sometimes 4 times.

Terra has high enough AGI as leader to make it to the boss 2/3 sign even on lv99 dark notes, AND she gets Trance + magic abilities that let you go through normal enemies faster.

Cloud / Squall for their limits obviously. Put 2 Strength Ups on Cloud as the effect stacks.

And the last slot I use Sephiroth because he has both max STR and MAG. He has no limit but I use him like Terra to clear non-boss enemies. An alternative before I got Sephiroth is Shantotto, who has both limit and spells, but her STR sucks for normal attacks.

massoluk

Banned
Alright.. I'm done with this game -_-; I am pretty sure I have exhausted all the fun out of it, lol. Last few trophies I'm missing are all multiplayer/streetpass related (PAX, maybe?)... and also that 100 hour trophy.

VetcY.jpg

hTjqb.jpg

lPpMO.jpg

Lies. I refused to believe these are possible. S on all Ultimate? That's totally photoshop.

MrDaravon

I'm honestly concerned for some of you if getting an S rank on an Ultimate song is a big deal, unless you have never ever played a music game before, and even then...

Unfortunately it's for *every* song on *every* difficulty. And it includes Feature Zones also so you'll need to play every stage at least twice.

Well damn. I'd been proceeding under that assumption, but that still sucks.

Roto13

I'm honestly concerned for some of you if getting an S rank on an Ultimate song is a big deal, unless you have never ever played a music game before, and even then...

Well damn. I'd been proceeding under that assumption, but that still sucks.

With Stoic, S rank is easy.

clemenx

Banned
Well, sue me :( I suck at Rhythm Games. Expert mode is enough challenge for me and it's enjoyable. The same way I never play ONI mode in any Taiko no Tatsujin game, save for my favorite songs I don't feel I'm missing much either.

Roto13

Well, sue me :( I suck at Rhythm Games. Expert mode is enough challenge for me and it's enjoyable. The same way I never play ONI mode in any Taiko no Tatsujin game, save for my favorite songs I don't feel I'm missing much either.

Well, if you ever get to the point where you can finish Ultimate songs at all, you'll be at the point where you can S rank them, because Stoic essentially breaks the scoring system.

MrDaravon

This:

Well, if you ever get to the point where you can finish Ultimate songs at all, you'll be at the point where you can S rank them, because Stoic essentially breaks the scoring system.

The game really isn't that hard, even for novices once you've put like 20-30 hours in you're probably okay to clear at least EMS and FMS tracks on Ultimate. Only thing that's really hard is some of the BMS tracks and very high level Dark Notes, but that's like a third or less of the tracks in the game (a few of the BMS tracks aren't that bad).

Noi

Excellent, finally got Battle at the Big Bridge down on Stoic. Next I should go and re-do Four Fiends without cheesing past using Class Change.

...I'm gonna make the other Ultimate Scores feel too easy by comparison by the time I'm done with these two aren't I?

Is there a way to re-encounter the "final" boss of the game? Kinda enjoyed the music for it.

I don't even remember the music that was played during that boss fight

Anyway, you can face Chaos again, but only in Level 90+ Dark Notes (he'll appear as a random Boss No. 3). No final battle repeats unfortunately

Guys, it is TIME TO FREAK OUT.

Here is this week's European DLC line-up:

Tower of the Magi (FF02 - FMS)
Battle 1 (FF05 - BMS)
The Darkness of Eternity (FF09 - BMS)
Desperate Fight (FF12 - BMS)

Our DLC is still based on the Japanese line-up. Do you know what that means? THEY HAVE CUT THE VERSUS XIII DLC.

Famassu

Battle 1 (FF05 - BMS)

Our DLC is still based on the Japanese line-up. Do you know what that means? THEY HAVE CUT THE VERSUS XIII DLC.
I seriously doubt it, maybe they just plan to release the two songs that are from the two games that haven't been released here yet at the same time.

Battle 1 (FF05 - BMS)

What? Why would they do that :(

Battle 1 (FF05 - BMS)

That doesn't make any sense, though. Why would the U.S. get "Somnus" and Europe not get it? That just isn't logical. I'm sure the schedule is just being switched around for some reason.

Does anybody know if any of the NES era DLC songs are terrible arrangements ala the version of Mt. Gulg?

I don't want to waste my $1 if I'm not getting some 2A03 tunes.

I'm away in Italy when the DLC hits. Is it possible to use and purchase from the eShop from a different territory from normal? And will it work with my game? I'm from the UK by the way.

Not a major deal if it won't, after all I'll probably be too busy. But The Dark Messenger...

Well they've confirmed Versus hasn't been cancelled, so I don't know why Europe didn't get Somnus. I guess they'll save it until the next announcement or something now.

zohar

Neo Member
I'm away in Italy when the DLC hits. Is it possible to use and purchase from the eShop from a different territory from normal? And will it work with my game? I'm from the UK by the way.

Not a major deal if it won't, after all I'll probably be too busy. But The Dark Messenger...

I think it will be ok. I believe people with Japanese 3DS's in the US have gotten the Japanese DLC just fine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, after clearing out the main "campaign", what is there left to do? Grind the songs on higher levels to eventually get more Dark Notes?

Also, I'm shocked that the FF6 Opera isn't in this (unless it's some late game unlockable or DLC).

So, after clearing out the main "campaign", what is there left to do? Grind the songs on higher levels to eventually get more Dark Notes?

Also, I'm shocked that the FF6 Opera isn't in this (unless it's some late game unlockable or DLC).

Celes's theme is the opera. I'm not sure what you mean by the main campaign but if you don't have 45,000 Rythmia then you haven't unlocked all the songs yet. And unless you've unlocked all the extra characters you can keep playing Dark Notes to get their crystals. You can also try to get all of the achievements and unlock all the cards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Celes's theme is the opera. I'm not sure what you mean by the main campaign but if you don't have 45,000 Rythmia then you haven't unlocked all the songs yet. And unless you've unlocked all the extra characters you can keep playing Dark Notes to get their crystals. You can also try to get all of the achievements and unlock all the cards.
Oh right, I kept thinking that I would actually hear the real opera version, with the three singers, but I guess they're only sticking to the original tracks. That's fair enough. lol

As for the progression... I dunno, I just did all the songs in that section that lets you play songs from each game, 5 at a time. All there seems to be left to do is to move on to the Challenge mode and redo all the songs on expert, unless there's something else I'm not seeing?

Top Bottom