• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

beje

Banned
I can't see the new european DLC songs for this week in the game. Please, don't tell me they forgot to update *facepalm*

Famassu

Not ready? Oh because Versus XIII is totally ready...lol
Sure, but they pretty much meant that they don't want to do any FFXIV stuff while it's going through it's transformation from a shitty MMO into a (hopefully) great one and they'd rather wait until people perhaps have a more positive view of the game before doing anything with it.

Sure, but they pretty much meant that they don't want to do any FFXIV stuff while it's going through it's transformation from a shitty MMO into a (hopefully) great one and they'd rather wait until people perhaps have a more positive view of the game before doing anything with it.

I guess so. It's a shame really.

Hopefully they do eventually put some XIV music into the game and I guess it could be a form of marketing for the 2.0 update. But how likely is that? Aren't they nearly finished with the DLC?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Fair enough. I'm glad Somnus is in though (although being from the UK we don't have it yet) because it's a great track. I would love some XIV music though as that game does include a lot of great music. It's a shame that's the excuse they gave though.

Especially since a lot of the FFXIV music that exists now will not be going anywhere.

Famassu

I guess so. It's a shame really.

Hopefully they do eventually put some XIV music into the game and I guess it could be a form of marketing for the 2.0 update. But how likely is that? Aren't they nearly finished with the DLC?
Well, their original plan was to release ~50 DLC songs, but if they've sold well there's nothing stopping them from doing more, especially if fans want more after they've all been released.

Some interesting numbers from my Dark Notes spreadsheet and my game's prejudice against my love of classic Final Fantasy.

Twenty-nine of seventy-eight notes contain Final Fantasy I through VI field stages.

TEN of those are the crappy arranged version of Mt. Gulg, so I'm not even sure I should count them.

The first time I got Eternal Wind from Final Fantasy III was on my sixty-sixth note.

Eighteen of seventy-eight notes contain Final Fantasy I through VI battle stages.

I've gotten Movement 09 (Mt. Gulg/Sunleth Waterscape) FOUR different times.

I've gotten forty-eight unique song combinations.

My most common FMS is 7 (FFX's Zanarkand) at fourteen times.

My most common BMS is 9 (FFXIII's Defiers of Fate) at thirteen times.

My least common FMS is tied with 1 (FFIII's Eternal Wind) and 4 (FFVI's Terra's Theme) at two times each.

My least common BMS is tied with 0 (FFII's Battle 2), 2 (FFV's Battle on the Big Bridge) and 3 (FFVI's Battle to the Death) at four times each.

linko9

My goal is to get a Dark Note with FFIII/Eternal Wind and FFII/Battle 2 for StreetPassing, but the odds seem rather hostile against me.

Odds are 1 in 100, right? Might as well unlock 100 notes before you give up, then you'll know if the universe is really against you :D

Odds are 1 in 100, right? Might as well unlock 100 notes before you give up, then you'll know if the universe is really against you :D
You would think, eh? But the numbers on my NES/SNES music list are aggressively low.

I don't plan on putting the game down any time soon though, I'm stubborn.

All else fails, I'm hosting a Theatrhythm themed StreetPass MeetUp in a week, maybe somebody else will have it.

So what songs would make good DLC? I love the bass in this one.

Final Fantasy XI: CoP: Conflict - You Want To Live Forever?

My top picks for DLC (not including DLC we know is coming) would be...

FF IV - "Troian Beauty" (FMS)
FF IV: The After Years - Final Battle (BMS)
FF VI - "Last Dungeon" (FMS)
FF VII - "Jenova Absolute" (BMS)
FF VIII - "Don't be Afraid" (BMS)
FF IX - "You're Not Alone!" (BMS)
FF IX - "Assault of the Silver Dragons (BMS)
FF IX - "The Airship Hilda Garde" (FMS)
FF IX - "Terra" (FMS)
FF X - "Sprouting" (FMS)
FF X - "Brass de Chocobo" (FMS)
FF X-2 - "Besaid" (FMS)
FF XIII-2 - "The Last Hunter" (BMS)
FF XIII-2 - "Paradigm Shift (BMS)
FF XIII-2 - "Unseen Abyss" (BMS)
FF XIII-2 - "Full Speed Ahead" (FMS)
FF XIII-2 - "Historia Crux" (FMS)
FF XIII-2 - "Plains of Eternity" (FMS)
FF: MQ - "Battle 2" (BMS)
FF: MQ - "Battle 3" (BMS)
FF: MQ - "Last Castle" (FMS)

I know this list is weighted heavily toward FF IX and XIII-2 music, but hey, it's my list. Honestly, XIII-2's music was so damn excellent that they could pick almost any song for inclusion in Theatrhythm and I'd be incredibly happy about it.

Also, there are more I could have listed but I didn't want things to get TOO out off hand. I also chose not to include FF Tactics because, well, I'd have to include like 50 more songs if I did that...

SSS'd my first expert course and... it wasn't that bad. Think I actually restarted more times on the FMS than the EMS. Of course there were about a billion close calls for the latter, so it was intense as hell.

Guess I'll keep going for it until I lose my patience.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Battle with the Four Fiends can go L;GKJA;JLKG;LAJKF D;OAUJF;LKJ AD;FJG ;ALJ ;ADJ;LK.GAJ;LSJF;LJNF;O GL/KSAG LK/JAJKSJ'; JG ;LKJN;flnasd;fl/vn /sdlj.lfsdgjnbz l;kb36 jga;kl/s3bs16 1f1 32as1b
65 63ja;oiwelkjg;L Koi:Jnm1
sg1f3ag

That's excellent news. Hope they keep 'em rolling, and get a bunch of songs from VI.

Me too! I'm personally still hoping for the chance that we'll get more songs from XIII-2. I adore that soundtrack. I would also like songs from Mystic Quest and Tactics, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

I think I'm moving to another song. :( Every time I think I've made a step forward I just get hammered with more stupidity.

Keep at it! Battle with the Four Fiends is definitely one of the hardest Ultimate Scores in the game. You'll get it eventually!

Noi

AyPSJBXCQAAvZuL.jpg

My first Ultimate Score clear. Next time I won't use as many heal spells, but my god, I haven't felt a rush as big as this since realizing I could beat Jumping Jack Flash in EBA. Maybe now I can tackle Big Bridge...

Edit: I always underestimate how natural the progression in rhythm games feels. I remember trying out Big Bridge's Ultimate score early on and struggling to even make it to 1/4 of then song, yet a lot of those patterns come out a lot more naturally now.

Almyn

What is the music that plays on the chaos shrine and edit party menus ? Are those tracks new to this game, Or from a previous FF? I assume it's old as I think the rest of the menus play music from other games. The chaos shrine track is always stuck in my head.

Wiz

What's the DLC for this week?

Edit: Just found it. Not bad. Will definitely be getting Fight on.

What is the music that plays on the chaos shrine and edit party menus ? Are those tracks new to this game, Or from a previous FF? I assume it's old as I think the rest of the menus play music from other games. The chaos shrine track is always stuck in my head.

Can't remember the exact songs right now but they are from previous Final Fantasy

I cannot wait to get off work today. Just got a confirmation of delivery e-mail from UPS!

While I waited, I bought a points card in advance, because I want just about every piece of DLC so far. I'm pretty good at plastic instrument rhythm games, but this looks like it will take a lot of practice.

Almyn

Pretty disappointed with Europe's DLC so far. Really really wanted to play that FFXI tune Sarutabaruta :(

I'm with you there. Is it bad that FFXI tracks and dlc (The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah, Gustaberg, Battle theme) actually prompted me to pick this up? If Europe is following the Japanese release schedule then we won't see Sarutabaruta for a while. I was very disappointed when it didn't show up last week :( The game is still amazing though, With or without Saruta. I'm glad I picked it up now.

Chaos Shrine menu music is a remix from FF1 Chaos Shrine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suyCi-xdjNo

Fantastic, Thanks.

Top Bottom